Guns N Roses

Generic Username

Generic Username

Having a wee peek on myspace and I see they are streaming the new album now, "chinese democracy".

I wonder how good an album thats been 40 odd years in the making will be...

Having a wee peek on myspace and I see they are streaming the new album now, "chinese democracy".

Never been a big fan of them but I'm reading Slash's autobiography and it's pretty good.

I P Knightley

Not sure that the 40 years in the making will be the significant factor on the quality front - more the point that Axl Rose is a complete bampot.

Looking forward to hearing it, though. More out of morbid curiosity than genuine expectation.

Generic Username
Not sure that the 40 years in the making will be the significant factor on the quality front - more the point that Axl Rose is a complete bampot.

Looking forward to hearing it, though. More out of morbid curiosity than genuine expectation.

I lasted 3 songs before I ditched it in favour of watching videos on youtube.

Scott_HMFC1874

Had a wee listen on Myspace.

Nothing special in my opinion, with the exception of two or three good songs.

'Catcher In The Rye' is my pick of the bunch. top tune.

Never been a big fan of them but I'm reading Slash's autobiography and it's pretty good.

I love slash - one of my hero's. :)

I love slash - one of my hero's. :)

Touch?.

I really wish Axl had just let go of the Guns N Roses name after the band split. Not keen on his using the name for what is ultimately a completely different band. And he's a knob jockey.

Touch?.

I really wish Axl had just let go of the Guns N Roses name after the band split. Not keen on his using the name for what is ultimately a completely different band. And he's a knob jockey.

Hear hear!

blondejamtart

Read it on holiday - it's a good read. I agree with those who say Axl should have let the name go though - whatever anyone thinks of Chinese Democracy (and from what I've heard and read so far, it's a bit of a mixed bag), it's hardly "Guns n Roses" is it? How can he claim it is when he's the only one left? Without Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, well, it's really just Axl and his new friends, isn't it?

It's not great, few good songs on it but it's never gonnabe their best album, but on the other hand it's by no means another "The Spaghetti Incident?"

Do agree that AR should have dropped the name GnR when the others left.

Its not bad, has some parts that are very good but other parts that are very bad which have a habit of spoiling a few of the songs.

Also agree that they should of drop the GnR name from the album. GnR are finished and its really is just Axl and friends. Think the album would be better accepted also if it had of been listed as an Axl Rose solo project or a new band as then it wouldnt have been compared to the GnR back catalogue which Chinese Democracy doesnt really measure up to IMO.

Not the greatest rock album in history but after two listens now I have to say it's really really good!

Any other thoughts?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Not the greatest rock album in history but after two listens now I have to say it's really really good!

Any other thoughts?

Who's in Guns and Roses these days? I recognise Axel Rose's voice but didn't the other originals all drift away?

Who's in Guns and Roses these days? I recognise Axel Rose's voice but didn't the other originals all drift away?

Axl and a whole heap of session musicians, the only even remotely 'original' member is Dizzy Reed, who plays synthesizers. In truth, the talent that he's used on this album is unsurpassed...guys like Buckethead, Brian Mantia, Robin Finck, Bumblefoot are unbelievably talented and original musicians. Slash may play with more soul, but these guys are far more skilled. It should also be noted that Brian May is credited in the liner notes as providing some guitar melody lines and solos.

I agree that the GnR name should never be on this album. Personally, I think a lot of people are judging the album harshly when they were never going to like it and repeat the "where's slash?" line ad nauseum. The fact is it's a terrific CD packed full of great songs.

Shackler's Revenge, Better, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, IRS and Catcher In The Rye are all amazing tunes. And best not forget "Street of Dreams" which is, in my opinion, better than any other Guns N' Roses ballad.

this_is_my_story

Guns N' Roses are pish. What the funk sort of a name is 'Axl' anyway? Imagine giving yourself that name. What a ******.

Say What Again
Guns N' Roses are pish. What the funk sort of a name is 'Axl' anyway? Imagine giving yourself that name. What a ******.

Is his name not an anagram of Oral Sex?

It's still a stupid name right enough :P

omg lolz!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Have you read this?

motley_crue_the_dirt.jpg

It's a bit like the Howard Marks book, damn good story although you question how much of it is true

this_is_my_story
Is his name not an anagram of Oral Sex?

It's still a stupid name right enough :P

Right enough, so it is. Then again, so is Bob Jowl - Which sounds better than Axl Rose. :P

Archived