Xmas trees, when do you put yours up?

Walter Bishop

Nucky Thompson
We try to go for 2nd week december, cant believe the amount i have seen already!!!
The start of the first week in December for the bairns and I take it down on the 2nd January.

13th of december and down on the 5th, is the proper way to do it.

Hence the 12 days of christmas.

Nucky Thompson

Aye but I never do it the proper way;) I'm hacked of by Christmas by the 2nd of January that's why it's down early.

Aye but I never do it the proper way;) I'm hacked of by Christmas by the 2nd of January that's why it's down early.

To be fair I don't do decorations or a tree in my gaff. I don't have any bairns and besides I am never in the house over christmas or new year:food-smiley-004::mj_zivili::cheers:

Nucky Thompson
To be fair I don't do decorations or a tree in my gaff. I don't have any bairns and besides I am never in the house over christmas or new year:food-smiley-004::mj_zivili::cheers:
Are you heading to the pub this afternoon?

Nelly Terraces

Likewise. Get the f ***** g beers in!!:)

Are you heading to the pub this afternoon?

I'm heading to Vietnam for 4ish. My arm could be twisted into popping in for a quick pint about 3;)

Think we're putting ours up first week of december for the wee man.

my mum loves putting up the decos and tree she wont let any of us help no matter how ratty she gets haha!

Last year I bought a wee living tree in a pot, decorated it, watered it, it was lovely.

After Christmas I put it by my back door and it has thrived, it looks great. It's got new needles, although it's no bigger than it was last year.

My wife says I need to buy a new one! She says that there's creepy crawlies living in that one and she doesn't want them in the house.

Anyway, tree'll go up on the 13th or 14th probably and down on the 4th of Jan.

I like Christmas trees.

Last year I bought a wee living tree in a pot, decorated it, watered it, it was lovely.

After Christmas I put it by my back door and it has thrived, it looks great. It's got new needles, although it's no bigger than it was last year.

My wife says I need to buy a new one! She says that there's creepy crawlies living in that one and she doesn't want them in the house.

Anyway, tree'll go up on the 13th or 14th probably and down on the 4th of Jan.

I like Christmas trees.

awww :o

My maw has a couple of artificial trees - I've never seen the appeal of real ones. They just make a mess.

I'm my flat there is usually a bit of tinsel kicking around and that's about it.

snap!

the proper way is the proper way

it's a pagan festival, yer aw pagans.

the pagans had a festival around the same time, but it is a christian festival

Will put it up 2nd weekend in December and take it down on 5th Jan, Christmas cards get replaced with my sons and my Birthday cards so house doesnt look really bare straight away.

I got a black tree last year and really liked it so it will getting pulled back out the cupboard this year.

If I put up a Xmas Tree it's usually a few days before and it gts taken down when I can be bothered doing it just after New Year

Its just me and the Fiance in the flat and we're at the outlaws during Xmas & New Year cos the flat's too pokey to have folk over.

I see you're in the same boat as me Yvonne, 2nd Jan is my fiance's b/day, 3rd is the future Mother in Law and the 4th is my Stepdad, I've yet to see my Xmas bonus last to the 2nd week of January :sad:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

When hell freezes over

BAH HUMBUG

Well that and the fact I'm a muslim

If I put up a XT it's usually a few days before and it gts taken down when I can be bothered doing it just after New Year

Its just me and the Fiance in the flat and we're at the outlaws during Xmas & New Year cos the flat's too pokey to have folk over.

I see you're in the same boat as me Yvonne, 2nd Jan is my fiance's b/day, 3rd is the future Mother in Law and the 4th is my Stepdad, I've yet to see my Xmas bonus last to the 2nd week of January :sad:

My sons Birthday is 2nd, mine is the 6th, 2 of my mates are on the 7th & 10th. I freaking hate January! Trying to survive on wages you get just before Xmas to last until the end of Jan is impossible in my house

My tree will be going up in the first week of December for my two wee boys who are already excited about Christmas, my youngset son will be celebrating his 4th birthday on Christmas Eve.

One of my (quite mad) neighbours put there tree up last Sunday (15th).

I love Xmas, but that is just mad!!

Personally I'm for a ban on all things Christmas related until 1st December. I'm talking it's like Christmas isn't invented at all until the 1st and then happily fades away after the 26th.

Aside from that I don't usually do Christmas trees, maybe 2nd week in December I suppose.

forget the trees its all about the advent calenders ....

even at 28 getting up to eat whits behind door no.1 through to no.24 does it for me.

anyone else still leave a carrot, a cookie and a pint of milk for rudolph ..... or is it just me.

Archived