SDM / JR fight

Victorian

well well.... seems like the OF marriage of convenience might be going through a rocky patch and could be heading for the divorce courts soon.

which one of them will get custody of the bigots?

well well.... seems like the OF marriage of convenience might be going through a rocky patch and could be heading for the divorce courts soon.

Whichever is more worried about the thoughts of the good people of Airdrie and Shotts, I guess! :)

p16a.jpg

Whichever is more worried about the thoughts of the good people of Airdrie and Shotts, I guess! :)

p16a.jpg

Good to see Maurice Ross still supports the club even although he's left the,.

SDM Sir David Murray

JR?????

Can you exapnd , for those of us not in the know ?

Cant remember who it was, think it was the Colonel who mentioned this was going to happen a week or so. Gloves off as they say.

I hope they both start laying in to each other and do some damage.

This has the power to split fans groups and board members at both clubs.

Cheers.

Sounds like Reid is sick of the media areslicking SDM on his 20 years at the Orangedome. The comments in the Sunday Mail last week were stomach churning.

Still , good to see the terrorists being put in their place after their usual holier than thou , we are the victims , mentality.

Without wanting to take sides and drag this thread into the sectarian mire whereupon it will be joined by the usual suspects *yawn*, it does seem to me that SDM makes a pretty rubbish point.

Is he saying that because John Reid is a Member of Parliament who represents a "broad church" from Airdrie and Shotts including, reading between the lines, an element of knuckle-draggers who think the famine song is "juss a wee bit'ra banta, liekasay" that he should therefore not say anything about it in his capacity as Chairman of Sellick because his statement would be at odds with the views of some of his constituents ??

Seems a bizarre view to hold. Surely, Reid has the right to speak out against bigotry whether he happens to be the MP for some of the bigots or not. If they don't like his comments, perhaps they won't vote for him again. Perhaps they will.

In addition, SDM's comments are almost saying that because some of these people are from Airdrie or Shotts, its what you would expect them to sing. A bit like Basil Fawlty saying "He's from Barcelona". You cant blame them for being bigots - they're from Airdrie. Hardly terribly condemnatory.

Very odd indeed

GC

There is a nauseating 3+ pages in the Hootsmon about SDM today.

:boak:

Read this nause ... from http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Old-Firm-unlikely-to-ever.4717509.jp

"We are restricted by playing in Scotland, we compete with Celtic. Hearts split us one year and, early in my tenure, Celtic weren't always second but really, it is a bit of a foregone conclusion most of the time. That does not make the menu as interesting as it could be.

"But there is no sign of the English route opening up for us. Why do they need us? The bottom clubs are like turkeys, they won't vote for Christmas."

You're right there, SDM - and the two of you have it all stitched up - similarly, the two of you are hardly going to "vote for Christmas" either ... you like it this way ... I'm just about driven to ****ing swearing here, ya ****.

Guest JamboRobbo
Go JR! :biggrin:

Did you see the line in the report about "Old Firm etiquette"? :eek:

Aye, "we'll not show you up for being bigots if you don't show us up for being bigots". :P

The Hvn finally put paid to any tiny hope the OF might have had of playing in England with their little outing to Manchester.

Not that it was RFC fans, of course, behind the trouble.

;)

Italian Lambretta

Both parties have already agreed to share the songs each set of fans sing.

Smeltic Fans - Terrorist Songs

Rankers Fans - Overtly Racist songs

No change there then?

john brownlee

like the skool bullies pretending to fight to show the rest of the skool they really are hard and its not wise to mess with them.

maybe, one day the turkeys with have enough guts to vote for Xmas, remember not all the birds end up on the plate.

Guest JamboRobbo
We've not always agreed on many subjects, but on this occasion I'm with you 100% JR :):)

well at least I'm less hated than SDM!

if the divorce gets messy it will be interesting to see which side some of the toadying, spineless diddy clubs cuddle up to. bet they're kaking themselves at the thought of having to allign themselves away from one of the uglies instead of continually sucking up.

it's hilarious to see though. SDM berates his own fans for some of their behavior.... JR comes out and makes some comments about the same type of behaviour and SDM rounds on him!!!

pish off the pair-o-ye.

Guest JamboRobbo
if the divorce gets messy it will be interesting to see which side some of the toadying, spineless diddy clubs cuddle up to. bet they're kaking themselves at the thought of having to allign themselves away from one of the uglies instead of continually sucking up.

it's hilarious to see though. SDM berates his own fans for some of their behavior.... JR comes out and makes some comments about the same type of behaviour and SDM rounds on him!!!

pish off the pair-o-ye.

:laugh: I was just about to ask what I'd done now then I remembered what thread this is. :P

There is NO laptop loyal.....then the Herald confirms that there just might be

"On Wednesday afternoon, Sir David Murray granted a select group an audience to commemorate his 20 years as Rangers chairman. During an hour-long discussion with 12 daily newspaper journalists"

Any prizes for guessing who the dirty dozen are??

Is Chick Young a daily newspaper journalist?

If he was at the meeting can the Herald be sued by it's readership under the trades description act??

Colonel Kurtz
Cant remember who it was, think it was the Colonel who mentioned this was going to happen a week or so. Gloves off as they say.

I hope they both start laying in to each other and do some damage.

This has the power to split fans groups and board members at both clubs.

There is more to come, story being held my Mogwlis monkeys for maximum impact,well known "Tim in Trouble"

Are Old Firm fans even from the same planet as we are? Aliens landed in Glasgow long ago and are impersonating human beings.

PresidentRomanov

Sir David's spot on, didn't take John Reid to get in the the swing of the Celtic sleekitness :mad:

Archived