Favourite Christmas Movie

Radio Ga Ga

With the season of goodwill just round the corner, looking to buy a couple of Christmas movies for my son, any recommendations....

My personal favourite is Elf, ''call me Elf one more time my son and I'll come over there and knock your head off''

scottish_chicP

Miracle on 34th Street although I do love a Muppets Christmas Carol! Aaaw I am going to miss them all because I will be in Oz.

With the season of goodwill just round the corner, looking to buy a couple of Christmas movies for my son, any recommendations....

My personal favourite is Elf, ''call me Elf one more time my son and I'll come over there and knock your head off''

A Christmas Carol is always a winner - the one with George C Scott as scrooge is my personal favourite.

Never seen it myself, but The Polar Express comes highly recommended by friends and family??? Anyone agree?

MackaysCentreSpot
None of them - they should all be banned, along with Christmas itself! :(

BJT maybe you should get the original Gremlins movie.

I remember the girl in it did not like xmas because her dad was pretending to be santa and got himself stuck in the chimney and died.

Did something traumatic happen to you that makes you feel this way.

It's a Wonderful Life.

The Filmhouse shows it most years, and its become a fixture on my personal advent calendar when back in Edinburgh.

I can't believe there have been 27 posts and no one has mentioned Uncle Buck!

I was going to but I think Home Alone trumps it.

blondejamtart

I just don't like Christmas - and can't remember ever having done so, even as a child. (Yes, a psychiatrict could probably have a field day with that, but there you go!) Bah humbug, that's me! :(

I thought Bad Santa was garbage, right up there with the rubbish like Lost in Translation.

Muppet's Christmas Carol gets my vote!

I just don't like Christmas - and can't remember ever having done so, even as a child. (Yes, a psychiatrict could probably have a field day with that, but there you go!) Bah humbug, that's me! :(

Go for it girl, I don't really like Christmas. I remember about 7 years ago when I was working in Dublin and was on-call and could not partake in the usual festivities, I watched 'Wonderful Life' and sober as a judge felt pretty good after it, try it this year, I mean the film.

Charlie and the choclate factory (the old one) Been watching that every christmas for well over 10 yrs.. Brilliant movie..

i blub like a baby everytime i watch its a wonderful life. nightmare before xmas is terrific too. love the muppets and no christmas is complete without the wizard of oz!

Kalamazoo Jambo
no christmas is complete without the wizard of oz!

Have to agree with that :)

The Shop Around The Corner would be my favourite Christmas film, though, closely followed by It's A Wonderful Life.

Archived