Sieves, any tips on how to wash them?

Gambo

Apart from the obvious 'dishwasher' or 'get the wife to clean it' answers, does anyone have any good tips on how to clean the close knit type of wire mesh sieve? :mad:

No matter how hard i try or scrub, there is always something left stuck n the 'holes'.

Guest Fabuloso
Apart from the obvious 'dishwasher' or 'get the wife to clean it' answers, does anyone have any good tips on how to clean the close knit type of wire mesh sieve? :mad:

No matter how hard i try or scrub, there is always something left stuck n the 'holes'.

That's bugged me for years. I've even tried getting the wife to scrub harder but to no avail. Interested to see some solutions as we can't all get a new wife at the drop of a hat!

leave it to 'steep' as any auld biddy would say.

then... blow torch or compressed air cylinder.

Say What Again

Ha ha. Magic.

I was moaning about that very thing the other day :P

The fecking thing just about went through the window at one point.

Ha ha. Magic.

I was moaning about that very thing the other day :P

The fecking thing just about went through the window at one point.

just use any old socks lying around as a diy sieve.... then you can just throw it away... hey presto ... problem solved

just use any old socks lying around as a diy sieve.... then you can just throw it away... hey presto ... problem solved

If my wife tried that whilst cooking, i'm sure i would not be able to taste the difference.

looks round to check she aint lurking. :peepwall:

Daydream Believer

Jewellers Loupe and a pin.

It takes a while but I think we can all agree there's no point taking chances with sieve clenliness.

Archived