The Rainbow at Drumbrae

Dunk-Section G

Why is it closed?

I am sure there have been posts about this already, but I cant be bothered trawling.

there was a bungled robbery.

embra jam tart
apparently when all the trouble kicked off it came out that the owners didnt have correct licence?

Correct, don't think it will be able to open again until it's under new management. Saying that maybe any potential new managers will be refused a license by recommendation of the police.

portobellojambo1
apparently when all the trouble kicked off it came out that the owners didnt have correct licence?

I am led to believe it was not a problem with the licence, but there was further trouble in the pub the week after the initial trouble, and when inspecting the pub the police came across something and removed the licence immediately. Only what I have heard, it might be bull.

Guest juvehearts

IMHO only,

best thing to happen to the jungle in years.

wonder if the mid yoken will go the same route or will the high street in corstophine go?

hope not mind you.

its the rainbow hearts i feel for most.

hope the bus still runs.

juve.

Miller Jambo 60
IMHO only,

best thing to happen to the jungle in years.

wonder if the mid yoken will go the same route or will the high street in corstophine go?

hope not mind you.

its the rainbow hearts i feel for most.

hope the bus still runs.

juve.

Dont tar the Mid with the same probs.

The mid is well run and everyone knows each other.

Never any hastle in the place.

As for corrie high street only one pub there,the corrie inn.

Never trouble there.

Or did you mean corstorphine road the oak and agenda, some trouble, but rare no worse than anywhere else.

I am led to believe it was not a problem with the licence, but there was further trouble in the pub the week after the initial trouble, and when inspecting the pub the police came across something and removed the licence immediately. Only what I have heard, it might be bull.

Yes someone had suggested that the knife/weapons used in the incident the week before had been found in the toilets.

Given the pub was "closed" at the time of the incident it has obviously raised questions as to how they ended up in there

Aye Doug, but the last time I was in it was like the old Wild West saloon when I opened the doors.

Lasted about 2 pints before I left in fear of my life, or ending up in a scenario where I was squealing like a pig.

;)

Well, after perusing the trade magazines a week or two back (either "The Publican" or the "Scottish Licenced Trade News", think it was the last), the 'Bow was listed as up for grabs.

So it's not a sudden decision to empty the current licence holders......

Couple weeks ago I was back home and got off the 31 needing a pee. Decided to pop into the Mid, 2 wee plukey jakey neds outside having a fag wouldnt get out the way off the door. Brushed past them, went inside to the toilet then bought a can of juice and left. As I get out theres still one of the jakeys outside, as I pass him he says "what do you think this is? a ****ing public toilet?" so I answered "yeah actually, its not a ****ing members only club is it? Not that what I do has anything to do with you" to which he replies "wait here you ****ing dick, me and my mate are going to kick your head in" and off he goes to get his mates! Needless to say I didnt hang around.

The Mid is a hole.

Nelly Terraces

So, in short, The Rainbow is a sh * thole full of schemies.

Good reason as any to have it closed.

Licence refused.

NEXT!

Guest juvehearts

As for corrie high street only one pub there,the corrie inn.

Never trouble there.

Or did you mean corstorphine road the oak and agenda, some trouble, but rare no worse than anywhere else.

Oh dougie,

welecome back m8!

its been a good 4/5 years since ive been in east craig's, the last time to see the dentist.

ive seen loads of trouble in the corrie inn, years ago mind you, same time as the mid lol.

ive drank in them all but likewise not a lot of trouble in recent times, Im not trying to say that these places are bad, just the people that were in the rainbow need somewhere to quench their thirst & it'll be interesting to find out where.

now a days my local is the Hailes!!!!!!!!

i dont go in there, often, just to play darts against them lol

the mid is paradice compaired to the hailes!

when new people took over the license wasnt renewed and they lost their license but can renew it in january i think.

or something to do with the stabbing.

Miller Jambo 60
Couple weeks ago I was back home and got off the 31 needing a pee. Decided to pop into the Mid, 2 wee plukey jakey neds outside having a fag wouldnt get out the way off the door. Brushed past them, went inside to the toilet then bought a can of juice and left. As I get out theres still one of the jakeys outside, as I pass him he says "what do you think this is? a ****ing public toilet?" so I answered "yeah actually, its not a ****ing members only club is it? Not that what I do has anything to do with you" to which he replies "wait here you ****ing dick, me and my mate are going to kick your head in" and off he goes to get his mates! Needless to say I didnt hang around.

The Mid is a hole.

You have a prob mate

You have a prob mate

Yes , he cant go for a pesh without getting some wee dick threatening to kick his head in , ****ing neds need a proper slapping.

Yes , he cant go for a pesh without getting some wee dick threatening to kick his head in , ****ing neds need a proper slapping.

East Craigs for you!!;);););)

You have a prob mate

Sorry I dont subscribe to the 'ma ha fightins pure cool likes' school of thought

It doesnt surprise me you frequent there.

Archived