Larry gone to Ghana to save his family.

Dr. Bapswent

Sergio Garcia
But was I being serious or mucking around? Take a guess, 50/50 shot.

Touche my good man touche.

Now sadly I need to get back to work, I remember the days when I had the time to sit about in the office on JKB now i must earn my keep to keep the wages flowing in.

So i look forward to seeing how this thread progresses late this evening, as one previous poster recently stated, "its turning into a belter"

Guest JamboRobbo
I've not really been following the whole Larry story, anyone care to give me a quick breakdown?

- Rumours that Larry had a square go with Berra after Hibs game.

- Larry not played since, with "injury" dragging on.

- Friday pre match Csaba says Larry is telling doctors he is injured, Csaba not sure when he'll be back, as they don't know what is wrong with him.

- Monday, comes out that Larry is off to Ghana game.

- Bit on Hearts Website with Csaba having a bit of a moan about Larry being away when he should be here getting treatment, and saying he'll speak to him when he gets back.

- Concerns arise that perhaps he's not really injured and will play for Ghana.

- Larry today saying he had to go to Ghana to prove to them he was genuinely injured after he didn't go last time.

In short, not that major an issue, and has only really been talked about since Csaba spoke out in public about it.

I'm presuming he didn't actually play for Ghana, which is the positive to come out of all of this IMO. It would appear that for once, a Hearts player who is out "injured", is actually injured.

MackaysCentreSpot
Im good mate im good just giving you a hard time while on my lunch im bored :P

I'd expect nothing less. You have a pm.

Commander Harris
- Rumours that Larry had a square go with Berra after Hibs game.

- Larry not played since, with "injury" dragging on.

- Friday pre match Csaba says Larry is telling doctors he is injured, Csaba not sure when he'll be back, as they don't know what is wrong with him.

- Monday, comes out that Larry is off to Ghana game.

- Bit on Hearts Website with Csaba having a bit of a moan about Larry being away when he should be here getting treatment, and saying he'll speak to him when he gets back.

- Concerns arise that perhaps he's not really injured and will play for Ghana.

- Larry today saying he had to go to Ghana to prove to them he was genuinely injured after he didn't go last time.

In short, not that major an issue, and has only really been talked about since Csaba spoke out in public about it.

I'm presuming he didn't actually play for Ghana, which is the positive to come out of all of this IMO. It would appear that for once, a Hearts player who is out "injured", is actually injured.

cheers JR.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Its pretty sad he had to come out and say all this.

He was called up, he had to go, end of story as far as I am concerned.

Just look at Capello demanding the same of his injured players.

Think this may be a first for me, but I actually agree with you!

Also couldn't Ghana have invoked that Fifa 5-day rule anyway if he hadn't gone?

He's only having to come out and say this due to a witch hunt from fans who refuse to accept he had to report

Also Capello has stated injured players will always have to report, and has insinuated this is because clubs force players to withdraw for very little reason.

At the end of the day I don't see the harm here, If it was to make Larry's recovery longer fair enough, but I dont see any suggestion it will.

He is only having to come out and say this because he left without Casba's permission.

Now I am totally fricking confused. From Csabas press conference I understood that Hearts felt Kingston was injury free, Kingston says it wasn't. He basically tells Hearts that he cannot play because of injury, and hasn,t for numerous games. Ghana I take it select him for a friendly game. Hearts ask that he be excused as he is injured, this to be substantiated by his lack of appearances for his salary paying team. Ghana obviously don,t believe Hearts and insist that Kingston fly home to prove to them that the injury Kingston himself says he has is genuine.

Now what happens if Kingston is examined by the medical people for Ghana, and they agree with Hearts that no injury exists, does Kingston then play for Ghana to protect his family and what happens when he returns to Edinburgh.

I tell you its better than Coronation Street for twists and turns.

He might well have been within his rights (and that of the Ghana FA or whatever they're called) but I'm still not convinced by this injury of his.

I'm not one of the angry mob who have been laying into him of late, far from it...I think that even Larry on a bad day is better than no Larry at all...but something just doesn't sit right with me about all of this.

Guest jambomickey
He might well have been within his rights (and that of the Ghana FA or whatever they're called) but I'm still not convinced by this injury of his.

I'm not one of the angry mob who have been laying into him of late, far from it...I think that even Larry on a bad day is better than no Larry at all...but something just doesn't sit right with me about all of this.

agree with you red! i think he's in a huff after easter road dressing room bust up

portobellojambo1

I have no idea if he is injured or not, however I understand this situation (it appears to be the norm. for many international FA's to now insist that players called up report for a game, come what may), but do not agree with it.

If a player, irrespective of which country he is based in, is declared unfit to play by his own club doctor this should be documented by the club, and a copy of any relevant paperwork could then be faxed to the relevant international FA's doctor. After all are doctors not meant to have a code of ethics, whereby they never lie, or am I getting them mixed up with hookers.

Archived