**** Off Steam

Eckauskas

You ****ing **** ******* **** **** **** ******* **** ****ing ****** ******* **** ******* **** **** **** arseh*les.

You've ****ing ruined FM 2009.

When is Champ Manager 2009 out?

the whole thing is a farce mate, its not just FM either, all the high profile pc games are starting to use this.

i went on the SI forums and there just full of threads from people raging about struggling to get the game activated, and then all the bugs etc when it finally does work.

Massive own goal.

It took me 2 days to get the ****er working to begin with.

Now Steam is telling me the game is unavailable.

What a ****ing waste of ?30.

Not that its there fault but one i installed the game my disc drive stoped working and was not reading any disc's that i was puting into my laptop but i am blaming them for it anyway because it is now Donald Ducked!! :mad:

Theres a direct Exe. file once its installed and activated which can bypass steam.

Its Computer>Programme Files>Steam>Steam Apps> FM09 Then the game logo, runs it without steam being used and seems a bit more stable.

Steam is ****ing me off, my computer just seems slower and less stable when its running :(

Wish I had just bought a disc and went for non steam activation now

I uninstalled steam and installed FM the other way. I then downloaded the patch of the SI website and all was fine until my game froze every 15 minutes!!!!!!!!! Then I found out, by playing the game in windowed mode it fixed the problem and its been fine ever since!!

Mmmm... dunno if I can be arsed with this hassle.

My long running game in FM08 with Millwall is going fine. Think I'll leave the purchase of FM09 for a while yet.

http://www.steampowered.com can be downloaded there if anyone else needs it.

I use this program for other game such as counter strike 1.6 and counter strike source.

was thinking of getting fm09 but i dunno if i cba with watching a boring screen all day again.

i've used steam for 4 years now and never had a problem with it.

installed fm09 yesterday, played it last night without any problems at all.

I used Steam and the cd together ie used Steam for verification. I didnt have any installation problems whatsoever. After it was finished, I went into C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps and there was FM. I made a shortcut from that and now you dont need to play with the CD nor have Steam open to play it.

I got the game delivered today, installed no probs. Online activation 1st time, not using the steam option tho...

The game started up, I had already downloaded the patch, so I hit exit from the game and ran the patch.

Now when I run the game I get an error about the graphics system! It was ok 5 minutes ago when the game booted for the 1st time!!!

I've now got to download a 500Meg file from Microsoft...:(

Archived