Best Scottish film

Debaser

"All that fuss over a bit of tit"

You just don't get dialogue like that anymore.

The whole film has brilliant dialogue.

The bit when Gregory is leaving his house and the boy asks if his sister is in is brilliant.

The best attempt at the high jump as well!

rudi must stay
What's the best film set in Scotland?

anyone for the Wickerman or Trainspotting?

has to be the Wickerman. No matter how many times you see that film the ending is just as shocking, Christopher Lee also plays a great part in it

Captain Lithuania
1st Trainspotting

2nd Restless Natives

3rd Gregorys Girl

Trainspotting is very good. Even though it's about junkie hibees :).

:107years:

Restless Natives is a film set in Edinburgh where everone has a Weegie accent so two points deducted*

*the other is for showing a Hibby.

Local Hero is a class film, as is Gregory's Girl.

Buffalo Bill

Yeah Shallow Grave is a good film too.

BB you are being harsh on Restless Natives :sad:

I have friends who got to be in the scene down the mound ahh the glamour and I was very jealous.

The old disney version of Greyfriars bobby is my personal favorite followed by whisky galore but the all time smackerooney of a film is a shot of glory with duvall and mccoist i was rolling around the living room watching that one hohoho

Carl Weathers

Trainspotting is the best I've seen.

Other great films with Scottish content (not filmed here) include Braveheart, Rob Roy (edit, Dog soldiers;) and Highlander:eek:.

Edit. Rob Roy was filmed here and parts of Dog Soldiers and Highlander were also filmed in Sotland.

Any one remember "A sense of freedom"about Jimmy Boyle.Directed by John MacKenzie who also done "The long good Friday"?

It's years since I've seen That Sinking Feeling, but I remember it as very good.

Gregory's Girl edges it for me though, so many brilliant scenes, Chic Murray, "Off you go, you small boys", the penguin and Clare Grogan being just the most gorgeous creature I'd ever set eyes on.

"Sorry? Sorry's no gonna stop ye fae bein' a fat **** though, is it?"

Trainspotting for me.

Will second the Dog Soliders shout though, cracking film.

Commander Harris
Gregory's Girl or Local Hero for me.

decided to give Local Hero a watch tonight, have been meaning to watch it again for ages. Quality film, and it's still fresh, doesn't seem dated at all (except the quality 80s promotional video for Knox at the start of the film. perfect. :))

I'm gona stick Braveheart into the mix, Cracking movie that i always enjoy watching.

American made film, filmed in Ireland, starring an Australian, with an American script that completely butchers Scottish history.

Not a Scottish film IMO :)

American made film, filmed in Ireland, starring an Australian, with an American script that completely butchers Scottish history.

Not a Scottish film IMO :)

He's a septic, not an Orstrayan.

Battle of Stirling Bridge without the bridge (etc., etc.)

Ignore the historical accuracy; it was a top fillum.

Internationally, mention Scotland and "Braveheart" comes up in the conversation. Just go with the flow.

"Tunes of Glory". Qiuite moving at the time, but somehow the acting (apart from the principals) seems stilted now.

Miller Jambo 60
1= Restless Natives

1= Gregorys Girl

3 Comfort & Joy

4 Trainspotting

5 Local Hero

Trainspotting for me and shallow grave comes next:)

jambos are go!
1= Restless Natives

1= Gregorys Girl

3 Comfort & Joy

4 Trainspotting

5 Local Hero

Comfort Joy gave me one of my biggest belly laughs when the masked hoodlum chased Bill Paterson (a DJ turned journalist) after he watched him attacking a rival Ice Cream Van. He caught the terrified Paterson - and asked if he would play a request (Dean Martin?) for his mum. Never saw it coming and laughed at the very thought for days.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Small Faces .

Good shout!

That movie with Billiy Connolly as a debt collector was good too

Archived