CUTTING SANDWICHES

andi17

Just had a haslet and mustard sanny and it was cut diagonally always think they taste better that way , does it really make any difference.

I always think the opposite, cut down the middle into two rectangles. Your making me hungry, and we have no bread left!

Cut it into 2 triangles.

But if it is Tuna and sweetcorn it has to be into 4 triangles.

Strange.

I was a professional "Sandwich Artist", but was mainly dealing with baguette type rolls. Sliced bread isn't my forte. :cool:

**** me. A Scottish subway employee!

This is me at work today

IMG_2030.jpg

Its not really but I wish it was. Actually I dont, I just want his sandwich.

The People's Chimp
Just had a haslet and mustard sanny and it was cut diagonally always think they taste better that way , does it really make any difference.

Sandwhiches - destroying the club everyday.

WOAH THERE!! You shower of nancies, blouses and all-round big ladies.

What in the name o the wee man are you doing cutting your sarnies????

Real men don't cut sarnies!! Twa doads o bread wi stuff inside, nae matter how big, should tackled manfully and WHOLE!!

Aah, the delicacy that is haslet, what the feck is in that stuff that makes it so cheap but taste great. Prefer it on a roll myself:)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I use to live in Nottingham where the pronounced it hays lit

I got funny looks when I asked for haslet

Haslet sarnie with mustard on the top and mayo or preferable old skool salad cream on the bottom

Thats the dugs of a sannie right there

Jamie_the_Jambo

If your hungry its uncut or two rectangles.

Entertaining the ladies is 4 triangles.

Only once youve known them awhile do you do two triangles and not before.

Eating two small sandwiches is very refined. Eating 1 half sandwich triangle will only get her all bloated and guilty.

Jamie

of course if one is undecided about the relative benefits of the rectangle / triangle approaches to sandwich dividing, you can always compromise by opting for a best-of-both-worlds kind of incision by rotating the plate through approximately 22.5 degrees instead of 45. this gives one the benefit of being able to grasp the back end of a half-sandwich by the corners, and also the delight of being able to take the initial bite on an acutely angled corner. this approach will really pay dividends if you are consuming a deeply filled sandwich which requires maximum corner graspage to prevent errant filling droppage.

sometimes the solutions are right in front of you.

Say What Again
Diagonal sandwiches are for homosexuals.

I don't cut mine at all, but then I'm a real man.

Correct.

Probably filled with cucumber, humus or brie.

I just had a good, manly, ham and tomato (plenty pepper) piece at my work.

Uncut, and required both hands for eating.

03.jpg

When Hughesie was younger he'd refuse to eat sandwiches if they were cut the wrong way. He'd be in tears and take a massive tantrum and you'd be forced to make him another one. The worst of it was that he would change the way he wanted them cut from sandwich to sandwich so if you forgot to ask him you were guaranteed to slice it up wrong.

Little *****.

When Hughesie was younger he'd refuse to eat sandwiches if they were cut the wrong way. He'd be in tears and take a massive tantrum and you'd be forced to make him another one. The worst of it was that he would change the way he wanted them cut from sandwich to sandwich so if you forgot to ask him you were guaranteed to slice it up wrong.

Little *****.

but then again, hes always been a homosexual!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Little *****.

What a litte gimp ;)

:P

The People's Chimp
Sandwhiches - destroying the club everyday.

Can't believe that the mods edited the OP's thread title spelling mistake and rendered a pretty poor joke utterly meaningless.

I P Knightley
I always eat rolls, or baguettes.

Sandwiches are for homosexuals.

"Baguettes"

"Manly"???

How can anything which has to be called by a French name ever be considered hetty?

Baguettes are deliberately shaped for ladies and gay men to practice their fellatio upon. FACT.

Little *****.

Fecks sake. He'll be wandering round Sighthill in a straw boater next insisting everyone calls him Sebastian.

Regal Kingston

I am far too manly for sandwiches.

I just get a hunk of cheese and the heel of a loaf then take alternate bites.

Has to be the heel no other bread product is as manly as a heel and the cheese has to be yelly. If I want tae 'mix it up' I bite on an onion like an apple.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
"Baguettes"

"Manly"???

How can anything which has to be called by a French name ever be considered hetty?

Baguettes are deliberately shaped for ladies and gay men to practice their fellatio upon. FACT.

Ha ha - I knew that would get a bite.

Rolls are the shizzle.

**** yer sandwiches and baguettes :P

Archived