Maradone is hailed as a legend for cheating against England

Yet:

Miko is the ant-Christ for diving against Scotland

Scotland Fans - Double standards

Yet:

Davey you are indeed a legend yourself.

How anyone managed to have a thread with Maradona and gorgie legend Miko in the same sentence is truly remarkable:rolleyes:

Davey you are indeed a legend yourself.

How anyone managed to have a thread with Maradona and gorgie legend Miko in the same sentence is truly remarkable:rolleyes:

It's not about Maradona and Miko in particular.

It is about Scotland fans double standards !

I know mate, just a poor attempt at humour:p

Hold the phone! Fans say 'no' to players cheating against them and 'yes' to players cheating for them or against closest rival.

Unheard of!!

Hold the phone! Fans say 'no' to players cheating against them and 'yes' to players cheating for them or against closest rival.

Unheard of!!

Well I don't !!

Yet:

Because the Tartan Army are the most pathetic fans on the planet

Unheard of!!

I think the OP was refering to the hypocracy of the TA and the weegy press.

I have no time for either organisation

Awwww boo hoo hoo England diddums did that bad man use his hand :cheer1::Dr_Evil:

Is'nt diddums a great word, and quite apt on this thread.;)

Guest Dipped Flake

What I find pathetic is fans on a Scottish teams messageboard who seem to hate every single thing about Scotland. As for the Tartan Army, it really is pathetic to actually support your country by spending your money, singing your hearts out for the full 90 minutes, I mean how pathetic can you get

Frankenstein Jambo.

You people who critisise the tartan army should have yer heads examined and start supporting your country

Thig Ar Latha

This is one of the best examples of the 'Pot calling the kettle Black' that I've seen for a while.

IIRC, you felt the need to start a thread on the 'Terrace' last season to apologise for your behaviour at Pittoddrie last season and seek the forgiveness of those around you who may have wittnessed your antics.

IMO, having been home and away with both Hearts and Scotland, the vast majority of supporters I've seen (both Hearts and Scotland) are very well behaved with only a few individuals going over the score. If anything, the Scotland Fans are the better behaved.

As with what most people on here seem to say, the only consistantly badly behaved supporters are both the ugly sisters.

This is one of the best examples of the 'Pot calling the kettle Black' that I've seen for a while.

IIRC, you felt the need to start a thread on the 'Terrace' last season to apologise for your behaviour at Pittoddrie last season and seek the forgiveness of those around you who may have wittnessed your antics.

IMO, having been home and away with both Hearts and Scotland, the vast majority of supporters I've seen (both Hearts and Scotland) are very well behaved with only a few individuals going over the score. If anything, the Scotland Fans are the better behaved.

As with what most people on here seem to say, the only consistantly badly behaved supporters are both the ugly sisters.

I'd add the Enger"diddums"land supporters to that list :jambobanana:

P.S we need a hand of god smilie :rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

Yep Maradonas goal still makes me laugh as i know that many a player would do the same but

I find it pretty sad that the scotland national team needs to use the "hand of god" as a promotional tool to get people to come to watch the team play Argentina ,the **** newsrags 5ft 5in maradona cut out signed by political opportunists and celebrity tartan army folk says more about our own nations than england to be honest .

I support my country,just think my country needs to mature ,going on about something that happened 22 years ago is as cringe worthy as 66 in all that. .

I don't support Scotland,TBH, it's because of the OF bias when I was younger, Still now if I'm honest...What made it worse was a Scotland fan in my local blaming ME, because Miko dived, told him to go **** himself me and the mates left before things got out of hand!! Nearly greetin he was, Ferkin Trumpet!!

Think I watched the game, asked why he wasn't so upset about O'Connor diving in the box trying to get a penalty..."Ach, knew you'd have some excuse for the wee Bassa's actions!!" :eek:

How could anyone support a team Captained by Bazza FergusHUN??:rolleyes:

Yet:

He'd have been a hero in Scotland if he'd done that dive and got a penalty against England, ironically.

Thig Ar Latha
I'd add the Enger"diddums"land supporters to that list :jambobanana:

P.S we need a hand of god smilie :rolleyes:

I beleive that the majority of England supporters are probably ok. I think you maybe refering to the section of the 'Huns' support who act like Nazi's and support England before Scotland and do anything to deny that anything good comes out of Scotland. They are the true 'Scottish Cringe' Its a pity that some in our support agree with them, and one or two even try to act like them.

I don't support Scotland,TBH, it's because of the OF bias when I was younger, Still now if I'm honest...What made it worse was a Scotland fan in my local blaming ME, because Miko dived, told him to go **** himself me and the mates left before things got out of hand!! Nearly greetin he was, Ferkin Trumpet!!

Think I watched the game, asked why he wasn't so upset about O'Connor diving in the box trying to get a penalty..."Ach, knew you'd have some excuse for the wee Bassa's actions!!" :eek:

How could anyone support a team Captained by Bazza FergusHUN??:rolleyes:

Remember it only too well big chap! Grade A tartan army plum. Wasn't even prepared to discuss O'Conner's dive or anything else for that matter.

Good to see wee Baz back in action tonight though eh? I mean to say surely everyone in Ecosse will be bursting with pride that the crab is making a come back? My erchie!!!!

Spot on!

Why Hearts fans criticise the Tartan Army is beyond me!

A trip with the Tartan Army is just as good as a trip abroad with the Hearts. It is even better when there are Hearts players involved!

One trip is to support your club.

One trip is to follow your country.

Both sets of fans have a small minority that cause problems. The OF have a MAJORITY that sing bile and cause problems that shame Scotland.

One other benefit of following Scotland is that you hardly ever meet any Celtic or Rangers fans.

Yep Maradonas goal still makes me laugh as i know that many a player would do the same but

I find it pretty sad that the scotland national team needs to use the "hand of god" as a promotional tool to get people to come to watch the team play Argentina ,the **** newsrags 5ft 5in maradona cut out signed by political opportunists and celebrity tartan army folk says more about our own nations than england to be honest .

I support my country,just think my country needs to mature ,going on about something that happened 22 years ago is as cringe worthy as 66 in all that. .

I laughed my ****** off at the time of "The hand of God" but the way the media have been going on about it has become OTT.

Scotlands relationship with Maradonna is starting to resemble hibs with Albert Kidd.

Francis Albert
He'd have been a hero in Scotland if he'd done that dive and got a penalty against England, ironically.

As of course was Joe Jordan for cheating to deny Wales a place in the World Cup Finals.

And of course both Maradona's and Jordan's cheating actually mattered whereas Miko's dive had and was always likely to have no consequence whatsover.

rudi must stay

Yet:

if he had cheated against England Miko would be a legend here as well

Played Golf today with a good mate who is English.He remains bitter about the incident like Butcher.Because of rivalry Scots fans chose to see Maradonas goal as wonderfully opportunistic. When Joe Jordan did the business we saw it as just that.One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.One mans cheat is another mans football hero or not, as Miko proved.

Kenny ******* Powers

To be honest i don't have a lot of time for the TA. This is a set of fans who choose to wear Argentina tops and carry Argentina fans to wind up english fans. Do these people not remember the falklands war. You would think a week after rememberance day they would.

Anyone see the Fat Joke Salmond signing a card congratulating Maradona on his goal...Could this Joke of a man make his xenophobic veiws on England any clearer?? :mad:

Dont really see the point of this thread tbh. ALL football fans are hypocrites when it comes to incidents involving players of their team as opposed to plaayers of other teams.

If a player from your team dives theres usually an excuse to be made - if an opponent does it hes a diving cheat. If your team scores an offside goal its 'borderline' if the opposition score its 'cheating linesman ' and a conspiracy. A bad tackle from your player is 'mistimed' an opponent is an animal. It's like Rangers fasns moaning about the Durrant tackle - what about Souness or Hurlock or Roberts etc. Fans will always castigate opponents and turn a blind eye to their own players.

Captain Lithuania

We won the game against Lithuania.. End of. Leave it out, some of the 'Tartan Army Loyal' are pathetic. If it was an OF player the footage wouldn't have been shown over and over, and it would have been a 'Stone-waller' from Fletcher.

To be honest i don't have a lot of time for the TA. This is a set of fans who choose to wear Argentina tops and carry Argentina fans to wind up english fans. Do these people not remember the falklands war. You would think a week after rememberance day they would.

I remember the Trinidad tops and Paraguay tops during the World Cup. No doubt there'll be some Germany tops worn this week too. Pathetic. The Argentina ones really **** me off though. Like you say after the Falklands war it is a ****ing disgrace. But hey its not hatred its supposedly just 'banter'. Do these same people buy tops of clubs that their rival team are playing against too? Sadly for me both teams can't lose tonight.

Anyone see the Fat Joke Salmond signing a card congratulating Maradona on his goal...Could this Joke of a man make his xenophobic veiws on England any clearer?? :mad:

:rolleyes: You do surprise me.

Jambo, Goodbye

I find it cringeworthy we regard him a hero for what he did against England.

I know a lot of us find it pathetic that Hibs fans name one of their greatest moments seeing a certain player for Dundee scoring 2 against us in 86'

Basically in both cases the event that took place had nothing to do with the team we/they actually support

Dont really see the point of this thread tbh. ALL football fans are hypocrites when it comes to incidents involving players of their team as opposed to plaayers of other teams.

If a player from your team dives theres usually an excuse to be made - if an opponent does it hes a diving cheat. If your team scores an offside goal its 'borderline' if the opposition score its 'cheating linesman ' and a conspiracy. A bad tackle from your player is 'mistimed' an opponent is an animal. It's like Rangers fasns moaning about the Durrant tackle - what about Souness or Hurlock or Roberts etc. Fans will always castigate opponents and turn a blind eye to their own players.

Thats how it is mate

Maradona became a legend in Scotland in 1979.

Those who saw him (think the crowd was over 70,000) knew they'd seen something quite remarkable. And DM was still only 18.

By the middle of the second half the crowd were chanting Ar-gen-ti-na, and at one point they cheered every Argentine touch and boo-ed when Scotland were on the ball.

I cannot imagine the equivalent ever happening at Wembley.

I don't doubt that the hand-of-god thing may have enhanced Maradona's profile in Scotland but, even if that had never happened, he would have got a good welcome today.

I don't know if he was better than Pele, but by a long way the best player I've seen, and that includes Cruyff, Best and Donald Ford.

Maradona became a legend in Scotland in 1979.

Those who saw him (think the crowd was over 70,000) knew they'd seen something quite remarkable. And DM was still only 18.

By the middle of the second half the crowd were chanting Ar-gen-ti-na, and at one point they cheered every Argentine touch and boo-ed when Scotland were on the ball.

I cannot imagine the equivalent ever happening at Wembley.

I don't doubt that the hand-of-god thing may have enhanced Maradona's profile in Scotland but, even if that had never happened, he would have got a good welcome today.

I don't know if he was better than Pele, but by a long way the best player I've seen, and that includes Cruyff, Best and Donald Ford.

What about Jamie Mole?

Miller Jambo 60

Who gives a monkies about what the Scotland fans thought about Mikos dive.

Just hope the wee man gets fit soon and plays like he did prior to his injury.

We will leave the diving to the old firm, as they have been doing it for years anyway.

:107years::107years::107years:

Totally agree with that! I was cringing yesterday when I saw the pictures in the papers of Salmond and others signing the card!! I mean come on, get a frecking life!!

I follow Scotland, I'm a member of the TA and I love the atmosphere at Hampden and going to the game with mates who support other teams. But all this Braveheart, Tartanism, Shortbread Biscuit mentality needs to stop!

I want Scotland to be a forward thinking modern nation, that can get back to the days when we were noticed worldwide for our inventions, industrial know how, etc. I hate seeing us fall into the stereotypes I have mentioned in the paragraph above this, and Blackenstein hit the nail on the head when he said it reflects worse on us than on others!

Guest S.U.S.S.
Totally agree with that! I was cringing yesterday when I saw the pictures in the papers of Salmond and others signing the card!! I mean come on, get a frecking life!!

I follow Scotland, I'm a member of the TA and I love the atmosphere at Hampden and going to the game with mates who support other teams. But all this Braveheart, Tartanism, Shortbread Biscuit mentality needs to stop!

I want Scotland to be a forward thinking modern nation, that can get back to the days when we were noticed worldwide for our inventions, industrial know how, etc. I hate seeing us fall into the stereotypes I have mentioned in the paragraph above this, and Blackenstein hit the nail on the head when he said it reflects worse on us than on others!

Just another example of Fat Al and the Xenophobe brigade at their best.

He dived in the box, cos he hates the jocks

Walking in a Miko wonderland!

A song that was booed in an Inverness boozer at the weekend.

Archived