Who is our club spokesman ?

Sydney from Sydney

Sydney from Sydney

Who is the voice of HMFC these days. Apart from Laszlo who can speak on team matters, there's no one around to shed light on our future as a club. Plonker is our chairman, (isn't he ?), but hasn't been seen in ages, so who does that leave with the authority to make public announcements and policy statements ? The speculation of the new stand and possible transfer targets for January should be clarified. I think the fans deserve this at the very least.

The club spokesperson is the PR woman called claire cowan I think

Doubt she will be saying much on any of the above though, dont expect to hear anything unless its a rant blaming someone else for their mistakes

When things started to go badly wrong for Hearts in 2007, the board stopped speaking to the fans through the matchday magazine.

Buffalo Bill

Who is the voice of HMFC these days. Apart from Laszlo who can speak on team matters, there's no one around to shed light on our future as a club. Plonker is our chairman, (isn't he ?), but hasn't been seen in ages, so who does that leave with the authority to make public announcements and policy statements ? The speculation of the new stand and possible transfer targets for January should be clarified. I think the fans deserve this at the very least.

Campbell Ogilvie is the Chief Executive.

What light do you want shed?

Policy statements are made to shareholders and contained in the Annual Report while other announcements are made on the official site if and when there is something worthwhile to report. As regards possible transfer targets it would be silly, even a breach of etiqette, to announce that we are after (say) Easton of Hamilton as that may unsettle the player and also alert other clubs like (say) Rangers and up goes the price we'd eventually have to pay.

As you think we are failing in this respect, can you let us know the names of the targets that other clubs have announced.

Claire Cowan is a media officer at Hearts - not a spokesperson.

I think Paul Kiddie (ex Evening News) may be invloved in this - he certainly was for a while.

Guest JamboRobbo

No he isn't. You are talking rubbish, as usual. Roman Romanov is Chairman, and Chief Executive.

marshallschunkychicken
No he isn't. You are talking rubbish, as usual. Roman Romanov is Chairman, and Chief Executive.

CO is Managing Director? Or did I make that up?

Well the club site says he is INTERIM Chief Executive and although CO is Managing Director there will be little difference in day to day business.

Guest JamboRobbo
Well the club site says he is INTERIM Chief Executive and although CO is Managing Director there will be little difference in day to day business.

look up the word interim on google, then get back to me if you still don't think Roman is chief executive of HMFC at the moment, as he has been since the departure of Foulkes and Anderton.

I take it what you are asking is who's job MIGHT it be to come out and clarify and or 'rubbish' media reports such as the Webster monies paid to Arbroath ?

Well I'm sorry but I have no idea :P

I reckon Campbell Ogilvie is widely regarded as the 'acceptable' face of HMFC but don't believe he's keen on being a front man.

However he must be living under a blanket if he isn't aware that most fans would take what he says as gospel

Then again ..........maybe that's why he simply refuses to come forward and waffle on when he knows it's either spin or absolute pash :eek:

Generic Username
The club website is updated all the time with up to date information.:rolleyes:

Honestly why's this bummer from scabbyvagina.net still allowed to roam around on here?

look up the word interim on google, then get back to me if you still don't think Roman is chief executive of HMFC at the moment, as he has been since the departure of Foulkes and Anderton.

I am fully aware what interim means but at best it is a side issue and can only take your infallible word for the above.

I don't wish to up my posts just yet to match yours so I shall let others get on to discuss the topic rather than semantics or minutia.

Couldn't agree more. Long gone are the days of the Great Waldo when the Evening News was our instrument of propaganda. Every day there was a positive story coming out of Tyney. When was the last time that happened? Surely in this day and age it is possible to find a puppet who can put a positive spin on the rubbish which seems to be happening daily.

Guest JamboRobbo
I am fully aware what interim means but at best it is a side issue and can only take your infallible word for the above.

I don't wish to up my posts just yet to match yours so I shall let others get on to discuss the topic rather than semantics or minutia.

And you reckon I don't like to admit I was wrong?

That ALMOST sounds like an admission you were wrong when you said Campbell Ogilvie was Chief Executive.

No need to take my word for it, it's on the Hearts website and I'm sure it'll be in the match programme also.

Who is the voice of HMFC these days. Apart from Laszlo who can speak on team matters, there's no one around to shed light on our future as a club.

Have we always had needy fans or is it a relatively new phenomenon?! I have no real desire to hear from anyone about the club. I just want to watch football.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

The sound of silence that eminates from Tynecastle currently is a lot better than the crazyness of not that long ago.

marshallschunkychicken
Have we always had needy fans or is it a relatively new phenomenon?! I have no real desire to hear from anyone about the club. I just want to watch football.

Good shout.

I can't remember us ever having shouted about who we're going to sign in the past either. That's always been something that the old firm has done unofficially to smooth the process.

The sound of silence that eminates from Tynecastle currently is a lot better than the crazyness of not that long ago.

Aye, No news is good news!!

Agreed, it wasn't that long ago that fans were wishing that "Hearts" would stop talking to the media, but there are a lot with short (and selective ?) memories.

Maroon Mayhem

Romanov is bored of us because he's slashed that much money up the wall on us with no success it's now a millstone round his neck. (Just as bored as we are going by recent crowds).

He pulled Rodney months/a year ago and I feel he doesn't trust ANYONE to speak on his behalf.

If he screws up badly the bird with the Lith/Scottish double barreled name will attempt to bail him out in her own Comical Ali stylee.

Apart from that expect the silence to continue.

Sydney from Sydney

Mate if you don't think there's an aura of mystery that surrounds our club then you must be the only one. Even the shareholders' meetings tend to be veiled in allegory to put it mildly. As one KBer said on this site, we haven't had a club spokesman since Anderton.

Mate if you don't think there's an aura of mystery that surrounds our club then you must be the only one. Even the shareholders' meetings tend to be veiled in allegory to put it mildly. As one KBer said on this site' date=' we haven't had a club spokesman since Anderton.[/quote']

There's an aura of mystery surrounding many businesses and I am the not the only one, so you can drop the cheap psyche. I'll ask again, what is it you want to know that is generally available to other clubs' supporters?

You say the shareholders' meeting is veiled in allegory. Have you been to one and if you have why didn't you ask the pertinent questions? In fact, are you even a shareholder?

Guest JamboRobbo

There's an aura of mystery surrounding many businesses and I am the not the only one' date=' so you can drop the cheap psyche. I'll ask again, what is it you want to know that is generally available to other clubs' supporters?

You say the shareholders' meeting is veiled in allegory. Have you been to one and if you have why didn't you ask the pertinent questions? In fact, are you even a shareholder?[/quote']

Pertinent questions? At the AGM? Such as why is there a 3.85M payment for buying players during a period when we didn't sign anyone. Answer from the Chairman to the shareholders - I don't know and it's none of your business anyway.

Pertinent questions? At the AGM? Such as why is there a 3.85M payment for buying players during a period when we didn't sign anyone. Answer from the Chairman to the shareholders - I don't know and it's none of your business anyway.

Are you stalking me?:)

I could answer you but without doubt it would lead to a whole new debate and I cannot be arsed playing children's games with you today.

C'mon the Hearts!

Romanov is bored of us because he's slashed that much money up the wall on us with no success it's now a millstone round his neck. (Just as bored as we are going by recent crowds).

He pulled Rodney months/a year ago and I feel he doesn't trust ANYONE to speak on his behalf.

If he screws up badly the bird with the Lith/Scottish double barreled name will attempt to bail him out in her own Comical Ali stylee.

Apart from that expect the silence to continue.

Nothing whatsoever to do with club PR ..........but she can bail me out any time she wants..........in any style of her pleasing :cool:

Hmm have I got the wrong Scot / Lith there :-(

Archived