Josh McQuaide

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Anyone see this lad in the U21 game last night? head and shoulders above anyone on the park. Great pace, movement, awareness and vision. Also scored 2 goals. Gave the young laddie Duff a right roasting. Couldn't believe that the young Irish striker plays with Bournemouth!! If I was Hearts I would be enquiring about him right now:)

With pace like that he'll probably be getting a lot of offers. A few of them looked good I thought and not too much promise from us. Caddis and Murphy showed a bit of promise and Gray (aftera positional switch) and Easton looked OK.

Anyone see this lad in the U21 game last night? head and shoulders above anyone on the park. Great pace, movement, awareness and vision. Also scored 2 goals. Gave the young laddie Duff a right roasting. Couldn't believe that the young Irish striker plays with Bournemouth!! If I was Hearts I would be enquiring about him right now:)

I think Bournemouth are near the bottom of league 2, still on negative points after being deducted 17 in pre-season. It may not take too much dosh to secure a player such as McQuaide.

We_are_the_Hearts
I think Bournemouth are near the bottom of league 2, still on negative points after being deducted 17 in pre-season. It may not take too much dosh to secure a player such as McQuaide.

Would be well worth a punt. Was shocked to read this morning that he wasn't on loan from a Premiership team. Far superior to any young Scottish striker I have seen for a while.

http://www.afcb.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10324~39344,00.html

He's a midfielder according to this

And I wouldnt take much from it tbh, the scotland u21's dont look upto much with a few exceptions, and most of the starlets are overage

Wouldnt say no to Easton and McArthur of hamilton or Arfield but the rest arent anything special

We_are_the_Hearts
I'm not kidding, i'd rather we keep the door open for glen, templeton, r.wallace & the rest.

They have all shown glimpses of having parts to their game but the lad last night showed all the necessary requirements. Very impressed and will monitor his progress. We should always be looking to poach other young players, we can't be stubborn and believe our homegrown are better.

They have all shown glimpses of having parts to their game but the lad last night showed all the necessary requirements. Very impressed and will monitor his progress. We should always be looking to poach other young players, we can't be stubborn and believe our homegrown are better.

It was 1 game

If he is so great do you really think he would have played hardly any games for bournemouth?

All clubs have a very good coaching network in NI and I reckon if he was remotely as good on a regular basis as he was last night he would not be at bournemouth

Charlie-Brown

I've no idea how good this irish kid is but we have our own players we've invested time & money in & they show promise, they deserve their chance in my book.

We_are_the_Hearts
It was 1 game

If he is so great do you really think he would have played hardly any games for bournemouth?

All clubs have a very good coaching network in NI and I reckon if he was remotely as good on a regular basis as he was last night he would not be at bournemouth

Time will tell but you have to trust your own judgement. Anyone who knows me will know I can be a critic and don't chuck out praise for the sake of it.

We_are_the_Hearts
I've no idea how good this irish kid is but we have our own players we've invested time & money in & they show promise, they deserve their chance in my book.

Bet you Arsenal fans don't feel the same and are glad Wenger nicked Fabregas from Barca! I agree we need to watch the pennies but if an opportunity arises we should look at it and not focus all our attention on our homegrowns.

Generic Username

Surely you're not against the idea of adding another talented youngster to the pool we currently have?

Think that's what everyone is banging on about here, getting him in and progressing him (or any promising youngster for that matter) and not just buying him and firing him into the starting 11 off the bat.

Charlie-Brown

I would imagine john murray is as aware of northern irish young players as anyone, we've already had several at Hearts.

jamboinglasgow
Bet you Arsenal fans don't feel the same and are glad Wenger nicked Fabregas from Barca! I agree we need to watch the pennies but if an opportunity arises we should look at it and not focus all our attention on our homegrowns.

I would say that Hearts already do that. Bringing in Rapnik, the two McGowens, Visconte, Wagner, Adam, Novikovas, Copil, Branny and we do have irish lads in Coll, Kelly, Mulrooney etc So we do have people from other countries who we consider can do a job as we brought them in. However in terms of striking, the people Charlie have the potential to be great players so I think we need patientice.

Archived