Calling IT experts - HELP!!

TheBigO

Hey, i wonder if someone who is IT-savvy can help me please...????

Each time i plug in a USB i get a message 'USB device not recognised'

This happens with my ipod and my printer which up until a couple of weeks ago worked fine.

I've tried googling the problem and nothing has worked (following the tips on this site for example... http://www.hat.net/geeky/node/221)

When I delete the unknown devices, they just reinstall as unknown.

Im awful with PCs!!! Any help or advice would be very very appreciated - im going radge without adding new tunes to my ipod and would prefer not to have to pay some erse to fix something if i can do it myself!!

Oh, im on vista and have a Packard Bell laptop if that matters???

Can you try them on other PC's?? The option might be harsh, and a reinstall of Windows might be the answer....although I'm sure there may be an easier action.

Oh yeah....Vista's crap :D

Insane as it may sound as you are using a laptop you should take the battery out and run it purely off the mains power for a while. By doing this I "cured" the described problem with my wife's laptop.

The assumptions I am making here are:-

the devices work perfevtly well in other machines

you haven't introduced liquids into your cistern sorry system:p

If that fails try psychological warfare with your machine ;-

Think really hard "WORK or DIE EVIL NEMESIS" whilst holding it out at arms length. try the things again if still no joy it is amazing what a disappointment to you to find out you have "butterfingers" when next lifting the thing up

Care there are probably dire consequences of doing this but it may well cure your bad karma

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

This has happened to me before. It's annoying - took me ages to get it fixed. I think the problem is your computer isn't recognising USB devices.

This has happened to me before. It's annoying - took me ages to get it fixed. I think the problem is your computer isn't recognising USB devices.

I've got this atm aswell but i don't use usb much anyway, there must be on slot on your computer that works. either that or take it too a net cafe and put your stuff onto cd.

Archived