Pride & Privelege Glenalmond School BBC2

heartgarfunkel

heartgarfunkel

Bring on the revolution - class war now!;)

Got to laugh at these nasty snobs. State schools ya bas, a real education.:cheese:

Strip the chancing barstewards of their charitable status now.:rolleyes:

Patrick Bateman

Anyone see that lass Tasmin? The one who said she wanted to marry someone rich, move onto an estate then divorce them "Because my mum got divorced and she's much better off without dad" - She also wanted to be a teen model "intead of studying English at Oxford" - Warped, warped child. Oh, or those Rugger types who clearly pinned all their dreams on some inconsequential Rugby matches because they're conditioned into thinking it's important. Every second pupil seemed to have been expelled from their last school, it's all very odd. Still, creased myself at the naive London couple who clearly underestimated the difficulty of adapting into a small, rural community.

I shall watch this when its up on Iplayer.

Have to say though, I know quite a few Glenalmond sorts up here and they are all pretty decent chaps.

I would not for a second think that they have their fair share of ****s at the school....but doesnt every school?

In my first year at university I lived with five other students, three of whom had been at boarding school.

The bloke from Glenalmond was by far the most well adjusted and down to earth of the three of them. Thoroughly decent guy and a good laugh to boot.

The other two had been at Oundle... one was fine, the other, while easy enough to get on with on a day to day basis, had the most overwhelming sense of privilege of anyone I've ever met. He knew he'd be fine, no matter what happened.

He got a third. Bumped into him a couple of years later and surprise surprise, his Dad had wangled him an off-graduate scheme job in the city. Wouldn't bother me if he gets an ulcer tbh.

I'll watch this on iplayer later on before rushing to any judgements.

In my first year at university I lived with five other students, three of whom had been at boarding school.

The bloke from Glenalmond was by far the most well adjusted and down to earth of the three of them. Thoroughly decent guy and a good laugh to boot.

The other two had been at Oundle... one was fine, the other, while easy enough to get on with on a day to day basis, had the most overwhelming sense of privilege of anyone I've ever met. He knew he'd be fine, no matter what happened.

He got a third. Bumped into him a couple of years later and surprise surprise, his Dad had wangled him an off-graduate scheme job in the city. Wouldn't bother me if he gets an ulcer tbh.

I'll watch this on iplayer later on before rushing to any judgements.

Very lucid post, mate. It's the ones with a sense of entitlement that grate. None of us have the right to expect any favours in life, wherever or whatever background we come from.

"If" ... great film..

(Edit - sorry - this is the scene I was looking for ... er, even if it seems to be an Italian language dub-job)

Anyone see that lass Tasmin? The one who said she wanted to marry someone rich, move onto an estate then divorce them "Because my mum got divorced and she's much better off without dad" - She also wanted to be a teen model "intead of studying English at Oxford" - Warped, warped child. Oh, or those Rugger types who clearly pinned all their dreams on some inconsequential Rugby matches because they're conditioned into thinking it's important. Every second pupil seemed to have been expelled from their last school, it's all very odd. Still, creased myself at the naive London couple who clearly underestimated the difficulty of adapting into a small, rural community.

I had the misfortiune to get this bit while channel hopping, she is the reason there is birth control and abortion, "Mummy is so much happier and better off on her own", that was enough, I almost pewked.

Did any one else think the lass that wanted to be a model was a tad on the chubby side? (being conservative here)

I personally did not think she was good looking enough to be a 'teen model'

But when you mum and dad have enough money to get you a portfolio made etc then you are going to think you have the potential.

Did any one else think the lass that wanted to be a model was a tad on the chubby side? (being conservative here)

Stores venison in her bathroom, as Tony of Plymouth once said....

Heaven forbid a parent with money paying for there child to have a better education!! Jesus whatever next wanting your child to be happy??

Heaven forbid a parent with money paying for there child to have a better education!! Jesus whatever next wanting your child to be happy??

Seemed like that came 2nd to one of the kids parents...

Seemed like that came 2nd to one of the kids parents...

Which child's parents are you refering to?

Bring on the revolution - class war now!;)

Got to laugh at these nasty snobs. State schools ya bas, a real education.:cheese:

Strip the chancing barstewards of their charitable status now.:rolleyes:

Like teaching the kids how to shoot their history teacher? :eek::rolleyes:

Archived