Csaba talks of playing 2 up front (Tullberg on way back)

Say What Again

Say What Again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7736407.stm

This part is the most interesting for me:

Laszlo, who has seen his side climb up to third in the SPL, is excited at the prospect of pairing Tullberg with Christian Nade in a two-pronged attack.

"We have not seen him together with Christian Nade, because they have not been both fit at the same time," he added.

"However, this is something we will consider," said Laszlo

Hopefully the guy can get himself (and keep himself) fit. At least it gives us options.

:cool:

Guest Morocco Mole

not seen tullberg play yet( was working the killie game) so dont really know how good he is. hopefully though nade and tullberg will make a good partnership.

Agreed. Any option which means we don't play 4-5-1 at home would do me. Being brought up on Hearts teams going for the win home or away it is a travesty that we have played one up front at home this season, especially as Mole is clearly not ready for the role. Hopefully Tullberg can get a decent run of games and score a few, consolidating 3rd place at the same time.

'Mon the Hearts.

I still think the 4-5-1 away from home and against the infirm is a good idea.

The rest of the time 4-4-2

Lets hope csaba gets it right

Say What Again

I'd agree with that as well Rents. I don't have a problem with 4-5-1 against the OF and away from home - provided we DO have the option of changing it.

I don't think we should be playing it at home to ICT, Hamilton, St Mirren etc

You are right, horses for courses should be the aim.

portobellojambo1

would agree that there are some fixtures in which playing 4-5-1 has benefitted us, when we have played the formation well. But for the vast majority of the games at Tynecastle, and in certain fixtures away from home, we need to try and play with a little bit more adventure, kill games oof we can, an extra attacker should help that, although my choice of twin strikers would not be Tullberg and Nade, too similar for me.

Personally I would only consider 4-5-1 away from home against the OF depending on their current form and circumstances (e.g. straight after a midweek European game I wouldn't, also if we were playing 4-4-2 confidently and scoring a barrel-load) and play 4-4-2 in every other game, i.e. Never at home

4-1-4-1 or 4-4-1-1 against 4-4-2 is always going to involve weighing up the positives and negatives of each system. it's all very well to pine for a return to playing 2 up front with the benefits that should entail (more chances created etc), but it could have it's own problems in that we might not be able to retain the ball like we have done for long spells and it might also be that our defence comes under a great deal more pressure without the tremendous contribution of karipidis.

personally i'm not placing too much faith in tullberg at this stage because he looked ordinary in his home debut and has proved to be somewhat injury prone. what happens if csaba changes the whole shape of our play to work around tullberg and he disappears injured again?

for now i would persist with the tried and tested shape(s) we have employed thus far, albeit with the introduction of one gary glen, either playing behind nade or utilised in a wide role. for me karipidis has done a great job and it might be suicidal to change the whole system when it appears to paying dividends in terms of us being extremely difficult to break down.

why tamper with things when we have only just returned to something like a winning team?

If csaba starts playing 2 upfront then sorry but i'll be saying... why didn't he do it months ago? how does it take the guy this long to realise his formation is a nonsense?

scott herbertson
If csaba starts playing 2 upfront then sorry but i'll be saying... why didn't he do it months ago? how does it take the guy this long to realise his formation is a nonsense?

So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't?

If he starts playing 4-4-2 and our lightweight midfield gets over-run, as they will, would you say he was right all along.

The fact is that we havent enough craft, strength and guile in midfield to get away with playing 4, and we havent got 2 decent strikers to justify playing 2.

I suspects Csaba knows this and he wont be playing 4-4-2 until both items are addressed.

If he starts playing 4-4-2 and our lightweight midfield gets over-run, as they will, would you say he was right all along.

The fact is that we havent enough craft, strength and guile in midfield to get away with playing 4, and we havent got 2 decent strikers to justify playing 2.

I suspects Csaba knows this and he wont be playing 4-4-2 until both items are addressed.

Wise words. Finally someone with sense. Could you please educate the masses or just post a little bit more often? :)

Think he'd just play the same system anyway with Nade in the Bruno role and perhaps Bruno taking Stewart's place.

That wouldn't be a bad thing though.

Thank You.

Only area I'd question your post is that 'Vlad' knows this etc etc (can't be ersed looking for sarcasm smiley, tho some would probably make a serious point of this...).

Whilst I'm here, as the current squad is gash it does not really matter what the formation is, in the eyes of most we would be crap regardless. Let us enjoy the mediocrity that has us 3rd......as we used to do......

Charlie-Brown

They both played at the same time (briefly) away at Tannadice albeit the game was already lost but we played 4-4-1-1 with Tullberg in behind Nade up front.

:bravo::bravo:

Not 100% convinced that 4-4-1-1 is Csaba's formation.

When we played Dunfermilne in pre-season he said that he always preferred 4-4-2 and we havn't played it since. We played 4-4-1-1 in the 1st half that game and he said he hated it!

4-4-1-1 is the formation preferred by Chervenkova and Korobocha so wouldn't hold my breath on the 4-4-2

Seems like Csaba is wanting to play 4-4-2 but cant as we only have 1 fit (well I say fit) striker in Nade, and the rest are garbage. So instead of playing a gash striker he uses an extra midfielder (a strong area of our squad). Why not play a youth? Glen? Templeton? Personally I dont think its the right time to bring inexperienced youths in when we arent in a clear, stable position an extremely tight league. I do think though, that the 4-4-1-1 works well away from home, but at home we need 2 strikers! Kinda makes sense and hope it is the case, striker a number one priority in january though!

Seems like Csaba is wanting to play 4-4-2 but cant as we only have 1 fit (well I say fit) striker in Nade, and the rest are garbage. So instead of playing a gash striker he uses an extra midfielder (a strong area of our squad). Why not play a youth? Glen? Templeton? Personally I dont think its the right time to bring inexperienced youths in when we arent in a clear, stable position an extremely tight league. I do think though, that the 4-4-1-1 works well away from home, but at home we need 2 strikers! Kinda makes sense and hope it is the case, striker a number one priority in january though!

Remember, we played 4-4-2 against Killie at home, and lost.

Guest JamboRobbo
Remember, we played 4-4-2 against Killie at home, and lost.

but to be fair, one of the "2" was Mole, so it was effectively 4-4-1.

What's the 4 in midfield then?

Left wing - Driver has the place sown up unless he's injured

Right wing - anyone who plays there fit at the moment?

Centre mid - Bruno & who? Stewart is suspended. Egg in there with Robbie at RB? Ruben? Karapidis?

It's worth the risk if it means we might get more than about 2 shots on target per game. We haven't scored 2 goals in a single match since 30th August.

It's worth the risk if it means we might get more than about 2 shots on target per game. We haven't scored 2 goals in a single match since 30th August.

Yes it is worth the risk if it means..................Unfortunately it doesnt mean

Archived