Shaggy on Off the Ball last Saturday

CostaJambo

Just listened back to last Saturday's Off the Ball where Shaggy was on for a wee while. He reckons that by the time he took over Vlad had basically given up on the season and that he was only contacted once to find out who was playing and why.

I wonder if the credit crunch has had any effect on Vlad's input this season if what Shaggy says is true? Shabba's recent comments on Miko's injury and the way he stressed getting Miko back for first team selection a.s.a.p. would suggests that he is very much under pressure to play him.

"Now we know for sure what the problem is, we'll work very hard to get him ready for first-team action once more."

I wonder if it's because Miko has been one of our best players this year, and because we don't have any other decent options at right wing.

:rolleyes:

Stevie Fail is a bitter wee man.

His opinion doesn't count.

To be fair he didn't come over as bitter at all, still has a lot of time for the fans and was at Haymarket last Sunday. If he was, surely he would not have downplayed Vlad's influence in team selection as he did?

loveofthegame

I don't think Csaba will be under any pressure to play a player who is genuinely injured. Whether Vlad wants Miko in his team or not is irrelevant as Csaba is not a faith-healer. Muscle tears take time and theres **** all Csaba can do to speed up the process.

Perhaps Csaba just wants him back as when Kingston and Chesney(chocolate) are also out he is forced to play RN at right wing?! I want Miko back asap aswell if thats the only other available option.

The People's Chimp

That's complete rubbish. He'd almost be justified if he was though, reading stuff like that.

Just listened back to last Saturday's Off the Ball where Shaggy was on for a wee while. He reckons that by the time he took over Vlad had basically given up on the season and that he was only contacted once to find out who was playing and why.

I wonder if the credit crunch has had any effect on Vlad's input this season if what Shaggy says is true? Shabba's recent comments on Miko's injury and the way he stressed getting Miko back for first team selection a.s.a.p. would suggests that he is very much under pressure to play him.

"Now we know for sure what the problem is, we'll work very hard to get him ready for first-team action once more."

That seems to conflict with a general belief that Vlad was picking the team!

Absolute rubbish.

And on what do you base your opinion, because he went on "off the Ball" 6mths after he lost his job.

To be fair he didn't come over as bitter at all, still has a lot of time for the fans and was at Haymarket last Sunday. If he was, surely he would not have downplayed Vlad's influence in team selection as he did?

Is that right? If so then a lot of people should hang their heads in shame for what they've said about about this guy.

Not the best coach we have ever had - he was thrust in at the wrong time - but too many on here have doubted his commitment to the club.

rudi must stay

he's a bitter wee man that used to be Hearts manager though which makes all the difference to the media

Is that right? If so then a lot of people should hang their heads in shame for what they've said about about this guy.

Not the best coach we have ever had - he was thrust in at the wrong time - but too many on here have doubted his commitment to the club.

I think a lot of things were said in anger last year because of the way the season turned out. Personally, I always felt a real sense of injustice at the way he was treated. The real problem for him was the interference he had to put up with from the other "members of the committee".

His commitment to the club was never really in question in most peoples eyes.

Interesting to hear his comments on Vlad though - it more or less confirms my suspicions that Korabochup and Angel are the real culprits as far as interference is concerned. All be it that this is obviously officially sanctioned by VR. I've no doubt that this is still going on - though maybe not to that same level that Stevie Frail had to put up with

Susie-Jambo-66

Frail just becomes another name to join the long list of people Hearts have treated

in a unprofessional manner.

But that is part of Hearts history now and we move on.

MacDonald Jardine

Just to be clear then, from spending all last season moaning that we didn't have a proper manager, just a puppet who was told what to do, we're now going to moan that Vlad wasn't involved enough last year?

alwaysthereinspirit
I wonder if it's because Miko has been one of our best players this year, and because we don't have any other decent options at right wing.

I'm with you on this.

I'm now as anti Mad as the next guy but getting one of our better players back ASAP makes sense to me.

Guest juvehearts
I don't think Csaba will be under any pressure to play a player who is genuinely injured. Whether Vlad wants Miko in his team or not is irrelevant as Csaba is not a faith-healer. Muscle tears take time and theres **** all Csaba can do to speed up the process.

Perhaps Csaba just wants him back as when Kingston and Chesney(chocolate) are also out he is forced to play RN at right wing?! I want Miko back asap aswell if thats the only other available option.

Rima will be back with her stick

Considering Miko had to make due with a place on the bench when both Kingston and Driver were fit I doubt this is the case.

And your opinion is worth what exactly?

At least nobody ever accuses Hearts of having the best fans in the world.

Malcolm Tucker

Nah don't be silly.

iiTZ COZ MiiKO iiS VALD'S LUVCHiiLD LOLOL.

:P

:laugh:

A lot less so than you, it would seem.

Cesnauskis is 10x times the player mikoliunas is , after all miko likes a good plunge every now and then.

Cesnauskis is 10x times the player mikoliunas is , after all miko likes a good plunge every now and then.

Hey, jamborory, what's the problem with a good plunge every so often;)?

Hey, jamborory, what's the problem with a good plunge every so often;)?

haha, i meant a dive every so often, if he wants to do that the closest swimming pool to tynie is dalry baths i'm sure i can get him a diving instructor arranged.

Let me guess.

You read the Record.

;)

Cesnauskis is 10x times the player mikoliunas is ,

Up to a point. On his day he is one of the best wingers Hearts have had in the past 40 years (though he's no JC).

It's just that for every good game you get out of Davidas you get quite a few average ones, and then he gets injured. It's a great pity.

Whereas Miko has become more consistent, and has been one of our best performers this year.

Overall, Miko has contributed more to Hearts than DC has.

Guest juvehearts
So Frail is a liar?

Youre trying to tell me that frail only spoke to vlad once when he was manager of hearts?

comon?

Bollocks.

He's never given any sign of bitterness that I've seen and was at Haymarket last Sunday, quietly paying his respects.

I never thought much of him as manager, but he's conducted himself well since he left the club.

Let me guess.

You read the Record.

;)

No i don't i watch them( the players ) train every so often, even tho cesny is mostly injured he's a better player. u can see why miko is hated, and yet he only gets picked because vlad :)

No i don't i watch them( the players ) train every so often, even tho cesny is mostly injured he's a better player. u can see why miko is hated, and yet he only gets picked because vlad :)

Chesney is probably a more gifted player but Miko scores more goals, isnt as injured and is a trier.

Id suggest that you jump in your tardis from 2007 when Miko WAS hated and join us now in 2008 where his league form has been pretty good. Which is the reason he is NOW in the team.

People doubt what Frail is saying now are they? Strange that as kickback basically had the man down as a liar when he was caretaker boss/Vlad's puppet. With the credit crunch on are we still thinking that Vlad spends all week getting info about Hearts players rather than trying to make sure he doesn't go bust??

Heard a bit of Sportsound last night and they were discussing Hampden only being half full tonight. Allan Preston was on and managed to get a right good dig in about Hearts selling out Murrayfield for the Barcelona game, yet a year later Hibs could only flog 20,000 - they're blaming the credit crunch for that as well now by the way

Johanes de Silentio

Yup - I heard Shaggy on OTB at the weekend anaw - he didnae sound bitter, and was very complimentary about Hearts fans.

I've also wondered for a while whether Vlad has a cash flow problem - whae disnae?

Frail just becomes another name to join the long list of people Hearts have treated

in a unprofessional manner.

But that is part of Hearts history now and we move on.

How was he treated unprofessionally?

So Frail is a liar?

Call him what you what, but from what I know one of the more positive aspects of Frail being in charge was that he handled explaining his decisions to Romanov so much easier than any previous manager. He wasn't fazed by this unlike others, especially Ivanauskas who used to worry sick before speaking to VR, and I know this information wouldn't come off the back of ONE phone call.

Seymour M Hersh
]Call him what you what[/b'], but from what I know one of the more positive aspects of Frail being in charge was that he handled explaining his decisions to Romanov so much easier than any previous manager. He wasn't fazed by this unlike others, especially Ivanauskas who used to worry sick before speaking to VR, and I know this information wouldn't come off the back of ONE phone call.

I'm not the one accusing him. Do you think he lied on the radio show? If so why? Surely if he has an axe to grind now, after he has left on an agreed package, would be the time to spill the beans.

I'm not the one accusing him. Do you think he lied on the radio show? If so why? Surely if he has an axe to grind now, after he has left on an agreed package, would be the time to spill the beans.

I think he lied, or at the very least exaggerated.

I have no idea why, I was just passing on the info that I know.

I am passing on info relayed to myself, I haven't personally saw Frail on the phone to Romanov on at least two occasions, so therefore I cannot have complete 100% faith in my own information.

However this is a source that I trust - and it's not my uncle boab's pal's neighbour's cat groomer.

You're insane - Cesny is a waste of space, good at dribbling across the pitch,can't score, creates very little and is made from glass.

Get rid. Now.

Nelly Terraces
You're insane - Cesny is a waste of space, good at dribbling across the pitch,can't score, creates very little and is made from glass.

Get rid. Now.

Indeed. Total waste of wages.

Nelly Terraces
Bit rich coming from you. Or me, for that matter.

:P

The way things are going in your sector of the economy, you'll be lucky to have a wage soon mate. :(

Still OK for yer Bruvs 'other' ST this weekend?

I think he lied, or at the very least exaggerated.

I have no idea why, I was just passing on the info that I know.

I am passing on info relayed to myself, I haven't personally saw Frail on the phone to Romanov on at least two occasions, so therefore I cannot have complete 100% faith in my own information.

Astounding! Frail is a liar. You're informer heard the conversations between Frail and Romanov and told you.

They could have spoke at length on occasion about other things related to the job of manager. Results, injuries and the form of players, stuff like that?

The People's Chimp
People doubt what Frail is saying now are they? Strange that as kickback basically had the man down as a liar when he was caretaker boss/Vlad's puppet. With the credit crunch on are we still thinking that Vlad spends all week getting info about Hearts players rather than trying to make sure he doesn't go bust??

Heard a bit of Sportsound last night and they were discussing Hampden only being half full tonight. Allan Preston was on and managed to get a right good dig in about Hearts selling out Murrayfield for the Barcelona game, yet a year later Hibs could only flog 20,000 - they're blaming the credit crunch for that as well now by the way

They pulled that particular rabbit out the hat at the time, along with, of course, the release of the new batman film coinciding with their total pumping...sorry, half assed attempt at a glamour friendly.

I am not sure what I find funnier - the inference of the original post, or the above sentence.

He reckons that by the time he took over Vlad had basically given up on the season and that he was only contacted once to find out who was playing and why.

one of the more positive aspects of Frail being in charge was that he handled explaining his decisions to Romanov so much easier than any previous manager.

Is it possible that both views are right, that Vald only called him once to justify a team BEFORE a game with a view to interefering with the selection. Whereas Romanov still showed enough of an interest to speak to him AFTER the game to discuss how the game had gone?

Either way something to back up this season's appearance of little interference has to be good news surely.

Is it possible that both views are right, that Vald only called him once to justify a team BEFORE a game with a view to interefering with the selection. Whereas Romanov still showed enough of an interest to speak to him AFTER the game to discuss how the game had gone?

Either way something to back up this season's appearance of little interference has to be good news surely.

I'd say that was a very sensible way of looking at it.

Anyway, why is everyone getting their knickers in a twist? I thought JKB branded Frail a liar when he said he picked the team but then there was proof (or JKB proof - meaning a Zaliukas played or something) that Romanov was picking the team. ;)

Astounding! Frail is a liar. You're informer heard the conversations between Frail and Romanov and told you.

Not sure what you're getting at here.

My informer? This ain't a spy movie mate. :eek:

Archived