Butcher Bitter and Has A Sly Did At Us Scots As Well.

MackaysCentreSpot

MackaysCentreSpot

Stated on forth one website that when he got back from the Mexico world Cup in 86' and joined Rangers from Ispwich their were more Argentina tops being worn in Scotland than there was in Mexico.

Thats how much Argentina are held in high regard in Scotland.

You have to listen to the video clip to get the above statement.

http://www.forthone.com/Article.asp?id=990407&spid=25214

PresidentRomanov

Scotland supporters going on about Maradona shafting England, are on a par with Hibbies going on about Albert Kidd.

Its probably true

Its all part and parcel of football

We do something to annoy them deliberatly, it suceeds, they moan about it, then do something similar back and we moan about it.

Wouldnt be my first pick for anything to do with hearts or scotland but dont see whats wrong with his comments. Its the truth after all.

Drylaw Hearts
Scotland supporters going on about Maradona shafting England, are on a par with Hibbies going on about Albert Kidd.

It's called banter PB.

I love Kjell Ollofson like he's family but he isn't and he's never played for Hearts either but my god I do enjoy hearing his name.

PresidentRomanov
It's called banter PB.

I love Kjell Ollofson like he's family but he isn't and he's never played for Hearts either but my god I do enjoy hearing his name.

Good point, but he's not my favourite all time player, unlike Albert for most Hibbies, and Maradona for some Scotland fans.

MackaysCentreSpot
Its probably true

Its all part and parcel of football

We do something to annoy them deliberatly, it suceeds, they moan about it, then do something similar back and we moan about it.

Wouldnt be my first pick for anything to do with hearts or scotland but dont see whats wrong with his comments. Its the truth after all.

I think what is wrong with his comments is that at this moment in time he is the Ass Coach of the Scotland International Football Team.

I think what is wrong with his comments is that at this moment in time he is the Ass Coach of the Scotland International Football Team.

Yeah but he could hardly have avoided the question though, personally i have alot more respect for him saying what he said rather than telling us porkys.

MackaysCentreSpot
Yeah but he could hardly have avoided the question though, personally i have alot more respect for him saying what he said rather than telling us porkys.

He gave this statement freely as no one asked him about how many people in Scotland were wearing Argentina tops when he signed for Rangers.

He'll be spot on though. I remember going on holiday the day Brazil put England out the World Cup and when Ronadinho lobbed Seaman the airport errupted. An English chap about 5 feet away from me politely said to his wife, "Who knew there were so many Brazilians in Glasgow?"

He gave this statement freely as no one asked him about how many people in Scotland were wearing Argentina tops when he signed for Rangers.

Yeah and whats wrong with pointing out that he knows the Scots love Maradona for what happened and that he cannot and will not allow his own personal feelings interfere with his job?

Geez if he had said "yeah i love Maradona for what he did" then im sure everyone would know he was lying:eek:

Terry Butcher should have nothing to do with our national team.

Totally agree, have heard him slagging off Scottish football in the past. Ironically it was while he was summarising for Radio 5 Live on the England game when they were humiliated by Northern Ireland about 4 years ago!

Spitonastranger

what i find funny is a central defender who probably cheated forwards of scoring goals thinks its ok to moan abpout someone cheating him, he also played for one half of the biggest cheats in scotland;)

Guest juvehearts

GIRFU TB & engurlund.

love his press conferance, england won a world cup with a goal that never crossed the line.

scotland vs england has start comparision's between hearts & hibs,

we know theyre better than us but love to get one over on them with maradona.

thing is that maradona is world class albert kidd is nae class.

Carl Weathers

Which game are you watching tomorrow night?

;)

ChemicalJambo

Agree to a point, we like Maradona but the hibbies idolise Albert Kidd. They seem to see him as their greatest achievement in the last 25 years.

Personally I go on about Hearts successes rather than any other teams downfall, but then you have to have success in the first place :)

You have to laugh. Only 25000 tartan army footsoldiers will be there.

We would have more than that if we played Argentina at Murrayfield.

Carl Weathers
You have to laugh. Only 25000 tartan army footsoldiers will be there.

We would have more than that if we played Argentina at Murrayfield.

Yes, hilarious...

:sad:

Its really sad that this games has this Butchergate attached to it.

Can understand his hurt, but all that should be put to one side tomorrow as he is representing Scotland - not representing Terry Butcher's hurt from 1986.

Just watched Maradonna's press on the BBC site, the man is quality.

Preston Jambo

The most annoying thing about the English going on about Maradonna?s hand ball is that some of them have convinced themselves that it prevented them winning the World Cup that year.

They also conveniently forget about the Euro qualifying game against Poland a few years later where Paul Scholes clearly put the ball in the goals with his hand.

After the game the manager Kevin Keegan said more or less that it?s just one of those things and if you can get away with it then good luck to the lad.

Paul Scholes for me was one of those honking players who managed to make it at a big club despite his lack of talent.

No way?

Paul Scholes in his prime was one of the worlds best. IMO.

He'll be spot on though. I remember going on holiday the day Brazil put England out the World Cup and when Ronadinho lobbed Seaman the airport errupted. An English chap about 5 feet away from me politely said to his wife, "Who knew there were so many Brazilians in Glasgow?"

:omg_2:

Sorry.

Carl Weathers
Paul Scholes for me was one of those honking players who managed to make it at a big club despite his lack of talent.

I disagree - Scholes is still great.

PresidentRomanov
Which game are you watching tomorrow night?

;)

I'm not watching a game tomorrow night, why do you ask?

Carl Weathers
I'm not watching a game tomorrow night, why do you ask?

Just wondering because I'm assuming you have no interest in Scotland.

:)

PresidentRomanov
Just wondering because I'm assuming you have no interest in Scotland.

:)

I have a slight interest in seeing them lose, but not enough to watch them :)

Terry Butcher should have nothing to do with our national team.

Based on his inability to detach himself from his bitter, saxon yeoman past, I would tend to agree. His attitude is a sure sign that the guy doesn't have the required diplomatic skills to hold a key position in any national team.

alwaysthereinspirit
Based on his inability to detach himself from his bitter, saxon yeoman past, I would tend to agree. His attitude is a sure sign that the guy doesn't have the required diplomatic skills to hold a key position in any national team.

I just read the piece on Radio Scotland about Butcher maybe refusing to shake Maradonas hand. If this happens he should be fired immediately. He represents Scotland in international football and should never be allowed to bring his own personal dislike for someone to a game. Unless it's on the pitch. What a tool he's turned out to be.

Preston Jambo
I just read the piece on Radio Scotland about Butcher maybe refusing to shake Maradonas hand. If this happens he should be fired immediately. He represents Scotland in international football and should never be allowed to bring his own personal dislike for someone to a game. Unless it's on the pitch. What a tool he's turned out to be.

A bit like Shaun Maloney refusing to shake Miko's hand after the Lithuania game.

I bet Takis would have liked to shake Maloney by the neck.

A bit like Shaun Maloney refusing to shake Miko's hand after the Lithuania game.

I bet Takis would have liked to shake Maloney by the neck.

Maloney is trash. Hope he picks up an injury.

Remind me what the reaction was on here when Steve Clarke was suggested as a possible manager for us during the summer?

Archived