PC Help - Video Card Drivers

Say What Again

Say What Again

Can any of our resident experts help me out?

I've just installed Far Cry 2. The game plays OK but when it was loading, I got a message saying 'Your Video Card Drivers are too old. Please update them'.

I don't have a clue what Video Card I have. Can anyone tell me how I find out?

Cheers.

Say What Again

I've just ran 'Driver Genius' and updated all of my drivers.

Everythings working fine except my screen now doesn't scroll - it moves up and down in blocks. :mad:

If anyone can advise me then that would be great, failing that, I'll google it at work.

:ahhhhhhh:

I've just ran 'Driver Genius' and updated all of my drivers.

Everythings working fine except my screen now doesn't scroll - it moves up and down in blocks. :mad:

If anyone can advise me then that would be great, failing that, I'll google it at work.

:ahhhhhhh:

That means you have the wrong driver installed; or need to reboot, but I'm guessing it will have fecked the driver up.

Your best best is going into Device manager - Display - choosing whatever is there and using rollback driver.

Reboot and then check again. It will then tell you what driver you were using before. Find that out and then PM me.

DO NOT use any of the ****ty programs you install and sort out all your drivers for you.

Can any of our resident experts help me out?

I've just installed Far Cry 2. The game plays OK but when it was loading, I got a message saying 'Your Video Card Drivers are too old. Please update them'.

I don't have a clue what Video Card I have. Can anyone tell me how I find out?

Cheers.

If its a nVidia card go to http://www.nvidia.co.uk and it should search for your card and tell you about updates

Say What Again
That means you have the wrong driver installed; or need to reboot, but I'm guessing it will have fecked the driver up.

Your best best is going into Device manager - Display - choosing whatever is there and using rollback driver.

Reboot and then check again. It will then tell you what driver you were using before. Find that out and then PM me.

Cheers mate, I'll do that when I get home

Say What Again
Install the top one mate and it will work ok.

Cheers mate, I'll install it when I get home.

Just for the record, what I was going to do was install the 2nd bottom one on this page.

Would that have worked?

Cheers mate, I'll install it when I get home.

Just for the record, what I was going to do was install the 2nd bottom one on this page.

Would that have worked?

It's only coming up with the main page, but I'm guessing you went through the list and selected the correct driver for your model.

Yeah, that would work as well. You can install the manufacturers driver or you can install either Nvidia's or ATI's Heinz driver, both would work fine but you will find that the manufacturers drivers are usually out of date.

Say What Again
Yeah, that would work as well. You can install the manufacturers driver or you can install either Nvidia's or ATI's Heinz driver, both would work fine but you will find that the manufacturers drivers are usually out of date.

I'm sorry for being a pest mate but it's still doing it. :(

Any more ideas?

Say What Again
choosing whatever is there and using rollback driver.

Scrap my previous post mate, I sorted it using rollback driver.

A massive thanks for all your help though.

Cheers. :)

Archived