Does This Strip Look Familiar.

MackaysCentreSpot

If you're meaning it looks this is seasons away kit, then yes.

However I fully believe that our current away kit should be White and Maroon (not White and Dark Blue). Look so much better!

MackaysCentreSpot
What's your point?

Interesting to see that our away strip apart from the maroon stripe being replaced by a navy stripe is the same as this strip that was introduced in 1972.

Sorry for wasting your time.............:rolleyes:

Interesting to see that our away strip apart from the maroon stripe being replaced by a navy stripe is the same as this strip that was introduced in 1972.

And it's taken you how long to spot this strange occurance?

Victor Meldrew

Wasn't that the whole point of it though? I can remember the Club saying that they had taken inspiration for it from the old 'Ajax' strip we had in the 1970s.

MackaysCentreSpot
And it's taken you how long to spot this strange occurance?

Away and boil your heed.

Why bother even replying, unless your just trying to be a smart a#se.

Away and boil your heed.

Why bother even replying, unless your just trying to be a smart a#se.

I'm just trying to work out the purpose of this thread. It's obvious the strips are alike, I'm sure that was the whole point of the design.

the cub would be better going back to retro style kits, the current and last seasons home strips are terrible,

Maroon shirt & white shorts for the home and plain white or something with thin stripes in maroon would do nicely for an away kit.

Guest Morocco Mole

the away strip this year has navy shorts, where as the original shorts were white.

i think that this years away strip should of been maroon and white like the original.

the strip that hearts are wearing against wolves would be a great away strip.

MackaysCentreSpot
Pointless thread.

And your post is not?

If you think that is the case then why even take the time to reply.

Why not just ignore it and move on?

The People's Chimp
I'm just trying to work out the purpose of this thread. It's obvious the strips are alike, I'm sure that was the whole point of the design.

Totally right, and a very bizarre thread. Of course, the club ***ed it up by not making the blue panel on both sides of the strip and putting it only on the front. it just looks daft and because of that, goes from potentially being a cracking away top to one of the worst hearts tops of recent memory.

MackaysCentreSpot
Does this thread look Familiar ?

I think this sums up KB when Administrators are behaving like smart a*ses.

Says it all really.

Malcolm Tucker

....to be fair dude when the away top came out there was about a million threads comparing it to the top in question.

Folk are just picking you up for your Peebles-esque thread-starting :P

Says it all really.

Thats Gingers for you.........:)

Who is going to post the picture of Doc Brown and Marty from back to the future?

I cant be bothered finding it.

Guest GhostHunter

Says it all really.

Excuse me for having an opinion.

And your post is not?

If you think that is the case then why even take the time to reply.

Why not just ignore it and move on?

Wish I had now.:rolleyes:

Can I make a sensible point? If it had maroon rather than blue would it not have too much maroon for an away kit? A hearts away strip should always be white and maroon though. Mind you who do we clash against (used to play Aberdeen away in maroon)?

While we're at it, can anyone explain the mystery of the Ajax-style strip with the red panel that we wore in the Cup quarter-final against Dundee when Tommy Murray was playing (and possibly in other games, but I can't remember). Why red?

With regard to the current away strip, I'd be happy with it if it wasn't a design nightmare with the Hearts badge and the two logos converging near the top. There's the basis of a very good strip there, but the designer wants sacking.

bilston angel

One picture in that piece interests me is the one of the crowd at the 3-3 draw in the Scottish Cup against the Celtic in 1966 where the official attendance was nearly 47,000. I was between the Wheatfield entrance and the Gorgie end at the back which is shown in that photo, and remember the crowd spilling in through the Gorgie end and on to the pitch.

I have never seen that picture before and it looks quite dangerous now; they moved a lot of the crowd off the pitch into any area they could find mainly the Gorgie end enclosure and that looked really packed from my viewpoint.

I reckon there must have been over 50,000 in Tynecastle that day to see an exciting game and no segregation then, we were surrouded by Tic fans, anybody else have memories of that day?

While we're at it, can anyone explain the mystery of the Ajax-style strip with the red panel that we wore in the Cup quarter-final against Dundee when Tommy Murray was playing (and possibly in other games, but I can't remember). Why red?

With regard to the current away strip, I'd be happy with it if it wasn't a design nightmare with the Hearts badge and the two logos converging near the top. There's the basis of a very good strip there, but the designer wants sacking.

some Mystic Meg type had predicted the Scottish cupwinners would be wearing red & white. So we bizzarely ran out in QF wearing Read/white stripes. drew 1-1 and lost the replay 3-2.

Who won the cup? C*ltic in green & white.

some Mystic Meg type had predicted the Scottish cupwinners would be wearing red & white. So we bizzarely ran out in QF wearing Read/white stripes. drew 1-1 and lost the replay 3-2.

Who won the cup? C*ltic in green & white.

Thanks for that. I thought I was hallucinating when I arrived at Tynecastle that day. It was bad enough dodging all the street-fighting that was going on outside the ground, but when I saw us run out in red I couldn't believe it.

Texaco cup sounds grand, what happened to that?

Texaco withdrew sponsorship and it became the 'Anglo-Scottish' Cup, with teams like St Mirren and Chesterfield winning.

The top teams weren't interested. The tournament ended in the early 80s.

Hearts' run to the final in '71 though created a lot of interest. This was the first tournament and was probably the best by far. We played Wolves, who were a very good team at the time.

Buffalo Bill

Texaco withdrew sponsorship and it became the 'Anglo-Scottish' Cup, with teams like St Mirren and Chesterfield winning.

The top teams weren't interested. The tournament ended in the early 80s.

Hearts' run to the final in '71 though created a lot of interest. This was the first tournament and was probably the best by far. We played Wolves, who were a very good team at the time.

Buffalo Bill

Ah Chesterfield, drew with the huns 0-0 at Ipox and then hilariously hammered them 3-0 at home.

Texaco/Anglo-Scottish memories.

Busby scoring the only goal at Goodison.

Burnley ****ing us 3-0 at Tyney (Leighton James in his pomp)

Bobby Moore playng for Fulham against us, all the Hearts fans wanting to kill their keeper Peter Mellor for time-wasting.

Archived