Oh Mikey, mikey!

speedbump

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1458143,00.html

HNT: Tullberg's return

Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo today revealed that Mike Tullberg is likely to resume full first team training at the end of this week, ahead of a possible return to action against Rangers.

The Danish hitman has been out of action for a month with a thigh injury, however after some intensive fitness work he's primed to rejoin his team-mates.

Even more interestingly, Csaba is considering playing Mike Tullberg and Christian Nade up-front as a strike partnership :eek:

Has Csaba hit his head or something? This is faaar too positive!

:laugh: If the OP intended folks to think this thread might be about Mikey Stewart, he succeeded. :)

I was thinking more about Galloway:eek:

loveofthegame

I look forward to seeing 15 mins of Tullberg and getting excited at the prospect before hes out for another 4-6 weeks...

Guest JamboRobbo
Even more interestingly, Csaba is considering playing Mike Tullberg and Christian Nade up-front as a strike partnership :eek:

To be fair, he says 4-4-2 is his favoured formation.

Guest Dipped Flake

That is the formation Csaba stated he preferred from day one. He obviously doesn't feel he has had the forwards to play this as yet. Whether Tullberg is the man to partner Nade I have no idea, will have to wait till I have seen him play

To be fair, he says 4-4-2 is his favoured formation.

Fair enough, he does indeed.

Maybe we will start to see what style Csaba really likes to play if these two hit it off!

Guest JamboRobbo
That is the formation Csaba stated he preferred from day one. He obviously doesn't feel he has had the forwards to play this as yet.

Or he's been "advised" to play the 4-5-1. I think it's a fair suspicion to have, given that he says his formation is 4-4-2 but he's not played it, and we have the same faces are around (Korobotchup, Cernakov) that always played the 4-5-1 formation previously.

If/when Tullberg is fit and available, we'll maybe get an answer to whether or not Csaba is allowed to play 4-4-2.....

Nelly Terraces

I thinka frontline of Tuborg and Go-Nads up front v the weegie tramp 11 would work perfectly. Can't see their centre halfs, including that old goat that used to play with us, having an enjoyable aftrenoon putting up with that pair.

I have only seen Tullberg play once, in his first game and, understandably, he didn't do much.

My concern is if neither Tullberg or Nade are natural goal-scoring strikers, why do we want both of them together up front ?

In fact is 4 4 2 not an extravagent formation in these circumstances ?

alwaysthereinspirit
Be good to have a decent sub come on up front for Nade for a change

This is not a negative reply to your post but how do we know he's decent.

I'd love to believe we have a real player on our books but the Pingu years have turned me into an out and out pessimist.

scottish_chicP
:laugh: If the OP intended folks to think this thread might be about Mikey Stewart, he succeeded. :)

Is it really bad I thought about Pospisil?! :P

Or he's been "advised" to play the 4-5-1. I think it's a fair suspicion to have, given that he says his formation is 4-4-2 but he's not played it, and we have the same faces are around (Korobotchup, Cernakov) that always played the 4-5-1 formation previously.

If/when Tullberg is fit and available, we'll maybe get an answer to whether or not Csaba is allowed to play 4-4-2.....

Well, if he has - he's ignored it.

Csaba has been playing 4-4-1-1, not 4-5-1.

Guest JamboRobbo
Well, if he has - he's ignored it.

Csaba has been playing 4-4-1-1, not 4-5-1.

whether you call it 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1, it's one up front with a guy in behind. Which we've been persevering with for a year and a half since Cernakov arrived.

itsnomarooned

As a matter of (vague) interest ...... 4-5-1 appears to be the favoured formation of the U19s. It works very well for them as there are some attack minded midfielders in there. However, this does kind of indicate that 4-5-1 is perhaps what the club favours.

Tullberg looked garbage. Yes, I know it was his first game and he'd been injured. I will gladly eat my shoes if I'm wrong, but he's not going to set the heather ablaze.

whether you call it 4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1, it's one up front with a guy in behind. Which we've been persevering with for a year and a half since Cernakov arrived.

No, we haven't but don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory. One up front with one behind is 4-4-1-1 and if you can't see the difference between that and 4-5-1, which is what we actually played last year, try watching what happens when we lose the ball.

Guest JamboRobbo
No, we haven't but don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory. One up front with one behind is 4-4-1-1 and if you can't see the difference between that and 4-5-1, which is what we actually played last year, try watching what happens when we lose the ball.

okay doke. Thats me told then. There is a massive difference between 4-4-1-1 and 4-5-1, which proves conclusively that Csaba is allowed to play 4-4-2. Happy now?

And I've not got time to watch what happens when we lose the ball - I'm too busy screaming at Zaliukas for giving it away again. :P

If he partnered them I still think he'd play the same formation as we do now - which for the record I call a 4-1-3-1-1 ;) - as it'd be pretty easy for Nade to slot into the role that Bruno is playing. The man hardly does his work in the penalty area and constantly drops deep or goes out wide. At times it looks as if it's Nade playing off Bruno.

Then we could drop Bruno into Mikey's position and get Mikey on the bench.

I'd quite like the look of:

--------------------Balogh--------------------

Neilson------Zaliukas-------Berra-------Wallace

-------------------Karipidis-------------------

[Enter fit RM]-------Aguiar--------------Driver

--------------------Nade---------------------

-------------------Tullberg-------------------

okay doke. Thats me told then. There is a massive difference between 4-4-1-1 and 4-5-1, which proves conclusively that Csaba is allowed to play 4-4-2. Happy now?

The 'massive difference' is, that 4-4-1-1 is Csaba's formation this season and 4-5-1 was the Committee's formation last season.

4-4-2 is a vain attempt to deflect from your conspiracy theory being unfounded.

Put yourself in Lazlos place, he turns up for work on the first day, wanting to play 4-4-2 and sees the complete drivel we have up front. Theres this big fat student wandering on the pitch who claims to be your star no9, its no wonder we havent played 4-4-2! Mole and Elliott up front together anyone? No ta.

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 whatever you want to call it has made us hard to beat recently. Until Tullberg gets some fitness we'll have to get used to it, even then he may be guff and we're back to what we have just now!

Guest JamboRobbo
The 'massive difference' is, that 4-4-1-1 is Csaba's formation this season and 4-5-1 was the Committee's formation last season.

4-4-2 is a vain attempt to deflect from your conspiracy theory being unfounded.

Thanks for pointing out these facts. Assuming they are facts, not just your interpretation of what has gone on, then I bow to your superior knowledge of our formations, and who is picking them.

Thanks for pointing out these facts. Assuming they are facts, not just your interpretation of what has gone on, then I bow to your superior knowledge of our formations, and who is picking them.

The formations are facts. not just my interpretation, as we've all seen them.

Who is picking them? That's an entirely different subject................:P

Guest JamboRobbo
The formations are facts. not just my interpretation, as we've all seen them.

I think all formations are open to interpretation of the people watching and even the players executing it.

If you listen to Csabas pre match interviews this season, he'd disagree with your facts though, and would suggest we have actually been playing 4-4-2.

Who is picking them? That's an entirely different subject................:P

:)

Drylaw Hearts
Put yourself in Lazlos place, he turns up for work on the first day, wanting to play 4-4-2 and sees the complete drivel we have up front. Theres this big fat student wandering on the pitch who claims to be your star no9, its no wonder we havent played 4-4-2! Mole and Elliott up front together anyone? No ta.

4-5-1 or 4-4-1-1 whatever you want to call it has made us hard to beat recently. Until Tullberg gets some fitness we'll have to get used to it, even then he may be guff and we're back to what we have just now!

If I was in Lazlo's place I wouldn't have signed 2 Goalies and another CM.

I would have signed 2 'fit' Strikers.

If you listen to Csabas pre match interviews this season,

:)

The thing is, my missus bought me a pair of ear muffs for my birthday.........:eek:

Jam Tarts 1874
If I was in Lazlo's place I wouldn't have signed 2 Goalies and another CM.

I would have signed 2 'fit' Strikers.

Tullberg was fit when he arrived at Hearts.

Guest JamboRobbo
The thing is, my missus bought me a pair of ear muffs for my birthday.........:eek:

you are allowed to take them off if you like. :P

I have to admit I saw this thread and thought it was about our ginger squirrel and posted the 4-4-2 thread before reading this one. Anyway I still think that mr lazlo should try out the 4-4-2 this weekend with maybe Gary Glen or no I can't say it, ok I will and I know that I will be slated for it - yes Adrian Mole or even bi Juho Makel (cannae control a baw).

HHGH c'mon the mighty JT's

I hope he turns out to be better than the distinctly average Obua.

Obua needs to be given time.

Great to see Tullberg getting fit. I don't see the problem with this.

I read a report on a reserve game not long ago ( although the game may have been last season) and it was one of the 2 Korobotchup or Cernakov and for some bizarre reason the team lined up 4-4-2.

I have not looked into it further but I have a little feeling that if (Korobotchup, Cernakov) play 4-4-2 in the reserves why on earth would they decide that the first team needs to play 4-5-1?

Answer on a postcard please Vlad you tw@t

Worth a little more investigation I feel as it may well be that they were allowed a free hand with the reserves but lacking in bottle to deny our tinpot dictator for the big team formation

Obua will need time. He has a 4 year deal and is a long-term project.

Jethro is a young striker who had a bad experience in Italy and will be working hard to get himself a permanent move.

Why will he need time? Would West Ham have given him time?

Will he be here for 4 years? I doubt it. I expect him to start playing well and he may even join the exodus in January...

Thanks for the memories Christophe, Driver and anyone else who can command a fee...

I smell a fire sale.

Jethro is a young striker who had a bad experience in Italy and will be working hard to get himself a permanent move.

You had me scratching my head for a moment there. Nice one! :)

Archived