Friends for a Fiver

EIEIO

Just returned from the ticket office I paid ?5 for a Falkirk ticket for the same Section E upper seat that cost ?18 v St Mirren (shocking price for a kid's ticket). First time I've ever used any of the vouchers that come with my season ticket but seems like a good deal. Dare I say well done Hearts.

robin hood jambo

Yip Well done Hearts! Ive got 2 friends coming up from Nottingham and used my voucher for the Falkirk game, Were all sat together in section E, My friends are amazed at the deal!

Ginger God Is Back

Aye you wouldnt have got that offer three years ago when we were flying under Burley..its called economics..we cant fill the place anymore.

Drylaw Hearts

This threads remind me of a conversation I had on Saturday......

The 'Friends for a Fiver' offer is a great deal - but not for the actual owner of the ST.

I recall the days when you bought your ST there was a real saving for you.

Now I'm buying a ST and saving someone else money.

A wee rethink is needed by the club for next seasons deal I think.

One for starters would be to lower the Platimun ST price and remove the programme from the deal.

If I want a programme I'll buy one myself.

PresidentRomanov

The 'Friends for a Fiver' offer is a great deal - but not for the actual owner of the ST.

One for starters would be to lower the Platimun ST price and remove the programme from the deal.

I think you'll find you're saving quite a bit, compared with paying the incredibly ridiculous price they're asking for a match to match basis, But that doesn't make it any better.

It would cost ?228 for the six cat A games alone :eek:

Agree regarding the programme also, I get two delivered for every match that I don't want.

Very true - One of the main reasons I haven't bought a season ticket over the last 2 seasons is because it offers no value. I work the odd Saturday, have hols, weekends away etc and end up missing 4/5 home games. The appeal of getting a season ticket used to be because it saved you money but it doesn't anymore.

Automatically making you take a programme, a leather seat or whatever just puts me off further.

The upshot means I now pick and choose my games and the club loses money that I would otherwise be spending in the ground buying a drink, pie, the occasional programme, 50/50 draw tickets, etc every other week.

They're not losing much based on one person but there are many others like me and when you multiply this by 17-19 home games a season and then by a few thousand that our average attendance has dropped by, it soon equates to a lot of cash.

Drylaw Hearts
I think you'll find you're saving quite a bit, compared with paying the incredibly ridiculous price they're asking for a match to match basis, But that doesn't make it any better.

It would cost ?228 for the six cat A games alone :eek:

Agree regarding the programme also, I get two delivered for every match that I don't want.

You are making the assumption we'd actually play 6 x Cat A games at home.

IIRC...

We didn't last Season.

Hearts will have to seriously rethink EVERY package next Season as things are going to be tight for lots of people and attending the football at as much as ?35 a go will be one of the first things people will cut outof their lives.

'Picking and Choosing' will be a more common phrase next Season regardless of where we finish in the SPL.

Remnants of Standards

It made me laugh when i saw the thread criticising celtic for charging ?32. Last season weren't we charging a top rate of ?38 for cat A games? Disgraceful.

I believe that top price has now been lowered to ?35 - big wowee Hearts.

Although the friends for a fiver is a move in the right direction, what we need is a more realistic pricing stucture across the board to make it more affordable for everyone. Football has to take a reality check and fast.

Archived