fat into muscle

Goonieref

Yo

When I was in my teens I was a bit chubby. Anyway I lost the chubb a long time ago but have struggled to lose a little in around the peck area, i've dieted even harder and have just got really skinny but no difference in that area. Someone suggested that I need to turn the chubb into muscle, what exercises can I do to get rid of it or make it look better?

Bitch tits :P

Heh heh.

You're a bad man Rab.

Goonie if you want to lose the moobs, do some push-ups, bench-presses, dips, two-handed barbell curves etc.

anything that makes your chest hurt basically, apart from 20 Marlboro reds.

Chest day at the gym for moi today - my workout (takes about 45 mins)

Barbell Bench Press - 4 sets x 6/8 reps

Dumbell Incline Press - as above

Dumbell Fly's - as above

Press Up's or Weighted Dips to failure

Nutrition is just as important as the workout though, so keep that in mind.

Yo

When I was in my teens I was a bit chubby. Anyway I lost the chubb a long time ago but have struggled to lose a little in around the peck area, i've dieted even harder and have just got really skinny but no difference in that area. Someone suggested that I need to turn the chubb into muscle, what exercises can I do to get rid of it or make it look better?

The problem with any form of exercise is that you cannot target specific areas to lose fat. For example if you had a bit of a gut, doing sit-ups would not lose the fat from this area it would only work your abs and in doing so probably make you look fatter as the muscle mass would get bigger under the layer of fat. Spot conditioning does not work.

If you want to lose fat you need to do general exercise i.e. running, rowing, cycling, swimming, aerobics etc. When exercising you lose fat all over your body. if you want to look like Adonis then you will have to push weights but if you want to look a bit more athletic then a cardio-vascular program is the way ahead.

A few things to remember about CV work.

initially you shouldn't need to exercise for more than 30 minutes a day - the heart should be in the region of 130 ~ 160 bpm (beats per minute). The body takes about 20 minutes to start burning body fat if you have a normal carbohydrate intake (more if you eat lots of carbs). However after your body gets used to doing this exercise you have to stimulate the fat burning a bit yourself. You should change the exercise pattern and do about 20 minutes of short burst interval training whereby you work hard for 8secs and work easy for 12secs. follow this pattern for the 20 minute workout .

This should be enough to burn the fat and get rid of the 'bits' you don't like.

The body takes about 20 minutes to start burning body fat if you have a normal carbohydrate intake (more if you eat lots of carbs).

What if you drink 4 litres of soft drink and eat pizza every day?

Not that I would know what Goonies diet is like. :P:p

Don, swimmer and dave, thanks for your help

Rab and melbourne gtf

I'll have u know its 6 litres a day and it's diet :rolleyes:

What if you drink 4 litres of soft drink and eat pizza every day?

Not that I would know what Goonies diet is like. :P:p

hahaha then he is ****ed :107years:

Don, swimmer and dave, thanks for your help

Rab and melbourne gtf

I'll have u know its 6 litres a day and it's diet :rolleyes:

If that's even half way true then it's probably part of the problem - pretty certain I've seen studies saying all those dodgy sweeteners in 'diet' drinks contribute to cellulite and other fatty deposits. Probably even ups your estrogen levels (and I say that as someone who prefers diet coke to normal, but I rarely have more than two cans a week).

The People's Chimp
If that's even half way true then it's probably part of the problem - pretty certain I've seen studies saying all those dodgy sweeteners in 'diet' drinks contribute to cellulite and other fatty deposits. Probably even ups your estrogen levels (and I say that as someone who prefers diet coke to normal, but I rarely have more than two cans a week).

That'll be helping those moobs gain a cup size. I used to drink gallons of coke, then changed it to the ever addictive diet coke and have now bumped that for fizzy water.

Sweeteners are a bit of a concern.

I run 5 or 6 ks 5 times a week and try to do 5minute ks.

In addition to that I do light weights twice a week. That seems to do the trick for me.

See that sucks, I am addicted to fizzy juice and would never be able to give it up.

See that sucks, I am addicted to fizzy juice and would never be able to give it up.

Oh well, in a few years time you'll be producing your own milk.

Just think of all the money you'll save. :P

fight_club1.jpg

On a more serious note, try mixing Badoit (yuppie alert) or any other 'soft' sparkling water with fruit juice or smoothies -- personally I think that's way tastier than coke or the like, and it's not packed with chemicals (he says toking on a Marlboro light).

Gavsy Van Gaverson
On a more serious note, try mixing Badoit (yuppie alert) or any other 'soft' sparkling water with fruit juice or smoothies -- personally I think that's way tastier than coke or the like, and it's not packed with chemicals (he says toking on a Marlboro light).

A poof's ciggie ;)

I will actually give that a go, if I could find a passable replacement then I could just have fizzy drink couple times a week as a treat.

Chest day at the gym for moi today - my workout (takes about 45 mins)

Barbell Bench Press - 4 sets x 6/8 reps

Dumbell Incline Press - as above

Dumbell Fly's - as above

Press Up's or Weighted Dips to failure

Nutrition is just as important as the workout though, so keep that in mind.

Spot on - supplement these with a low carb and sugar, but high protein shake such as Maximuscle Promax - high protein intake will help the chest muscles develop into leaner muscle, and not necessarily increase bulk - available in all good health shops, Holland and Barrett............:P

Archived