Under 19s

Marooned In Oz

Marooned In Oz

Anyone watch the celtic highlights??

Not only did the wee jambos win 3-0, but we should have battered celtic by a good few more goals.

Well done to the lads. Here's hoping a few of them make the step up to the full team :).

Another thing that makes it more impressive is the young age of our reserve team too - only a few established players playing in the ressies every week (3, tops).

Let's hope that a few of those get their chance in the coming weeks. (temps?)

MON THE HEARTS - THE FUTURES BRIGHT

Charlie-Brown

There certainly is a number of youngsters starting to knock on the door, whether they are fully ready yet or if the situation the first team finds itself in at this moment is the best time to play them then i'm not sure however they aren't too far away from starting to make an impression and I think a few folk will be pleasantly surprised once they do get their chance.

The U19's did play very well on saturday especially considering it was mostly the younger kids that played and they managed the victory without Glen, Rapnik, J.Brown, Husband, R.Wallace and the injured Visconte none of whom played.

Hearts have been very proactive the last 10 years or so developing their youth football and also now with the academy in place for a few years we are starting to see the benefits.

Hopefully a few of these boys can do what so many promising players in scotland don't do and make the step up.

The U19s have been progressing well for a while, some posters have in the past had a hidden agenda and slated the coaches...

Well Done to Darren Murray (& John) i say !!

Also Well Done to the squad as they are working hard and getting the rewards.

The U19s have been progressing well for a while, some posters have in the past had a hidden agenda and slated the coaches...

Well Done to Darren Murray (& John) i say !!

Also Well Done to the squad as they are working hard and getting the rewards.

It was not hidden. Our coaches were accused of making our youth players worse. Copil would be world class if it was not for them etc etc.

It was not hidden. Our coaches were accused of making our youth players worse. Copil would be world class if it was not for them etc etc.

I remember some of the posts, it was as if there was a vendetta for a while!!

My nephew is there and loves it!!

We_are_the_Hearts

Complete nonsense. People were questioning if the current set up was getting the BEST out of them. The proof in the pudding is them coming into the first team at a young age with the necessary technique, awareness, ability to retain posession, pace and upper body strength. So far I have not seen the evidence. I hope to be proved wrong in the future.

jamboinglasgow
Complete nonsense. People were questioning if the current set up was getting the BEST out of them. The proof in the pudding is them coming into the first team at a young age with the necessary technique, awareness, ability to retain posession, pace and upper body strength. So far I have not seen the evidence. I hope to be proved wrong in the future.

I agree the current set up is to get the best out of the youngsters and that the nessecary technique, awareness, abilty to retain possession etc but I dont think one of the requirements to judge them is that they come into the team at a young age. I think people expect youngsters to come in too young. I would rather they come in when they are ready, I think that is more important thing to judge the set up by, do we bring players in who are ready for the step up or leave players who are ready to wait a few years.

As for DM, I like him more and more everytime I hear an interview with him and I think though he is a marmite sort of manager for players, you either really like him or you dont. Think the ones who dont like him are ones who expect to be played because they have skills but dont put the effort in to demonstrate that.

All I would say about coaching at hearts that it was made sure that the best people and the best coaches are in the jobs for the academy, I dont really know much about the coaches below U19 level so cant make judgement on them. But I have noticed that the players are of better quality from the previous year each year so there is definatly quality coaching.

Charlie-Brown

8 of the starting 11 on saturday joined Hearts as schoolboys & came up through the age groups with only ridgers, mcgowan & wagner brought in elsewhere.

We_are_the_Hearts
I agree the current set up is to get the best out of the youngsters and that the nessecary technique, awareness, abilty to retain possession etc but I dont think one of the requirements to judge them is that they come into the team at a young age. I think people expect youngsters to come in too young. I would rather they come in when they are ready, I think that is more important thing to judge the set up by, do we bring players in who are ready for the step up or leave players who are ready to wait a few years.

As for DM, I like him more and more everytime I hear an interview with him and I think though he is a marmite sort of manager for players, you either really like him or you dont. Think the ones who dont like him are ones who expect to be played because they have skills but dont put the effort in to demonstrate that.

All I would say about coaching at hearts that it was made sure that the best people and the best coaches are in the jobs for the academy, I dont really know much about the coaches below U19 level so cant make judgement on them. But I have noticed that the players are of better quality from the previous year each year so there is definatly quality coaching.

Again, considering the quality of our team, I would expect more of them to be breaking through. I think we wait too long in this country to blood youngsters. Look at all the national teams round Europe and you will see teenagers in there. Would Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas, Rooney, Aguerro, Walcott flourished at such an early age in this country or would we have "protected" them. I hope you are right though and the players coming through are of the required level.

Charlie-Brown

The young lithuanian kid came on last 15 mins after game was already won but he looks very fast & good technique also got stuck in.

jamboinglasgow
Again, considering the quality of our team, I would expect more of them to be breaking through. I think we wait too long in this country to blood youngsters. Look at all the national teams round Europe and you will see teenagers in there. Would Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas, Rooney, Aguerro, Walcott flourished at such an early age in this country or would we have "protected" them. I hope you are right though and the players coming through are of the required level.

If a player is good enough for their age then they will get a chance to play in the top team when they are ready. I think Stephen Husband is getting close to that and he is only just turned 18. Balatoni was on the bench against hamilton and he is 17. Even Rapnik is only 18 and so is Gary Glen.

The players you have said are world-class. They were quality at a very young age which must be seen as that. Plus Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas and to certain respects Walcott were brought through systems which allows young players to be ready for the first team at a young age. I feel Csaba is trying to do that but it is going to take some time, as things need to change and experence is needed in the first team so they can feel confident when they do make the leap.

Malcolm Tucker

You can just tell though, if Arvy gets in on merit there will be outrage on here saying he's being preferred to the young Scots because he's Lithuanian.

Can pretty much put money on it :(

jamboinglasgow
The young lithuanian kid came on last 15 mins after game was already won but he looks very fast & good technique also got stuck in.

I think bringing a talented lithunian through the system rather than bringing them in when they 22 is a better way of doing things. It gets them used to the football here and also makes feel more part of the team. Good to hear he didn't look awful and has talent.

We_are_the_Hearts
If a player is good enough for their age then they will get a chance to play in the top team when they are ready. I think Stephen Husband is getting close to that and he is only just turned 18. Balatoni was on the bench against hamilton and he is 17. Even Rapnik is only 18 and so is Gary Glen.

The players you have said are world-class. They were quality at a very young age which must be seen as that. Plus Messi, Ronaldo, Fabregas and to certain respects Walcott were brought through systems which allows young players to be ready for the first team at a young age. I feel Csaba is trying to do that but it is going to take some time, as things need to change and experence is needed in the first team so they can feel confident when they do make the leap.

I hope you are proved right but I do have my doubts. I am looking to see some quality burst through shortly as we have put a lot of emphasis on this Academy.

What always amazes me is the amount of people on here who say we dont give youth a chance (maybe they believe the Glesga and Hobo(EEN) press).

Look at the team... Berra, Wallace, Eggo, Driver, Mole, Thomson all regulars this year, all came through the ranks. Say what you want about quality, but I'd say the club's will from top to bottom to develop and play young guys is there.

Having so little experience and the need for stability and strength just now, I kinda agree with Csabs not to throw in any more kids at the moment. Maybe after January or even next season will be the time for Husband, Temps etc.

Having these guys cutting their teeth at u19 and reserve level is great and Csabs has talked about the Ressies being our u23 team, so if the boys can see structured progression, then all the more motivation for them to push themselves

The future looks good to me!

jambos are go!

Its hard to judge potential in under 19 games. Last year I thought Eddie Mearns was immense but got freed and is apparently struggling at Dundee.

Archived