Moredun

Pele_Is_God

Well Danderhall is out of the equation, looks like were moving to Moredunvale after all . Any one from here stay there? I've been in the nest a few times it's a decent boozer.

Pint and a fight, a great Moredun night.

Ive been to a few parties in there. A girl i knew from my school in Libby had her 18th there. Ended up she got the tip of her finger bitten off by a fellow pupil/Moredunite!

Chad Sexington

I was brought up in Moredunvale.

I liked it at the time but I wouldn't go back.

The high rise flats are full of freaks now.

I'm sure the houses at Moredunvale will still be alright though.

I haven't drunk in the Nest in nearly 10 years but it used to be a bit wild at the weekend when I was a regular. :eek:

Looks lovely. Do easyjet fly direct?

Ive no idea how folk can live in places like that. I know its cheap but theres a reason! Mind you, I get a nose bleed if I go past abbeyhill or the maybury.

Looks lovely. Do easyjet fly direct?

Ive no idea how folk can live in places like that. I know its cheap but theres a reason! Mind you, I get a nose bleed if I go past abbeyhill or the maybury.

That bit doesnt make much sense to me , The Maybury and Moredun are both on the city limits, just different directions .......

Moredun is a working class area much like Clerry, Northfield or Oxgangs.

Sure it has rough bits but 90% of the people I know from there are fine (and I know a lot of people from Moredun).

The flats are also improving, they have been refurbished and are not "full of freaks" any more

As for the Robins Nest, it is a very friendly pub these days - No mass brawls (ala the Rainbow) ;), for at least 2 years

Oh the hibees are gay

Full eh junkies cos eh the high rises and everytime i was visiting mates i saw at least 20, and full of wee neds, woudn't ever buy a house or even rent one, far better places to move.

Full eh junkies cos eh the high rises and everytime i was visiting mates i saw at least 20, and full of wee neds, woudn't ever buy a house or even rent one, far better places to move.

Like Durham? :eek:

When were you last at the flats as already been said a lot eh the freaks have been moved on.

Also the flats are based in Craigour not Moredunvale just to be pedantic.

Oh the hibees are gay
Like Durham? :eek:

When were you last at the flats as already been said a lot eh the freaks have been moved on.

Also the flats are based in Craigour not Moredunvale just to be pedantic.

Take it you've never been to Durham then mate, I have a young kid and i dont want Her growing up in a junkie society where i grew up, that and work related i moved.

Ive not been up to Moredun in 4 months, and i speak regulary to mates from there, and they say the gun crime in gilmerton have esculated to Moredun because of this, and my mates woudn't lie.

One reason i chose Durham, quiet place in the middle of nowhere where its safe no guns gangs or knifes, only problem whith Durham is its full of students, being 4 Uni's and 3 Colleges but an amazing place to live, visiting many times before, always reminds me of Edinburgh as Durham Cathedral is in the Centre and looks over the whole City as Edinburgh Castle does.

Take it you've never been to Durham then mate, I have a young kid and i dont want Her growing up in a junkie society where i grew up, that and work related i moved.

Ive not been up to Moredun in 4 months, and i speak regulary to mates from there, and they say the gun crime in gilmerton have esculated to Moredun because of this, and my mates woudn't lie.

One reason i chose Durham, quiet place in the middle of nowhere where its safe no guns gangs or knifes, only problem whith Durham is its full of students, being 4 Uni's and 3 Colleges but an amazing place to live, visiting many times before, always reminds me of Edinburgh as Durham Cathedral is in the Centre and looks over the whole City as Edinburgh Castle does.

So there are no drugs in Durham then and all the students only get high on life ;)

Archived