Help????? Hearts 7 St Mirren 0

JT Wooks

i was fondly thinking about this game. one of the 1st i can remember as a kid. we went to love street and thumped the saints 7-0. i think it was 7 or maybe 6. JC got a couple and robbo was on the score sheet. had it on vhs for years but lost it. can anyone confirm the date and correct score and scorers

regards

this_is_my_story

I'm sure Hearts went there and beat those ***** 6-2, would probably be 87/88 season? Have a butcher's at LondonHearts, you'll get the info there. :)

Charlie-Brown

I was at that game it was a welcome change from some gubbings like 6-2, 5-2 & 4-0 etc we'd suffered through there in the previous seasons.

LOL, we decided not to go to that game as there were lots of boring 0-0 games against them just before that.

I was gutted.

The Old Tolbooth
LOL, we decided not to go to that game as there were lots of boring 0-0 games against them just before that.

I was gutted.

Does that mean we should keep going this season just in case? :P

SectionDJambo

Was it really 1988 - 20 years ago???

I remember it quite well. 6-0.

3-0 up at half time after having the advantage of a gale behind us. Thinking that maybe they would come back at us when they had the wind in their favour, but we came out and scored a 4th almost right away. JC was unstoppable.

I think this may have been the first League hat trick by a Hearts player since promotion in 1983.

Gary Mackay nearly scored from the half-way line that day too... can't remember if the keeper tipped it over or if it hit the bar.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Gary Mackay nearly scored from the half-way line that day too... can't remember if the keeper tipped it over or if it hit the bar.

I seem to remember it being from the kick-off. If it had gone in it would have been some sort of record.

I seem to remember it being from the kick-off. If it had gone in it would have been some sort of record.

Yeah remember it as well, it was straight from kick off. What a game. It doesn't seem 20 years ago

I remember driving home after that match and listening to an interview with Tony Fitzpatric, he said something along the lines of in his eyes a draw would have been a fair result.

siegementality
I was at that game it was a welcome change from some gubbings like 6-2, 5-2 & 4-0 etc we'd suffered through there in the previous seasons.

Charlie Brown, Historian.

Charlie-Brown
I remember driving home after that match and listening to an interview with Tony Fitzpatric, he said something along the lines of in his eyes a draw would have been a fair result.

Tony Fitzpatrick.....he also said something along the lines of Ricky Gillies would play for AC Milan......:rolleyes:

Doctor FinnBarr
Tony Fitzpatrick.....he also said something along the lines of Ricky Gillies would play for AC Milan......:rolleyes:

Well he did go to the sheep!

:P

Funniest thing about that afternoon was that half of our bus ended up going to the pub instead - took one look at the freezing cold weather and thought 'pheck that'! One of the guys refused to believe the score until he heard it officially coming through on the radio!

Was a vintage afternoon though, from arguably our best side on the '80s. That was the year Robbo scored something like 31 goals?

Does that mean we should keep going this season just in case? :P

LOL, I suppose you could use that argument.

I think that was the only game we missed that season.

Was there also a game at Love st where Sandy Jardine had to go in goals for some reason.What was score in that game

6-2 if I remember.

Archived