Ahh the memories!

jack bauer

What old songs on the radio remind you of your first times at Tynie??

Whitney Houston - 'I want to to dance with somebody'

Was played evey half time for about a year when I first started going. Everytime I hear the song I always have a flashback to how smelly the toilets at Tynecastle used to be and how it good it was to stand at the game.

Thats weird. I was going to mention two songs - the other was walking on glass. I heard it this morning and straight away I was back in the shed! It was almost unbeleivable how long they played those 2 songs for

Ogi fae Gorgie

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jLuUXPb_YzY

Leapy Lea sung it late 60's sometime, 69 maybe?

There's a boy a little boy shooting arrows in the blue

And he's aiming them at someone but the question is at who

Is it me or is it you it's hard to tell until you're hit

But you'll know it when they hit you cause they hurt a little bit

Here they come pouring out of the blue little arrows for me and for you

You're falling in love again falling in love again

Little arrows in your clothing little arrows in your hair

When you're in love you'll find those little arrows everywhere

Little arrows that will hit you once and hit you once again

Little arrows that hit everybody every now and then wow oh oh the pain

Some folk a run and others hide but there is nothing they can do

And some folk put on amour but the arrows go straight through

So you see there's no escape so why not face it and admit

That you love those little arrows when they hurt a little bit

Here they come pouring out...

Here they come pouring out...

ooopppss, from the thread title I thought you meant losing to celtic after a really dodgy decision let them back into the game, silly me!!!

coco jambo is one I remember from not that long ago. AYE YA YA COCO JAMBO, AYE YA YAH. Think that's the words anyways!

Thig Ar Latha

Can't remember what it was called, but that Whistling song was played at every game in the late sisties and early seventies.

Hearts Heritage
Can't remember what it was called, but that Whistling song was played at every game in the late sisties and early seventies.

Whistling Jack Smith - I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman

Dig the dancing Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn.

True Blue by Madonna and Manic Monday by The Bangles.

When I first went to the games they seemed to play those songs every week. When I hear them now reminds me of the maroon and white benches and baccy smoke that smelt different to now.

Hearts Heritage

Then I found this one

Looks a bit like Robbos on Karaoke Night.

Check out the guy bottom right who appears occasionally and the 2 tall blonde chicks.

My first ever game at Tynie was v St Mirren in early 1985 (Jan or Feb) and Billy Ocean's classic Caribbean Queen was played before the match. I still cannot hear that song without reminiscing about being in the old stand and the smell of the brewery. Shame we got beat 1-0.

Broxburn Jambo

New Years day in the sixties and seventies at Fester Road they used to play---- A Guid New Year the song still gets me hyper!!!!

Scaffold. Lily the pink. Engelbert Humperdinck. Pleas release me and Tom Jones What's new pussycat. Crap songs but oh the memory's:)

What old songs on the radio remind you of your first times at Tynie??

Whitney Houston - 'I want to to dance with somebody'

Was played evey half time for about a year when I first started going. Everytime I hear the song I always have a flashback to how smelly the toilets at Tynecastle used to be and how it good it was to stand at the game.

stevie wonder...i just called to say i love you

jamboinglasgow

dont have one that reminds me of my first time at tynecastle but the song that goes "must be the reason why I am king of my castle" always reminds me of tynecastle as it always used to be played everytime i went.

About 87/88 i can remember nearly every week I got my mind set on you by George Harrisson being played. Happy days

:)

Remain Nameless

Remember during the 1987/88 Season the Bee Gees 'You Win Again' being played often.........good memories, sadly the Bee Gees!

Thig Ar Latha
Whistling Jack Smith - I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman

Dig the dancing Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn.

Brilliant! Can picture myself as a wee boy in the shed, the sways, the echos in the chants and the smell of the Distillary.

Bomber Harris

Remember a song in the late 1970's early 80's going along the lines of "playing with the Queen Of Hearts" sounded like a Country and Western ditty with a female singing it, can't remember who sung it but it always takes me back to the good ol' bad days.

Remember a song in the late 1970's early 80's going along the lines of "playing with the Queen Of Hearts" sounded like a Country and Western ditty with a female singing it, can't remember who sung it but it always takes me back to the good ol' bad days.

I'm sure that female was Dave Edmonds. :eek:

Anything from Bandparts reminds me off my early Hearts games. ;)

Seriously though, my early memories of Tynecastle are playing down the front of the terracing and the overwhelming smell of cigarette/pipe smoke. That and the Santa's Grotto toilets in the tunnel under the school end.

I'm sure there's a song in that somewhere.

I do, I do, I do etc. by Abba

Bobby Seith, Donald Ford, Drew Busby, Willie Gibson, Jim Cruickshank,

oh the memories and that blond bloke Eric Carruthers

Jive Bunny and the Master mix (or something like that!)

Every time I hear that song I get that tingle down my spine the same as I did when I walked up the mainstand steps for the 1st time into the Pannini stickers family enclosure in 1989

Probably the only person to get such a feeling from listening to Jive Bunny.

Cant believe no-one has mentioned Red Red Wine by UB40 which was played at Tynecastle every week when it was out. Still makes me think of the Shed when I hear it.

GC

Cant believe no-one has mentioned Red Red Wine by UB40 which was played at Tynecastle every week when it was out. Still makes me think of the Shed when I hear it.

GC

god yeh red red wine.

Bomber Harris
I'm sure that female was Dave Edmonds. :eek:

Are you sure Dave? is the Dave Edmunds one a C&W tune (or similar sounding)

Archived