Poor wee lambs.

Dirk Diggler

The sad thing is, you could copy and paste that thread and put it on here and it wouldn't look out of place.

The number of pointless "romanov out now" and "balogh out" and "csaba out" threads here shows the knee-jerk reactions by our own posters. Some people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee before we can laugh at the same posts by the vermin. Every time you shoot down one of their pointless threads they start another one.

What do these people want - us to lose with "flair" like the hobos?

We are 3rd in the league, still playing at Tynecastle, and have the debt reduced. Things are beginning to move back in the right direction and it is time to support the team.

...The number of pointless "romanov out now" and "balogh out" and "csaba out" threads here shows the knee-jerk reactions by our own posters...

...Things are beginning to move back in the right direction and it is time to support the team.

:)

To be fair, replace the word 'Mixu' with the 'Vlad' and you have exactly the kind of post that was appearing on here a week and a half or so ago....

...and for the last two years. As I said to a Hibee mate the other day there, at least they can sack Mixu, we cannot sack Romanov.

Football fans are fickle. A couple of wins and they'll be thinking they have a chance of Europe.

We're the same ourselves.

But it's great when it's them.

Really, really funny.

...and for the last two years. As I said to a Hibee mate the other day there, at least they can sack Mixu, we cannot sack Romanov.

We couldn't sack Robinson, Mercer etc. either, so I don't see the relevance. What do you want to do? Sack CSaba for getting us to 3rd in the league with 3 clean sheets in a row?

If you want a change of owner, someone has to buy him out - just like it was with the others. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone on the horizon thats going to do that, so we need to accept what we have.

The reality is that Hearts form has always been up and down over the years, and this isn't any different. The current team is still far better than plenty I saw in the 90s, and others will probably tell you it was better than the 70s teams.

Charlie-Brown
To be fair, replace the word 'Mixu' with the 'Vlad' and you have exactly the kind of post that was appearing on here a week and a half or so ago....

Football fans everywhere generally find a very similar set of complaints, reasons, excuses and blame-figures when their football club isn't doing as well as they hope or expect - if you read the fan comments in the EEN and if you ignored the team colours and specific names the general themes are the same everytime after a poorer result, it's the same on here & trumpets.net and loadsa other forums as well.

The funny thing is they are still in our shadow when it even comes to things like this!!! :P Done that, bought the t-shirt. Second to us everytime. :P

Football fans everywhere generally find a very similar set of complaints, reasons, excuses and blame-figures when their football club isn't doing as well as they hope or expect - if you read the fan comments in the EEN and if you ignored the team colours and specific names the general themes are the same everytime after a poorer result, it's the same on here & trumpets.net and loadsa other forums as well.

So that should mean an end to the threads about Hearts fans being the worst in the world for booing and moaning etc? Not saying you start them, just using your comment.

We couldn't sack Robinson, Mercer etc. either, so I don't see the relevance. What do you want to do? Sack CSaba for getting us to 3rd in the league with 3 clean sheets in a row?

If you would tell me how Robinson and Mercer got themselves involved in team selection then you would have your answer.

If you want a change of owner, someone has to buy him out - just like it was with the others. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone on the horizon thats going to do that, so we need to accept what we have.

Exactly, as I was saying above.

The reality is that Hearts form has always been up and down over the years, and this isn't any different. The current team is still far better than plenty I saw in the 90s, and others will probably tell you it was better than the 70s teams.

Well, I saw every team in the nineties and IMO this team ranks alongside the worst of them, which is exacerbated by certain players being favoured.

Today's team is far better than many of the teams in the 70/80s. Anyone that tells you diferently has a very bad memory!!!!

Today's team is far better than many of the teams in the 70/80s. Anyone that tells you diferently has a very bad memory!!!!

Certainly the late 70s and early 80s.

Which teams would you say are worse than our current one?

I don't mean for you to list players, just name the seasons teams that are worse than those at the moment.

I don't mean for you to list players, just name the seasons teams that are worse than those at the moment.

78 TO 81 were mega p@sh!

78 TO 81 were mega p@sh!

'78 was my first full season but i couldn't comment on how good/bad the football was. I was just excited to be going.

Any others though? Or is the current Hearts team worse than any other from the 70/80's, apart from three?

'78 was my first full season but i couldn't comment on how good/bad the football was. I was just excited to be going.

Any others though? Or is the current Hearts team worse than any other from the 70/80's, apart from three?

The team now are like Brazil compared to the dross I watched back then, Archie White ,Pat McShane etc to name a few...pure and utter *****e!:eek:

Had a wee run in '78 but still got relegated:(

Scarf burning on the terracing in the late 70s was the single high point.... but then my memory is dimming with the advancing years :sad:

Right through from 1967 to 1982/3 season was mainly dross with mid table mediocrity (18 team league remember) the order of the day.It,s worth noting that as soon as they re-organized the league into 10 teams we only just scraped into the league the first year and after that got relegated and yo yo'd up and down after that. In one of our spells in the First Division the players actually had the neck to threaten strike action over an unpaid win bonus over the likes of the mighty East Stirling or some other giant of football.

Wage thiefs are not a new occurence at Tynecastle.

Right through from 1967 to 1982/3 season was mainly dross with mid table mediocrity (18 team league remember) the order of the day.It,s worth noting that as soon as they re-organized the league into 10 teams we only just scraped into the league the first year and after that got relegated and yo yo'd up and down after that. In one of our spells in the First Division the players actually had the neck to threaten strike action over an unpaid win bonus over the likes of the mighty East Stirling or some other giant of football.

Wage thiefs are not a new occurence at Tynecastle.

East Stirling beat us at Tynie 1-0,and that was probably a high point back then,I know cause I was there:eek:

Right through from 1967 to 1982/3 season was mainly dross with mid table mediocrity (18 team league remember) the order of the day....Wage thiefs are not a new occurence at Tynecastle.

I've seen my fair share of dross at Tynie.

It's been claimed on this thread that (1)"Today's team is far better than many of the teams in the 70/80s. Anyone that tells you diferently has a very bad memory!!!!" and (2) "The current team is still far better than plenty I saw in the 90s".

IMO, (2) above is just pish but i was looking for opinions on (1) from those with better memories than me.

It's been claimed on this thread that (1)"Today's team is far better than many of the teams in the 70/80s. Anyone that tells you diferently has a very bad memory!!!!" and (2) "The current team is still far better than plenty I saw in the 90s".

IMO, (2) above is just pish but i was looking for opinions on (1) from those with better memories than me.

(1) is absolutely true- we never finished third in the league between 1965/66 and the 84/85 season, fourth in 1970 was the best. During that period we saw some utterly dire Hearts teams. Players like Jim Cruikshank, Donald Ford, Drew Busby, Eddie Thomson and a few more were the exceptions.

Taking you up on point 2, were you a fan of Joe Jordan's, Tommy McLean's, Sandy Clark's, Jim Jefferies' teams post cup final (6-2 anyone), early Craig Levein's teams.

Joe Jordan's teams had a solid defence but crap attacking setup - if the opposition scored first, you were as well going home there and then, but if we scored first we then had to hold out until the final whistle.

Tommy McLean - no need to elaborate there, point proven.

Sandy Clark's team - remember going until the last game of the season at Firhill, knowing a defeat could see us relegated if the other results went against us? We won 1-0 with an Alan McLaren goal to seal survival.

The season after we won the cup in '98 was an utter disaster, and it took the return of Colin Cameron to score a few goals for us and keep us up. I was surprised I didn't need therapy after the 6-2 game - never felt so low following Hearts.

I've made the point before that it wasn't that long ago that we resorted to playing the defender Kevin McKenna as a lone target man! Mind you it was usually still enough to beat the Hobos, but far from entertaining...

It's amazing how, whenever people on here have a laugh at our rivals, there are always a few who're desperate to bring it all back to how terrible things are at our club at the moment, we really can't laugh, etc.

Lighten up, eh?

It's amazing how, whenever people on here have a laugh at our rivals, there are always a few who're desperate to bring it all back to how terrible things are at our club at the moment, we really can't laugh, etc.

Lighten up, eh?

INDEED we are third we have won 3 games in a row and hibs are a total shambles jesus guys make hay while the sun shines

INDEED we are third we have won 3 games in a row and hibs are a total shambles jesus guys make hay while the sun shines

Agree.

It does rankle with me that people claim the team is the worst ever. We are 3rd in the league, and 3 points against the Bairns will strengthen that position.

Csaba has made improvements to the same basic set of players that Frail was unable to control, and I'm just hoping he gets some money to spend on a few new faces in January to mount the challenge for Europe and a strong Cup run.

It would also be nice to give the tramps a leathering at Tynie in the new year.

It's a funny thread, but then again we have virtually the same threads after we win never mind lose or draw, just have a wee look on the first page of Kickback today, after our 3rd win on the trot, it's pathetic TBH.

If you would tell me how Robinson and Mercer got themselves involved in team selection then you would have your answer.

Mercer, by signing players we couldn't pay for got us banned from entering the tranfer market to bring in new players.

Robinson sold any half decent player we had to the first bidder at ridiculously low prices.

So in their own way and by their actions they did influence the team selection.

Mercer' date=' by signing players we couldn't pay for got us banned from entering the tranfer market to bring in new players.

Robinson sold any half decent player we had to the first bidder at ridiculously low prices.

So in their own way and by their actions they did influence the team selection.[/quote']

Correct.

I could not believe that Pieman sold Niemi for only ?2m, and was going to accept ?750k for Gary Naysmith before settling for ?1.5m when Everton came into the reckoning. Naysmith had apparently agreed a new contract at Hearts with Jim Jefferies but Pieman insisted on the sale.

As for picking the team - isn't that so last season? Laszlo has been picking a consistent and settled team over the past couple of months, with only injuries and suspensions having an impact. I think he is picking the best available to him - Kingston possibly excepted, although he needed a serious boot up the erse.

Guest Dipped Flake

Correct.

I could not believe that Pieman sold Niemi for only ?2m' date=' and was going to accept ?750k for Gary Naysmith before settling for ?1.5m when Everton came into the reckoning. Naysmith had apparently agreed a new contract at Hearts with Jim Jefferies but Pieman insisted on the sale.

As for picking the team - isn't that so last season? Laszlo has been picking a consistent and settled team over the past couple of months, with only injuries and suspensions having an impact. I think he is picking the best available to him - Kingston possibly excepted, although he needed a serious boot up the erse.[/quote']

I can't believe some posters are still going on about Romanov picking the team/fax machine etc. I can see no evidence to say it is anyone but Csaba picking the team. We can argue about how good/bad/indifferent his selections are but they do seem to be his

Mercer, by signing players we couldn't pay for got us banned from entering the tranfer market to bring in new players.

So in their own way and by their actions they did influence the team selection.

I am glad you came back on, you obviously gave frankblack an argument!;)

Are you telling me that Mercer picked those players? If so, could you please tell me which ones you refer to.

As for Robinson attempting to live within our means, that may influence the team (by taking players away) but it was necessary.

Neither of the above were asking for written declarations, nor did they amend the team after the coach had picked it.

Correct.

I could not believe that Pieman sold Niemi for only ?2m' date=' and was going to accept ?750k for Gary Naysmith before settling for ?1.5m when Everton came into the reckoning. Naysmith had apparently agreed a new contract at Hearts with Jim Jefferies but Pieman insisted on the sale.[/quote']

Aside from Gordon, Bednar and McCann, is Niemi not next on our record sale list?

Naysmith was sold purely due to the bank coming calling, Gary was in tears when he was told he HAD to leave and begged to stay, but the bank said no.

As for picking the team - isn't that so last season? Laszlo has been picking a consistent and settled team over the past couple of months, with only injuries and suspensions having an impact. I think he is picking the best available to him - Kingston possibly excepted, although he needed a serious boot up the erse.

Let me get this right, VR tried to tell Burley who to pick, told Rix, Ivanauskas, Korobochka, Cervenkov and Frail but has just stopped now? Laszlo himself states that "they" pick the team "together". Since Laszlo has came in, talking up various formations, including saying that 4-4-2 would suit us best, we have played a steady 4-4-1-1 formation, a known "pyramid" formation. He has also caught the out of position bug. All this even when we are not playing well.

As for Kingston, isn't he injured? Are you suggesting that there may be something going on there?!?!?!?!?:eek:

I am glad you came back on, you obviously gave frankblack an argument!;)

Are you telling me that Mercer picked those players? If so, could you please tell me which ones you refer to.

As for Robinson attempting to live within our means, that may influence the team (by taking players away) but it was necessary.

Neither of the above were asking for written declarations, nor did they amend the team after the coach had picked it.

Do you have some proof or is your argument based on rumours and chinese whispers?

Romanov's made mistakes and realised it wasn't working, which is why he hired Csaba to manage the team.

Answer the question - do you think Csaba is picking the team? Where are the wild selection changes from game to game of last season?

Aside from Gordon, Bednar and McCann, is Niemi not next on our record sale list?

Quoting the record sale list is irrelevant if the player was sold at less than the market rate.

So, would you would say that Gordon was a ?7m better goalkeeper than Niemi was when he was sold?

Naysmith was sold purely due to the bank coming calling, Gary was in tears when he was told he HAD to leave and begged to stay, but the bank said no.

So, you think Robinson was unlucky that our debt spiralled out of control to ?20m, forcing the sale of one of our best players at any price?

At least Romanov gets a decent rate for the players he sells.

Let me get this right, VR tried to tell Burley who to pick, told Rix, Ivanauskas, Korobochka, Cervenkov and Frail but has just stopped now? Laszlo himself states that "they" pick the team "together". Since Laszlo has came in, talking up various formations, including saying that 4-4-2 would suit us best, we have played a steady 4-4-1-1 formation, a known "pyramid" formation. He has also caught the out of position bug. All this even when we are not playing well.

I'm not interested in replying to pointless arguments about pyramid this, fax machine that, which lack substance. I'm interested in the team this season, not the Frail disaster team last year.

I'm saying that Csaba is doing the best with an average set of players. We are cutting costs to reduce the debt and unaffordable wages of the past, and some can't seem to accept that.

He can hardly play a 4-4-2/4-4-3 when he only has one fit striker in Nade, the reset being pesh and/or injured!

As for not playing well - we are 3rd in the league FFS! I'd rather see us grind out results with the average players we have and perhaps gain 3rd place, than lose with flair like the Hobos and finish in the bottom six again. What do you prefer?

As for Kingston, isn't he injured? Are you suggesting that there may be something going on there?!?!?!?!?:eek:

There are various rumours going around from after the derby about a dressing room bust-up after the game between Kingston and other players, who accused him of not trying a leg. He hasn't played since - no Romanov conspiracy here - just that perhaps he has been dropped to get his attitude sorted.

Francis Albert

Let me get this right, VR tried to tell Burley who to pick, told Rix, Ivanauskas, Korobochka, Cervenkov and Frail but has just stopped now?

Frail has consistently said Vlad didn't interfere. Is he lying?

Unfortunately, Frail has not been consistent in his comments regarding interference since leaving.

Frail was on Sportsound on Saturday and was questioned at length about his time in the dugout. He stated emphatically that from January he had "99.9 %" control of the team. He said that he was asked on only one occasion to send his team sheet to Lithuania and explain his team selection.

I have read many posts and multiple threads on here stating that Frail's team was picked by Romanov. For the first time on Saturday I heard Frail categorically deny these rumours.

INconsistently. He has stated recently that certain decisions were not his, including saying that Driver's substitution at Inverness in the defeat "came from elsewhere".

Do you have some proof or is your argument based on rumours and chinese whispers?

Romanov's made mistakes and realised it wasn't working, which is why he hired Csaba to manage the team.

Answer the question - do you think Csaba is picking the team? Where are the wild selection changes from game to game of last season?

I know it is true as a friend of mine was told as such by John McGlynn. As for your question the answer is no, source for that? Csaba Laszlo himself. He says that teams are picked "together".

Quoting the record sale list is irrelevant if the player was sold at less than the market rate.

So' date=' would you would say that Gordon was a ?7m better goalkeeper than Niemi was when he was sold?[/quote']

Yes, for a few reasons. Niemi was a goalkeeper in his thirties with the largest part of his career behind him, also the market had changed significantly between the two players sales with transfer fees rocketing. I will ask you a question, do you think that we could have got ?9m for Niemi back in the early 2000's?

So' date=' you think Robinson was unlucky that our debt spiralled out of control to ?20m, forcing the sale of one of our best players at any price?

At least Romanov gets a decent rate for the players he sells.[/quote']

I do not think that Robinson was unlucky, I feel that he made huge errors off the field and his mismanagement led to our huge debt. Romanov has so far got good deals for a bunch of our sales, great figures in for Gordon, Bednar, Skacel and to a lesser extent Hartley. However losing Pressley and Webster for little or nothing, wasting money on Beslija and Pinilla and the money that was turned down for Tall do not do him any favours. In a far shorter time than the pieman, our finances don't look to be getting any better.

I'm not interested in replying to pointless arguments about pyramid this, fax machine that, which lack substance. I'm interested in the team this season, not the Frail disaster team last year.

So, you do not think that the involvement of Cervenkov in team affairs could have something to do with the same formation that Cervenkov and Korobochka brought in being employed by a new manager? If so then I would suggest you are ignoring the obvious.

I'm saying that Csaba is doing the best with an average set of players. We are cutting costs to reduce the debt and unaffordable wages of the past, and some can't seem to accept that.

Funny that, many of those average players were not perceived to be average not so long ago. As for unaffordable wages, I assume you include Kingston, Gordon, Tall, Beslija and the "five year deal" kids? All players rewarded by Romanov?

He can hardly play a 4-4-2/4-4-3 when he only has one fit striker in Nade, the reset being pesh and/or injured!

Hearts have about half a dozen strikers, many rubbish, however you can only pee with the genetalia you have, especially since Laszlo's summer signings were prioritised to Obua and Goalkeeper four and five.

As for not playing well - we are 3rd in the league FFS! I'd rather see us grind out results with the average players we have and perhaps gain 3rd place, than lose with flair like the Hobos and finish in the bottom six again. What do you prefer?

I would take third and put it in the bank right now. However, we were eighth after the first phase of fixtures, since then we have played the bottom three clubs and scraped wins. Give me rubbish performances against Dundee United, Aberdeen and Hibs and 3 points and I will be delighted.

There are various rumours going around from after the derby about a dressing room bust-up after the game between Kingston and other players, who accused him of not trying a leg. He hasn't played since - no Romanov conspiracy here - just that perhaps he has been dropped to get his attitude sorted.

Funny the rumours that you choose to believe eh?

Francis Albert
For the first time on Saturday I heard Frail categorically deny these rumours.

He was quoted in the summer (June?, certailnly after he "parted company" with Hearts?) saying that it "was his team" and Vlad let him get on with it.

It's amazing how quickly a thread about Hibs can turn into a debate who picks our team. This is almost as bad as when you say something slightly negative about a football team and everyone's like "IRELAND IRELAND IRELAND".

Miller Jambo 60
It's amazing how quickly a thread about Hibs can turn into a debate who picks our team. This is almost as bad as when you say something slightly negative about a football team and everyone's like "IRELAND IRELAND IRELAND".

At the end of the day we are 3rd in the league with a large 7 point gap over the Hibs.

Keep it going Hearts and to all the part timers, get along to Tyne for the Falkirk game.

One downside though,the Romanov haters will have nothing to moan about.

Now that is a shame.:107years::107years::107years::107years:

I know it is true as a friend of mine was told as such by John McGlynn. As for your question the answer is no, source for that? Csaba Laszlo himself. He says that teams are picked "together".

Csaba has never denied that Angel and Korabotchka (sp?) were part of the management team.

He brought in his own assistant, though.

So, the formations could still be decided on together. That is the way it works in Germany, etc. and they have better teams than us.

Yes, for a few reasons. Niemi was a goalkeeper in his thirties with the largest part of his career behind him, also the market had changed significantly between the two players sales with transfer fees rocketing. I will ask you a question, do you think that we could have got ?9m for Niemi back in the early 2000's?

I never thought we would get ?9m for Niemi, but ?4m was the going rate for a proven International keeper, who was arguably the best keeper in Britain at the time.

I can't recall the age we sold him at, but he clearly had many years left in goalkeeping terms. He only retired this season due to injury.

I do not think that Robinson was unlucky, I feel that he made huge errors off the field and his mismanagement led to our huge debt. Romanov has so far got good deals for a bunch of our sales, great figures in for Gordon, Bednar, Skacel and to a lesser extent Hartley. However losing Pressley and Webster for little or nothing, wasting money on Beslija and Pinilla and the money that was turned down for Tall do not do him any favours. In a far shorter time than the pieman, our finances don't look to be getting any better.

Romanov made errors in some of the players brought in, who failed to deliver. Every transfer is a risk - you cannot guarantee the player will do for your club what he does for the club you are buying them from.

Webster shafted us big time, and there isn't much Romanov could do about it. If you recall, he stayed at home in that season's pre-season tour of Ireland to try and force a move to Rangers that we had already turned down.

Pinilla should have been punted a long time before he was, but the signing of Besliga is a mystery. Looks like Romanov got shafted by an agent big time that pushed the player onto us.

So, you do not think that the involvement of Cervenkov in team affairs could have something to do with the same formation that Cervenkov and Korobochka brought in being employed by a new manager? If so then I would suggest you are ignoring the obvious.

Answered this above.

Funny that, many of those average players were not perceived to be average not so long ago. As for unaffordable wages, I assume you include Kingston, Gordon, Tall, Beslija and the "five year deal" kids? All players rewarded by Romanov?

So you would be happy for us to have good young Scottish players that would jump at a bosman to the old firm at the first opportunity?

Hearts have about half a dozen strikers, many rubbish, however you can only pee with the genetalia you have, especially since Laszlo's summer signings were prioritised to Obua and Goalkeeper four and five.

I agree with this - we needed a striker in desperately, but Tullberg who we did sign has only played one first team game.

Funny the rumours that you choose to believe eh?

Rumours are rumours, and there is no guarantee in any truth in them.

Archived