Success storys this season

garethjambo

Eggert Jonsson - Growing and growing as each game passes and only 20 years of age. Can play in a variety of positions, clearly a very talented player, will be a big player for the cub in the near future.

Bruno Aguiar - A real class act when he gets the ball and starts spraying the passes around after being forgot about for a long time, he really is key to making us tick, have been very impressed with him since his comeback. My real worry now is that we have not offered him a new contract. Come on Vlad get your hands out your pocket and give him a 3 year deal!.

Christian Nade - Complete attitude change and is really starting to show us that he is a talented player. Is chasing every ball and this was shown with the goal against hamilton midweek.

Csaba - Seems to know what he is doing, has not really had much time to change things around if you remember he came in very late in pre-season. Will improve as an SPL manager if we give him time. Remember he is still young in managerial terms!.

Anyone else wish to add some positivity to this thread about the season so far??

Eggert Jonsson - Growing and growing as each game passes and only 20 years of age. Can play in a variety of positions, clearly a very talented player, will be a big player for the cub in the near future.

Bruno Aguiar - A real class act when he gets the ball and starts spraying the passes around after being forgot about for a long time, he really is key to making us tick, have been very impressed with him since his comeback. My real worry now is that we have not offered him a new contract. Come on Vlad get your hands out your pocket and give him a 3 year deal!.

Christian Nade - Complete attitude change and is really starting to show us that he is a talented player. Is chasing every ball and this was shown with the goal against hamilton midweek.

Csaba - Seems to know what he is doing, has not really had much time to change things around if you remember he came in very late in pre-season. Will improve as an SPL manager if we give him time. Remember he is still young in managerial terms!.

Anyone else wish to add some positivity to this thread about the season so far??

Don't agree with any of them

Eggert - always a top prospect, looked even better when he first broke through and imo has been treading water the last 18 months, moving him around will only hinder him, needs to be used in one position and left there

Bruno - good run of form and all but he really isnt the world beater people seem to think, he had good performances before and can hit a set piece but if he has the same decline in form he did before he will be a waste of a jersey

Nade - do you really think that a 500k player finally actually giving a stuff is a sucess, for the money and pedigree he should be delivering 10 times what he is

Csaba - the man is a joke, he talks pish, has no football knowledge and his tactics are laughable

Its all great being third but I have no confidence in the team actually continuing to win sadly, as far as I am concerned under Csaba and Vlad we are just a day away from our next major disaster

Prancer, were you one of the fans booing the team off the park against hamilton!?. Surely the fact we are third, no matter what the performances have been like over the last couple of weeks is the main thing?. Football really is all about getting results and we have been doing that. Not really much point playing open attractive football lochend style if we are going to get beat is there?. Csaba may ramble on, however he must be given credit for getting us where we are. Remember it is practically the same team as last season? minus an on form Velicka.

Some people are never really happy!

scott herbertson

Eggert - always a top prospect, looked even better when he first broke through and imo has been treading water the last 18 months, moving him around will only hinder him, needs to be used in one position and left there

Bruno - good run of form and all but he really isnt the world beater people seem to think, he had good performances before and can hit a set piece but if he has the same decline in form he did before he will be a waste of a jersey

Nade - do you really think that a 500k player finally actually giving a stuff is a sucess, for the money and pedigree he should be delivering 10 times what he is

Csaba - the man is a joke, he talks pish, has no football knowledge and his tactics are laughable

Its all great being third but I have no confidence in the team actually continuing to win sadly, as far as I am concerned under Csaba and Vlad we are just a day away from our next major disaster

I wouldn't like to think what you would have said if he had asked fror some negative comments?

:mad:

In answer to the question i think the most positive thing is consistency of selection - we now have a first team and you need to be better than someone in it to break into it. that must be good team bonding and confidence

Prancer, were you one of the fans booing the team off the park against hamilton!?. Surely the fact we are third, no matter what the performances have been like over the last couple of weeks is the main thing?. Football really is all about getting results and we have been doing that. Not really much point playing open attractive football lochend style if we are going to get beat is there?. Csaba may ramble on, however he must be given credit for getting us where we are. Remember it is practically the same team as last season? minus an on form Velicka.

Some people are never really happy!

We are third but you need to remember who we have beaten and the manner of the results.

ICT in particular have been terrible this season

There would be something far wrong if we didnt beat them, I am happy enough for us to ground out results and push up the table, but I am not going to let that kid myself

We are not playing like a team who should be third and imo we always look one game from a hammering.

Its all ok sitting back but you have to have confidence in the solidity at the back, and for me we still have a questionable goalkeeper and a lack of quality in midfield to support that

As for the consistency, maybe its mostly the same players but there is no consistency in positions or performances from individuals.

As for positives of the season - I honestly cant say there is one person performing far better than they should be, we are still not getting our moneys worth from this squad and tbh for the wages and cash spent on this team they should be third.

Its also dissapointing that people like Rapnik, Brown, McGowan, Templeton etc still cant get a look in.

Hmm not sure.

Jonsson - the guy has good attributes but is very overhyped. A good athlete but not a good passer. I think there is still a lot of room for improvement.

As for Nade and Aguiar - they were clearly good players. Nade has screwed the nut a bit more this season although most of the flak he got last season was unreal, he was playing up front alone in the weakest and most defensive Hearts side I've ever seen and people were getting upset because he wasn't chasing down fullbacks!

Lazlo - mixed. He has done some good things i.e the way he has got through to Nade and in general he seems to be a good man manager.

However we are still far too defensive, and it will be interesting to see if he gets to make any signings in Jan and what positions he looks to strengthen. We are better than last year in that we look pretty solid (barring Zals concentration lapses) and pretty well organised but the football is still poor.

scott herbertson
We are third but you need to remember who we have beaten and the manner of the results.

There would be something far wrong if we didnt beat them, I am happy enough for us to ground out results and push up the table, but I am not going to let that kid myself

This would be the IC that lost narrowly to Celtic at home recently and beat Hibs at ER last week?

This would be the IC that lost narrowly to Celtic at home recently and beat Hibs at ER last week?

The same Inverness who are 3rd from bottom with just 14 points and who have lost 8 from 14 games and 2 draws from 14.

There only wins being against Hibs,Aberdeen, Falkirk and Kilmarnock, most of them in the first month of the season

Aye your right 1-0 against that lot is phenomenal.

scott herbertson
The same Inverness who are 3rd from bottom with just 14 points and who have lost 8 from 14 games and 2 draws from 14.

There only wins being against Hibs,Aberdeen, Falkirk and Kilmarnock, most of them in the first month of the season

I didn't say it was phenomenal.

You did say, however, that ICT have been "terrible this season"

Plainly they haven't.

They are a tough side to beat and their record shows it - I'm delighted we beat them

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Christophe Berra- has been immense marshelling a changeable back four hardly puting a foot wrong & as with a lot of quality players you sometimes dont see what he brings until he is missing.

Hopefully that wont be for a while yet.

A new foreign manager with no experience of the SPL that has got us sitting in 3rd place after such a short period of time is nothing short of astounding.

Hmm not sure.

Jonsson - the guy has good attributes but is very overhyped. A good athlete but not a good passer. I think there is still a lot of room for improvement.

As for Nade and Aguiar - they were clearly good players. Nade has screwed the nut a bit more this season although most of the flak he got last season was unreal, he was playing up front alone in the weakest and most defensive Hearts side I've ever seen and people were getting upset because he wasn't chasing down fullbacks!

Lazlo - mixed. He has done some good things i.e the way he has got through to Nade and in general he seems to be a good man manager.

However we are still far too defensive, and it will be interesting to see if he gets to make any signings in Jan and what positions he looks to strengthen. We are better than last year in that we look pretty solid (barring Zals concentration lapses) and pretty well organised but the football is still poor.

I think that Csaba is still learning as a manager and I am very sure that he will get better. Remember it must be difficult to come to a foreign country where the language spoken is your 3rd or 4th one, pick up a team that has absolutley no confidence and make them believe in themselves and bring them closer together, adapt to the League in such a short period of time and gain respect from the players. I think he has done very well SO FAR. Just ask Juande Ramos how difficult it can be!!.

Aw right Csaba

I think that Csaba is still learning as a manager and I am very sure that he will get better. Remember it must be difficult to come to a foreign country where the language spoken is your 3rd or 4th one, pick up a team that has absolutley no confidence and make them believe in themselves and bring them closer together, adapt to the League in such a short period of time and gain respect from the players. I think he has done very well SO FAR. Just ask Juande Ramos how difficult it can be!!.

I agree with you up to a point. As I say he is clearly a good man manager and the team undoubtedly has a better shape.

I don't like the fact that he only uses one formation though and I have to agree with Prancer (on one point) that some of the younger players should be getting a chance, I'd particularly like to see Templeton given a chance as a second striker or on the right wing. Also Mole should be nowhere near the team, and Gary Glen not even being used as a sub is a bit discouraging. In fact his substitutions have in general been quite poor.

Hopefully he is able to sign a couple of players in Jan and the team is given a little more freedom because we really do need more creativity and movement in the midfield and up front.

As for other positives: Lee Wallace looks to be over the shocking form he was suffering and Berra continues to be steady.

The fat Finn is doing a sterling job for us so far so he has to go down as a success story.:)

Pathetic

Guys like you will never be happy

Were you at the game yesterday ??

rudi must stay

don't think they're laughable at all. They are the reason we are in third right now. No footballing knowledge? Not sure how you can say that, he is a manager after all and has been for a few years now

reserves and u19s. reserves had a good unbeaten run, very young team too-apart from juho. u19s look good, team doesnt change that often and get good results. players like templeton, rapnik and husband look very good.

first team- berra has been great this season especially the last 3 games- man of the match in all of them i think and kept a clean sheet in all.

bruno coming back from injury and playing very well.

nade looks alot better in recent matches and looks fitter to.

jamboinglasgow
reserves and u19s. reserves had a good unbeaten run, very young team too-apart from juho. u19s look good, team doesnt change that often and get good results. players like templeton, rapnik and husband look very good.

first team- berra has been great this season especially the last 3 games- man of the match in all of them i think and kept a clean sheet in all.

bruno coming back from injury and playing very well.

nade looks alot better in recent matches and looks fitter to.

was going to say that as well, the way the reserves and U19s have been playing shows there is some raw talent out there in Hearts. Csaba is fine tuning it or developing it so that it is ready for the first team. To me their results and way they are playing are examples of this.

And players shining under the reserves and U19s are as said above Templeton, rapnik, Husband and also Cowans, Delands, Balatoni. But one i think is a real success story is Craig Thomson. Ask anyone who has seen the U19s this season and they will rave about him. Against Celtic at the weekend he set up two goals and scored the third. He is a player that will be better than Hutton. Destroys other U19 teams and could well be moved up to the reserves if not in January than definatly next year. And all this in his first year in the U19s. We need patientice with him like all U19s and he may not make it but if he continues this season like he started he will well be the hidden success story of the season.

p.s. off topic but does anyone know how much longer Scott Robinson and Rocky Visconte will be out for?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Very gradually there are some positive signs that Csaba might at least have a bit of a clue. He's taken the same crap players from 8th to 3rd. Neilson, Stewart and Berra all have positive things to say about him. Nade looks a different player. Jonsson is growing into fine player. Bruno is threatening to deliver what he looked like he might be capable of.

Downsides are the continued loitering of AK and AC. I would be a happy Jambo if these two were booted. And 1 up front is just the absolute frickin' pits.

Ah good old Prancer....the 21 year old fitbaw genius! I honestly don't know where this board would be without his constant negative drivel :rolleyes:

Considering the pesh this bunch of players subjected us to last season I'm amazed we've managed to find some form, battle away especially when coming from going a goal behind and get results at grounds we would have struggled at in the past.

Fair play the standard hasn't been mouthwatering but points = prizes in this game. Long may it continue.

Anyway back to the OP suck siss story :) for me this season has been clear unity within the squad and the urge to fight for each other on the park.

Downsides are the continued loitering of AK and AC. I would be a happy Jambo if these two were booted. And 1 up front is just the absolute frickin' pits.

Ac is doing ok with the reserves, he was not so good with the 1st team but he is doing fine just now.

Broxburn Jambo

There would be something far wrong if we didn't beat them, I am happy enough for us to ground out results and push up the table, but I am not going to let that kid myself

We are not playing like a team who should be third and imo we always look one game from a hammering.

Its all ok sitting back but you have to have confidence in the solidity at the back, and for me we still have a questionable goalkeeper and a lack of quality in midfield to support that

As for the consistency, maybe its mostly the same players but there is no consistency in positions or performances from individuals.

As for positives of the season - I honestly cant say there is one person performing far better than they should be, we are still not getting our moneys worth from this squad and tbh for the wages and cash spent on this team they should be third.

Its also dissapointing that people like Rapnik, Brown, McGowan, Templeton etc still cant get a look in.

Prancer, It is official, you are a complete f@nny.

What have we to measure our performances against?

The top two who this weekend beat Hamilton and St Mirren by the odd goal!!!

Please go away and think of something sensible to post:mad:

Berra - Growing in stature. A future Scotland captain without doubt!

Only negative is the reindeer still posting on here!!

We are third but you need to remember who we have beaten

I have always hated this kind of comment...they are all SPL clubs.

You get the same number of points for beating St Mirren, Hamilton and Inverness as you do for beating Rangers, Celtic and Dundee United.

Agree with OP on Nade, Bruno and Eggert but our manager will be judged at end of season.

Also agree with Jambograham. If we had`nt beaten StMidden, Hamilton and Snecky this place would be in uproar.

When we`ve looked at a little set of games coming up in the past against so called smaller clubs, we`ve thought there`s plenty points to be won only to be let down.

This time we got the points and have set ourselves up nicely for two home games in a row.

We`ve got along way to go but the players have given themselves something to bite into now and realise there`s a chance to break away from the teams below.

Important to take 4 points at minimum from next two games imo.

neverlikedElvis

IMO this season has been a success. we've signed two decent goalies. look difficult to beat and quite solid. bruno being back is like a new signing. the midfield is ok. we're short of any real quality up front but nade is improving. shabba has done well with the squad of players he has, the team looks fitter and more organised. we look ok. the football isn't pretty but ffs when has it been?

plus burley is being found out at scatland and the fat finn has turned the hobos into a laughing stock.

Didnt you think Laudrup had an unsuccesful career?! Your opinion is really valid!

Prancer - I really don't understand why you bother following Hearts mate. It seems to be they do nothing but make your lif miserable!

Lots of positives for me.

Csaba seems to be in control. Whether we agree with his tactics, player position decisions and substitutions or not, the consistency in team selection has convinced me that the final footballing decisions are his and his alone. He is passionate and seems to be getting the best out of what was a bottom six squad last year. Third is maybe a slightly false postion, but we look more of a top 6 team and that's progress as far as I'm concerned.

Stewart, Wallace, Berra, Driver and Nade have improved massively this season (even allowing for Stewart's recent dip in form). Csaba gets credit for that from me.

Miko was involved most weeks on merit as opposed to nationality until his injury. Very different to recent years. Haste ye back.

The teams look to have a bit more dig/fight about them. Csaba instilled this.

By all accounts the U19s and reserves have improved. Seems to me they have all responded to the new manager.

Bruno Aguiar is like a new signing.

And Mixu's performance in Leef is a huge positive for us!!

3 points grumpy!!!!:)

Miller Jambo 60

Aye we just beat Hamilton, the same team that just lost to Celtic.

Just won against St Mirren away, now did they not beat Rangers.

Prancer are you a Hearts fan or just someone who constantly wants to argue with other posters.

As for the OPs question yes there has been positives this season.

Dougstar.

Jamboscanbevicius

I agree with the OP, and would add to that:

Balogh and Kello - It is not easy to find a good, solid keeper especially after having been spoiled with Gordon and Niemi in recent years. Both these lads look like decent young keepers though. Not saying they are world class but they are a hell of a lot better than Kurskis!

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Wallace :rubeyes::rubeyes::dribble:

has been an outstanding success under Csaba!!!

I was one of Wallace's detractors earlier in the year but in the last four games he has been absolutely transformed. I'm truly impressed.

Also, Csaba :mw_confused::unsure::smile::cheese:

He has no real goal threat in the side so he has made Hearts very difficult to beat. Instead of keeping play open in the hope that we score, he has tightened things up (I hope this is till we get a striker or two in the side during the transfer window). It's not pretty but tactically it's perfect.

Call the papers! Prancer in totally negative thread shocker!

Why bother being a fan?

Given how difficult it must be to play between Marius Zaliukas and (at times) Lee Wallace, I think Christophe Berra has been outstanding this season. He is finally starting to add some leadership qualities to his ability and stoicism. I hope we can hang on to him in January. He is the only real success story of the season so far for me.

Honorable mentions go to Eggert Jonsson, who continues to do his best despite being played out of position; Lee Wallace, who has at least stabilised somewhat after a horrific start to the campaign; and Bruno Aguiar, who has been much more effective since his return than he ever was before his injury, and is certainly making me eat my words.

Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, and Robbie Neilson have been hampered by lack of fitness, while Michael Stewart continues to hamper himself with his own indiscipline, but there's potential for all of them to beome more influential over the winter months. If these eight players can all push on, and we don't lose too many of them in the planned January fire sale, then we could still be in contention for top six come March.

The rest of the players would not be missed.

Given how difficult it must be to play between Marius Zaliukas and (at times) Lee Wallace, I think Christophe Berra has been outstanding this season. He is finally starting to add some leadership qualities to his ability and stoicism. I hope we can hang on to him in January. He is the only real success story of the season so far for me.

Honorable mentions go to Eggert Jonsson, who continues to do his best despite being played out of position; Lee Wallace, who has at least stabilised somewhat after a horrific start to the campaign; and Bruno Aguiar, who has been much more effective since his return than he ever was before his injury, and is certainly making me eat my words.

Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, and Robbie Neilson have been hampered by lack of fitness, while Michael Stewart continues to hamper himself with his own indiscipline, but there's potential for all of them to beome more influential over the winter months. If these eight players can all push on, and we don't lose too many of them in the planned January fire sale, then we could still be in contention for top six come March.

The rest of the players would not be missed.

Agree with all points CTC.

That is the important group of players.

Wallace :rubeyes::rubeyes::dribble:

has been an outstanding success under Csaba!!!

I was one of Wallace's detractors earlier in the year but in the last four games he has been absolutely transformed. I'm truly impressed.

Also, Csaba :mw_confused::unsure::smile::cheese:

He has no real goal threat in the side so he has made Hearts very difficult to beat. Instead of keeping play open in the hope that we score, he has tightened things up (I hope this is till we get a striker or two in the side during the transfer window). It's not pretty but tactically it's perfect.

Boooooo!

Wallace was good again on Saturday and not many people have spoken about how Robbie and Eggert were overlapping each other to great effect, I can certainly see good signs of the tactical approach working along with improved performances from individuals

Walter Bishop

Sorry but totally disagree with you on all points,

Jonsson - Just cant see what people see in him, mediocre at best.

Aguiar - Always was a class act

Nade - Losing a bit of weight ios hardly successful!!

Csaba - The guy is a puppet, that talks sheeite to save Vlad the hassle of doing so!!

Only success for me has been the emergence of Berra as a leader and a captain especially the last 3 or 4 games. Other than that another woeful season im afraid.

Away you go and support Rangers you negative erse.

Archived