Favourite Hearts strip?

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

the late 70s/early 80s umbro diamond one. Had the home and the away and the tracksuit (the last bought in the Lilywhite's sale).

A timeless classic ...

robbo3.jpg

Just because.

Me too, but it brings back painful memories everytime I see it!

JJ

Charlie-Brown

The silver strip was really nice but it got us silver medals, I've always thought we should try having a gold strip..... :)

The one-off kit they wore in the 1996/1997 Diddy Cup final was a stonker. Simple design and exactly the right shade of maroon. Perfection.

Aside from that it has to be the Busby-era kit that's been mentioned already.

couple of my favourites are the coca cola cup top, also worn against red star belgrade.

and the umbro diamonds down the sleeves, although i only have the goalie top from that era.

kit_thumb.jpg

The People's Chimp
The one-off kit they wore in the 1996/1997 Diddy Cup final was a stonker. Simple design and exactly the right shade of maroon. Perfection.

Yip, that was the best strip we've had. The shade of maroon was spot on. As you say, perfection.

Totally agree, was a quality strip.

PLEASE let us go back to maroon tops and white shorts :mad:

Seconded.

I actually do care about the design. It should be as simple, clean and unfussy as possible.

My dad says the Ajax strip was his fav one and wishes they would bring it back.

They did "for one night only",well day really,Leveins testimonial game fecking years back,still got the strip some where in me ouse.

The maroon strip of the fifties, white collar, no badges advertising or other doodads, white shorts, black socks with the maroon and white hoops on top. The fact that these strips were filled with Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh also made them look special.:P

Totally agree. Best by some distance.

The "vintage" (term used depending on age) strip with the white Umbro bit all the way down the arms was cracking also.

rudi must stay
Hello all

Trying to decide what to put on the website next. http://www.jambojimsjewels.co.uk

Can you all let me know what your favourite Hearts strip is and why?

Cheers

JJ

the strip that we wore on the cup final in 97/98. always reminds me of the cup final, was also the first kit i ever bought

Quite possibly the most sensible thing to every come from yourself.

Was a fantastic strip. The boy who sat next to me at the time managed to catch one (think it was Stevie Frail's) at the game.

FWIW despite the loss that is still one of the best games of football I've ever been to.

Quite possibly the most sensible thing to every come from yourself.

Thanks Togster. I shall reciprocate if you ever say anything even remotely sensible. :)

Victor Meldrew
FWIW despite the loss that is still one of the best games of football I've ever been to.

Have to agree with that.

As for strips, I loved the Bukta strip we wore for 1987/88: plain, dark maroon with a large white and maroon v-neck

I'll go for the first full strip that i got the Ajax one.

The umbro diamond sleeve was class aswell had the home and away stips.

Guest Fabuloso

Totally agree with the league cup final strip mentioned above. Anyone got a picture they can post for old times sake? Robbo rather than Baggio if poss.

What was especially great about the strip was the socks - maroon with white tops.

The shade of maroon was the best I have ever seen by miles.

By the way why are we copying thre hibs this season and playing in a one colour strip - it is just not right!!!

Totally agree with the league cup final strip mentioned above. Anyone got a picture they can post for old times sake? Robbo rather than Baggio if poss.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1310&d=1226861837

this should be better than the one i posted earlier.

Candy strip for me starting going early 60's.

Yes. Still think that should be our "change" strip. Forget about "away" strips.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1310&d=1226861837

this should be better than the one i posted earlier.

I think this jersey on your avatar {Remembrance}is easily the best ever John.As far as I know only a few special ones were issued.Any chance of a more affordable version being issued ?I would be very proud to wear this jersey.

The first "silky" strip c1982

Alexanders were the sponsor? Nice thick white V-neck and plain maroon.

Class.

mackay83.jpg

I think that photo was on promotion day at Dumbarton,I got Davie Bowmans strip off him that day...lost it moving house:(

I think that photo was on promotion day at Dumbarton,I got Davie Bowmans strip off him that day...lost it moving house:(

arthur-montford.jpg

Disaster for Scotland! :eek:

berrathanhibs

my fav top was the black n blue inter milan style strip cause a bought it my self bye havin my head circled in the pink. won twenty five quid. good times

my fav top was the black n blue inter milan style strip cause a bought it my self bye havin my head circled in the pink. won twenty five quid. good times

That is my MrsJambojim's favourite top.

JJ

Archived