Same old story

RoaldJensen

sorry folks, but I saw Hearts beating St Mirren and Hamilton thirty years ago.

Dont any of you think that it is an absolute disgrace that the premier football club in the capital city of a country as small as Scotland should be celebrating the fact that it's half a century since it won its national league?

Pathetic.

Sorry, but it really is dire.

Hibs are worse but that is no consulation

Dont any of you think that it is an absolute disgrace that the premier football club in the capital city of a country as small as Scotland should be celebrating the fact that it's half a century since it won its national league?

Pathetic.

You're a sad old wind-up merchant. There are many on this board who do a more professional job than you aspire to.

You're a sad old wind-up merchant. There are many on this board who do a more professional job than you aspire to.

I'm not sure he's a windup merchant, Chip; I just think he likes a drink or five. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pathetic.

Yep, it's tragic.

Fetch me the razor blades! :rolleyes:

Pathetic.

Did I miss a party or something? I live in East Kilbride so don't know what has been going on in Gorgie Road this evening, but I haven't seen anything on the sports news about thousands of hearts fans out singing in the streets about our wonderful league record, phew, how random is that?.

If it's league titles you want I suggest you stop supporting Hearts, 'cos it ain't gonna happen soon.

Something else I don't really get, when one of us points out that we are 3rd in the league someone else says, yeah but we're only the best out of a crap bunch, but surely that's all we have to be, we are a mediocre team in a mediocre league, but third is third, end of story. And yes, I am happy with that, it's the best we can expect at the moment as we, like all the other mediocre teams in our mediocre league are nowhere near the OF. The sooner they feck off to Engerlund the better. We are the best of the rest, back where we belong, third in line to the throne (even if it does turn out to be just for a week).

By the way for those of you who still don't think we have progressed. At this stage in the season last season we were sitting in 7th (Hibs were in third) with 19 points, we now have 23, in a league that was just as tight as this year (14 points separating 3rd to 11th while this season it's 12 points), this time last season we had just handed the mighty Gretna their 5th point of the season, and we had 24 goals in the goals against column compared with this season's 19. You know we were playing the same pishy teams last season as we are this season with the exception of Hamilton, the difference this time round is 4 points and 4 league places, that's progress in my book, or is that pesky league table lying again.

Pathetic.

Completely agree

MIXU MUST STAY!

Charlie-Brown

You could have said exactly the same in the 1950's except back then it was even longer since we had won the league until eventually we did win it in 57-58 & 59-60. Non Old Firm clubs winning the title is a relatively rare thing in Scotland over the history of our game. No other non-Old Firm club has won any more titles than Hearts.

Here's the stats below

Club Winners Runners-up

Rangers 51 29

Celtic 42 28

Heart of Midlothian 4 14

Aberdeen 4 13

Hibernian 4 6

Dumbarton 2 0

Motherwell 1 5

Dundee 1 4

Kilmarnock 1 4

Dundee United 1 0

Third Lanark 1 0

Airdrieonians 0 4

Falkirk 0 2

Morton 0 1

Pathetic.

:troll:

Chad Sexington

Pathetic.

I love being told what a crap fan I am by drunken old ex-pats.

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure he's a windup merchant, Chip; I just think he likes a drink or five. :)

Just like you like a "What can we do to save our club?" posting whenever we lose! Funny how the drama-queenery never seems to appear when we win! ;)

Pathetic.

Hic*

Chad Sexington
Just like you like a "What can we do to save our club?" posting whenever we lose! Funny how the drama-queenery never seems to appear when we win! ;)

Shhhh...or you wont get to join Shaun's pressure group. ;)

Shhhh...or you wont get to join Shaun's pressure group. ;)

CHARMing! :eek:

Is this the joint attempt by SL and LL to unite the footballing city of Edinburgh?

I can confirm that RJ is indeed a hobo. He even takes the disguise as far as walking about Cyprus wearing Hearts tops for all to see and pinching toilet signs from the Merchie. :)

I cannot comment on his alcohol levels however. ;)

I can confirm that RJ is indeed a hobo. He even takes the disguise as far as walking about Cyprus wearing Hearts tops for all to see and pinching toilet signs from the Merchie. :)

I can also confirm that RJ is a Hobo - not!

My post was not aimed at RJ Dave - more at someone that stuck a pin in the map that just happen to land on 'Edinburgh'. :P

I can also confirm that RJ is a Hobo - not!

My post was not aimed at RJ Dave - more at someone that stuck a pin in the map that just happen to land on 'Edinburgh'. :P

Apologies, misread the post.

.....and attending pre-season friendlies in Hull.

RJ watching us watching you watching us. ;)

I can definitely comment on his alcohol intake and if you look not too closely, you'll discover where he buys it from! :P

DSC00120.jpg

Archived