New Star Trek movie

bighusref

Watched a dodgy quality video of the trailer on a well known video sharing site earlier. As bad as the quality was, it looks to be a superb movie. I am really looking forward to this.

J.J. Abrams looks to have revitalised the theme, Quinto and Cho looking convincing as younger Spock's and Sulu's respectively, and from what I could tell from the quality, the special effects look to be impressive. The trailer will be on the official site about this time on Monday for those put off by poor quality versions.

Anybody else looking forward to this movie release?

Watched a dodgy quality video of the trailer on a well known video sharing site earlier. As bad as the quality was, it looks to be a superb movie. I am really looking forward to this.

J.J. Abrams looks to have revitalised the theme, Quinto and Cho looking convincing as younger Spock's and Sulu's respectively, and from what I could tell from the quality, the special effects look to be impressive. The trailer will be on the official site about this time on Monday for those put off by poor quality versions.

No:p

Looks like the darts to me, and I have to admit I think Star Trek is keek.

Not sure about Simon Pegg with a dodgy Scottish accent mind.

:eek:

Although I'm not a "trekkie," I do really enjoy the original series, the Next Generation and their films. (I never really watched any of the other star trek shows.) This JJ Abrams film...it doesn't look like Star Trek. The trailer resembles a cross of Star Trek characters and a Michael Bay visual style: glossy, quick cuts, no substance. Yes, it's only a trailer, and, yes, trailers now seem to be edited in this hyper-kinetic style, but there's no sense of the junk intellectualism, self-awareness or, well, heart of the previous films and series thast left such an indelible mark.

For those who watch Trek films, there's a general rule that odd numbered films suck. Well, on the basis of the trailer and other information, i have a feeling that this is going to be the worst of the odd...

Chad Sexington

Will you be going dressed like this?

spock_003.jpg

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

:P

I'll admit to being a Trekker.

Not quite at the USS Ardent stage, but I've considered it.

Anyway, I'm excited about the new movie, JJ Abrams has made some top TV and movies, Lost, Alias, MI:3 and I'm sure the franchise is in good hands.

I'll admit to being a Trekker.

Not quite at the USS Ardent stage, but I've considered it.

Anyway, I'm excited about the new movie, JJ Abrams has made some top TV and movies, Lost, Alias, MI:3 and I'm sure the franchise is in good hands.

If you know about the USS Ardent you are probably a Trekker! I found out about them yesterday in my SFX magazine!

This does not look like Star Trek at all. Even my non Trek Fan friends say it looks good!

If you know about the USS Ardent you are probably a Trekker! I found out about them yesterday in my SFX magazine!

This does not look like Star Trek at all. Even my non Trek Fan friends say it looks good!

If there was just one man I knew would get the USS Ardent reference it was you!

So do you want to go?

Will you be going dressed like this?

spock_003.jpg

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

:P

The best thing about that picture, is you have a pullover just like that, and wore it to the book launch!

I have the fake ears and ray gun though. :(

Generic Username

It's a film that will either crash or burn.

Star Trek is a hard franchise to take on and try to give a new lease of life to, it'll be interesting to see how Abrams does.

Think I'll wait till it's been out a few months before venturing off to the cinema to see it so I'm not surrounded by 40 somethings dressed as Captain Kirk, sporting erections and ray guns.

Archived