Am i the only one....

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

... who couldnt give 2 ****s how we win, as long as we do. Again, didn't sound like a classic today but a win is a win and we are currently sitting in third place. It would be lovely to be knocking it about and scoring bucket loads but as God said to Noah on the sermon on the mount "you can only **** with the ****** you've got". Maybe

The travellers from Lochend still perpetuate this myth that they play good football. And a lot of good thats doing them. It might not be great to watch but its affective and Craig Levein seemed to make a career off the back of it. We just got to keep on keeping on

If you cant win then you dont get any success such as trophies, european football etc.

Ill take 3 points over anything as that is what matters most.

IT'S NOT THE WAY YOU PLAY THE GAME. BUT WETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE ..............................

I agree, winning ugly gets the same amount of points as a 5-0 thrashing.

I'd be happy with 7 1-0 victories in the next 8 games and even if we were to lose to Celtic, I'd be very pleased. By mid-January, we could potentially be title contenders, if the OF drop 5 or so points between now and then, we could be within 6 points of the top:rolleyes:

Although I'd be pleased with 3rd.:)

letsalllaughathobos

the last 3 games have been a vital point in our season and we have won 3 out of 3.

who cares how we did it we done it.

well done hearts.

its been a while since we where in 3rd place after this amount of games.

you can feel the confidence returning,i still cant see why there are so many other doom and gloom merchants on other treads.

there will not be many teams who go to inverness and win at this time of the year.

feel good factor has returned.

I agree. I would take 38 crap, ****e 1-0 performances. Basically, I want Heart of Midlothian FC to win, that is all that counts.

I'd rather we played crap and won, than played great and lost. Not nice to watch but there's nothing worse than playing great football and being robbed of the points.

Italian Lambretta

The main objective as far as I can see is to get to January and try to be at least in the top for at best and at the very least somewhere in the top six.

Csaba inherited the team from last year and is still rebuilding. We're are not playing the silky stuff we saw under the Burley era, but we are now starting to look solid and we are picking up wins we didn't last season.

Lets get to January in 3rd spot and then see what Vlads willing to do to assist Csaba to takes to another level.

a win over playing nice football and not winning works for me every time.imagine this place if we start playing good football but not winning

Horatio Caine

There's some absolutely belting quotes on this thread. They will no doubt find their way on to wearemuchbetteratflairthanthehoofballyamsbutwestillcantwin.net

I do however agree. A win is a win. 3 points are better than one, or none at all. The OF don't mind narrow wins. And we've had 3 shut outs in a row. That's fine.

marshallschunkychicken
... as God said to Noah on the sermon on the mount "you can only **** with the ****** you've got". ...

:laugh:

Drylaw Hearts

Winning is the most important thing obviously - anyone who says differently is a choob.

But I would like to win with a bit style and play so well the fans are leaving the stadium thinking "how good were we today!!".

I can't remember the last time I did that.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Winning is the most important thing obviously - anyone who says differently is a choob.

But I would like to win with a bit style and play so well the fans are leaving the stadium thinking "how good were we today!!".

Support Man U then !

Geoff Kilpatrick

The more 1-0 wins we have, the more our fans primary concern will be our position in the table.

That said, if we start losing when we play ugly then fans hackles are up because they feel 'cheated', i.e. there was nothing to enjoy about the occasion.

I know this sounds pretty sad but, I can't wait to get back to work on Monday.

It is the most satisfying thing in the world to have a winning Hearts when you're surrounded by hobos and weedgies at work.

3 straight wins and 3 clean sheets and sitting 3rd in the league will make Monday - Friday so much easier to get through!:)

portobellojambo1
As the great man says.....

At the end of the day everyone is judged by results, if HMFC are in the mix I will happily argue about other things, like the size of my 16.5" dick (ladies queue up, and dispose of your kegs, I feel like reproducing our species).

I completely agree with this - winning with a bit style and play is what Csaba should be aiming for. Too many people forget that football is supposed to be a source of entertainment.

However, there are times when this should take second place. A windy day at Inverness is definitely one such time! Also, we are in a period of transition (assuming Csaba will be given time) - not all of the current squad are up to the task of winning with style and play so that only leaves graft until the squad is improved.

Saying that, there is a fine line between prodcucing a bit style and play, and producing success. We don't want to end up sounding like the tramps over at flairmeisters dot com in Leef.

The Old Tolbooth

Hobo :P

Kidding btw mate ;)

The Old Tolbooth
At the end of the day everyone is judged by results, if HMFC are in the mix I will happily argue about other things, like the size of my 16.5" dick (ladies queue up, and dispose of your kegs, I feel like reproducing our species).

:eek:

I want a pint of what you've been on mate!!

(I also want a loan of you inaccurate measuring tape :P)

Drylaw Hearts
Support Man U then !

Why ?

I'd rather Hearts played better football and were a great team to watch.

Don't you ?

winston churchill

do they dish out an extra point for disco football.

ps

the balogh is the daddy.

portobellojambo1
:eek:

I want a pint of what you've been on mate!!

(I also want a loan of you inaccurate measuring tape :P)

I want a pint of it as well john, I wert all the way up to sheep molesting land to be told "you are not getting in because the person you are with is ****ed" and thought to myself "feck you, i am going to get revenge".

As for me penis, it may have been a continental measuirbg tape which changed dramatically following the financail problems !!!!!!!!! :)

Drylaw Hearts
I completely agree with this - winning with a bit style and play is what Csaba should be aiming for. Too many people forget that football is supposed to be a source of entertainment.

However, there are times when this should take second place. A windy day at Inverness is definitely one such time! Also, we are in a period of transition (assuming Csaba will be given time) - not all of the current squad are up to the task of winning with style and play so that only leaves graft until the squad is improved.

Saying that, there is a fine line between prodcucing a bit style and play, and producing success. We don't want to end up sounding like the tramps over at flairmeisters dot com in Leef.

I agree.

I just want to leave a game thinking we were brilliant.

I want a pint of it as well john, I wert all the way up to sheep molesting land to be told "you are not getting in because the person you are with is ****ed" and thought to myself "feck you, i am going to get revenge".

As for me penis, it may have been a continetal measuirbg tape which changed dramatically following the financail problems !!!!!!!!! :)

:arf:

You may well have been sober whilst attempting to enter the ground Iain, having read your last few posts, I'd guess you aren't now.

:)

Everyone looks at things differently but I see the same p*ss poor team as last season which has been moulded into a winning unit with (slightly) more confidence thanks to the best man-manager we've had at the club in years.

We started off playing excellent football but didn't always get results (Rangera and Falkirk away were energetic performances but we still lost) and maybe this dented our confidence. Our confidence was definately shot to pieces at Tannadice and so Csaba worked on playing tight games and taking our chances.

Now we're doing this and whatever you think of the standard of the SPL, keeping 3 clean sheets in a row is no easy task.

Csaba inherited this team with pre-season plans already set and with little time to add to or remove from his squad. Just because we are a "big" club doesn't mean we should automatically bounce back from an 8th place finish so as far as I'm concerned I won't be shouting for Csaba's head or otherwise until next January at the earliest (as long as we don't get relegated!).

It's going to take time to repair the damage of the last few years at Hearts and I'm happy with the changes we've already seem in the likes of Nade, Stewart and Berra.

The majority of the rest of Scotland is happy to knock us - it's time we got together to support our club.

Drylaw Hearts
do they dish out an extra point for disco football.

ps

the balogh is the daddy.

No they don't give out extra points TISWAS.

But I recall VR stating that he wasn't taking his wife back to another match until the football we were playing improved.

He may even have used that awful expression made famous by Ruud Guillet - Sexy Football.

We don't look like we're ever going to destroy a team and I absolutely love it when we've hammered a team into the ground.

It makes the match so much more enjoyable.

Is it wrong to want that ?

ps The Balogh is a diddy.

The majority of the rest of Scotland is happy to knock us - it's time we got together to support our club.

:Agree:

Well said.

Why ?

I'd rather Hearts played better football and were a great team to watch.

Don't you ?

Would you rather Heart of Midlothian played fantastic but had failed to win against the previous 3 apparent gash teams? Having failed to secure the expected victories then I would have taken cover within my underground bunker.... (meltdown).

Anyway, what level of pish do people think we are currently at? (Within the context of Scottish Fitba') At this time; 3rd most potent but really....?

portobellojambo1
:arf:

You may well have been sober whilst attempting to enter the ground Iain, having read your last few posts, I'd guess you aren't now.

:)

The thing is JF I don't mind copping the whack, when guilty, and i don't mind admitting when i am ****ed, and on the way home I did wire into the drink big style (maybe because I was ****ed off). But when i arrived at the stadium I was sober, and will use that (i can be a shop front when I dig my heels in, scores to date ?100K+ all told (thank you The Sun and Co, ya repulican feckwits, when I dig my heels in, if it benefits HMFC so much the better).

john brownlee

how about when you won 0-7

The thing is JF I don't mind copping the whack, when guilty, and i don't mind admitting when i am ****ed, and on the way home I did wire into the drink big style (maybe because I was ****ed off). But when i arrived at the stadium I was sober, and will use that (i can be a shop front when I dig my heels in, scores to date ?100K+ all told (thank you The Sun and Co, ya repulican feckwits, when I dig my heels in, if it benefits HMFC so much the better).

Iain, step away from that computer mate....it's loaded!! :eek:

Drylaw Hearts
Would you rather Heart of Midlothian played fantastic but had failed to win against the previous 3 apparent gash teams? Having failed to secure the expected victories then I would have taken cover within my underground bunker.... (meltdown).

As 've said.......

3 points is THEE most importnat factor.

But don't you agree it would nice leaving the ground thinking we'd just played a team off the park whilst collecting all 3 points ?

It's been a while !!

Anyway, what level of pish do people think we are currently at? (Within the context of Scottish Fitba') At this time; 3rd most potent but really....?

Pish Levels :

I think we are in the group of teams that site below Dundee Utd, well below the OF (obviously) and a wee bit above St Mirren and Hamilton.

When I start at Scot Eq, it's nice to know that there's someone that will be able to understand my usual Friday afternoon post (pub) lunch e-mails...

Joking apart, I hope you do get somewhere if you take what happened today further.

Drylaw Hearts
how about when you won 0-7

I've never been to a match where Hearts have won 0-7.

However......

I have been to a match when we won 7-0 .

It was v Hamilton in 1987/88 and I witnessed Sandy Jardine score with a cracking free-kick into the Gorgie Rd end.

That was the only goal I saw SJ score for Hearts.

I've never been to a match where Hearts have won 0-7.

However......

I have been to a match when we won 7-0 .

It was v Hamilton in 1987/88 and I witnessed Sandy Jardine score with a cracking free-kick into the Gorgie Rd end.

That was the only goal I saw SJ score for Hearts.

I was there.

We were 5 nil up at half time.

portobellojambo1
Iain, step away from that computer mate....it's loaded!! :eek:

I cannot go into details, but I am not joking dave, The Sun printed something, we sued them, we, as a family won, but I will accept what you are saying, and step back and watch a film before retiring for this evening ( and I trust the JKB admin team will take into account I have said nothing with regards to the dead wood we are carrying!!!!!!!! :P).

I was there.

We were 5 nil up at half time.

So was I. Seem to remember Allan Moore coming on as a sub and running them riot. Think it was his debut?

mate once again sorry you and our other friend :)did not get in ,you have to ask what planet the stewards were on WHEN I GOT IN IN MY CONDITION AND YOU WERE REFUSED ENTRY on a personal note sorry if i was slavering pish yesterday ive been on the wagon and the old tolerance level to alcohol has taken a dive

vlad on the tyne

so when we dont get a result after playing p1$$ poor we don't criticise as the defensive outlook is the only way this club can prosper?.

lets see where we are after the next 12 games and see how good the tactics are then.

Archived