It`s always been about winning..........

Debut 4

And that`ll never change. But i`ll admit i was miffed at Wednesday`s second half showing v Hamilton.

Why? because i think you`ve got to look at performances as a guide to what direction the team is going in.

I`ve not read about our game today yet but i`d like to think the performance was better than weds.

Perfomances do matter because what deficiences you have now can hurt at a later date. You can get away with one or two results but eventually major weaknesses in your team will cost you.

But, overall have we been actually decent for most part over the last 6 games? V the Hobos and the Sheep we played well IMO and did`nt get our rewards then we dipped v Celtic.

A hard fought win over StMidden said volumes for our resilience then after a decent first half v Hamilton we deteriorated in the second.

Then todays result.

Does it suggest a slight and gradual upturn in performances while essentially coupling them with victories, we are seeing progress?

Guest juvehearts

a victory lifts the whole club debut4.

what we lack in skill we should lack in passion, somehow we lack both & still come away with wins.

all be it vs lower bottom 6 clubs but still take nothing away from the team.

optimistically looking foward to play falkirk at tynecastle. im even thinking about going!

Debut you know my thoughts on the club at the moment but lets give a bit praise when its due - yes we have played the bottom 3 sides in the last week but 9 points and a no goals conceded is a job well done.

I have not been to any of these games and can only judge on what you read and hear. Papering over the cracks? Yes I think very much so, BUT the players seem at least to be playing for other and despite our lack of quality which hopefully can be rectified in January, they must be taking some confidence into a much harder run up to Christmas.

Lets be honest we needed 7-9 points in these last 3 games, if we hadn't KB would be in meltdown.

I get home on Wednesday. Only managed to see the Sellick game so far this season so looking forward to the Falkirk.

Will be interesting to see any differences between the last game I was at, which was the Rangers 0-4 game last season.

Actually looking forward to the game!

maroonlegions

Hearts manager csaba Laszlo:

"It is nice to win three games, but the most important thing is that this is the third game with one zero.

"I think our performance, especially in the second half was okay.:cool:

"We didn't get them any chance and if you can do this, you can talk about a great performance.;)

"You cannot win ugly or pretty, you can win and if you win, you are always beautiful. ;)

so its all about wining but he cannot be happy from the second half displays today and on Wednesday but a win is a win as they say.:)

Debut you know my thoughts on the club at the moment but lets give a bit praise when its due - yes we have played the bottom 3 sides in the last week but 9 points and a no goals conceded is a job well done.

I have not been to any of these games and can only judge on what you read and hear. Papering over the cracks? Yes I think very much so, BUT the players seem at least to be playing for other and despite our lack of quality which hopefully can be rectified in January, they must be taking some confidence into a much harder run up to Christmas.

Lets be honest we needed 7-9 points in these last 3 games, if we hadn't KB would be in meltdown.

Indeed. There`s plenty room for improvement but i`ll only be convinced if we produce long term. Most of the SPL is capable of going on a wee run, so while i`m obviously delighted with our form i`m also meeting it with a touch of caution.

Half the battle for any team is the players playing for each other, as you say CJ, this is the main part just now that gives me hope but what concerns me is Maroon Legion`s point is that our performance level has dropped twice in a row now in the 2nd half.

There`ll be weeks where a break will go against us when we`re winning 1-0, we must go out and kill games.

bigis semiauskas

Look CJ you are a well known PT,no need to beat yourself up over it.

Look CJ you are a well known PT,no need to beat yourself up over it.

hahahahahahaha - superb Bigis.

Yes Tynie or Morrisons on a Saturday afternoon - eaaaaaasy decision:p

Charlie-Brown

If we win next saturday and Hibs lose then we can go into administration on monday week, take the 10 points deduction and still be above Hibs...... :laugh:

(Stolen from we-are-peg-sellers.net)

hahahahahahaha - superb Bigis.

Yes Tynie or Morrisons on a Saturday afternoon - eaaaaaasy decision:p

Ask how many bigis has been to? But mind, he was there every game in 1986 so he`s entitled not to go to another Hearts game ever!:P;)

Archived