Zibi now Spurs goalkeeper ?

CJGJ

Huge waste of money.

Has been mince all season.

Redknapp will probably go after James as a short term measure.

alwaysthereinspirit

even after being taken off the other night he's still playing. The back up goalies must be really good.;)

rudi must stay
Huge waste of money.

he obviously hasn't started his time there well. But he has shown over the last couple of years at PSV that he is a great keeper so i think he'll come good for them

blondejamtart

I thought Robinson was a pretty cr*p keeper, but Gomes is even worse! Does Zibi have a club at the moment? Maybe he should give Harry a ring? :rofl:

loveofthegame

Gomes may well be the worst goalie in the history of the Premiership! How the **** is he still getting a game. Woeful doesn't begin to sum him up.

Huge waste of money.

They are after Shay Given I believe.

I don't remember Gomez proving himself to be a 'great keeper' at PSV. He was ok, but unspectacular. He is now a shambles at Spurs. Dodgy keeper + no confidence = nightmare

rudi must stay
I don't remember Gomez proving himself to be a 'great keeper' at PSV. He was ok, but unspectacular. He is now a shambles at Spurs. Dodgy keeper + no confidence = nightmare

he was good there. It was down to him that they did quite well in europe

He was decent there, but it certainly wasn't down to him and him alone that PSV did well. He fitted in to a well organised defensive lineup at PSV. There is no doubting how bad he is now though...you just have to watch any game he is in...he throws the ball in the net almost every week!!!

This season the lad has been a bombscare. Any time the balls in the air, the alarm bells are ringing. The thing that makes me laugh though is that normally when keepers are aware they are poor from cross balls, thay tend to stay on their line. This Gomes character comes and takes everything but the ball. Two weeks in a row he just about knocked Corluka flat out. It's a tribute to how well Redknapp has done that he has managed to get some results with this clown in the sticks. If I were him i'd just make a quick move for Steve Harper in the Jan window as a short term fix to what is coming a big problem for Spurs.

Exactly.

I remember him as being distincly average in Holland, and he made a couple of high-profile clangers in the Champions League.

However, he was phenomenal against Ramos' Tottenham last season in Europe and that was, apparently, what prompted big Juande to sign him.

No one's saying he's not prone to some magnificent saves, but he is also a complete bomb-scare. Brasilian 'keepers tend to be.. a la Dida.

Archived