Anti-Vandal Paint

jambogaza

Had an incident last night when I attampted to climb a small wired fence and got a form of greasy paint on both my hands and my jeans. Although I accept I should have walked round the fence rather than climbed it, I was wondering if anyone knew the laws on vandal paint. When googling to find out about methods of removing the paint, I came across a couple of websites that say the paint should be well sign-posted and also be above shoulder height. Is this true?

Had an incident last night when I attampted to climb a small wired fence and got a form of greasy paint on both my hands and my jeans. Although I accept I should have walked round the fence rather than climbed it, I was wondering if anyone knew the laws on vandal paint. When googling to find out about methods of removing the paint, I came across a couple of websites that say the paint should be well sign-posted and also be above shoulder height. Is this true?

Er - could you first explain why you were trying to climb a wired fence? ;)

Er - could you first explain why you were trying to climb a wired fence? ;)

Quite frankly couldn't be ****ed walking around it to the footpath. Probably deserved it but If I had known there was paint there, I wouldn't have attempted to do so.

Also just for information sake, it was the back entrance to the Gyle Car Park.

Daydream Believer

I think you're right mate. We were going to put it on a fence at the back of our flats and got told by the council that it had to be over 8 foot. I don't think they said anything about a sign.

Worth a complaint to the Gyle possibly and see if you can claim for new clothes.

Worth a complaint to the Gyle possibly and see if you can claim for new clothes.

Regardless of whether or not there was a sign there, it'd be mighty cheeky to make a complaint to the Gyle.

It'd be like suing the occupants of a house you've burgled* for stubbing your toe on their coffee table.

*Not comparing you to a thief mate, but fences are there for a reason :)

Archived