Haye Fight

Bob Loblaw

Half 11 according to the Beeb site.

Good,I remember staying up for his last one and it didn't start til about half 2 due to American TV. He's a good boxer but have to admit I'd find it pretty funny if he got sparked after all the mouth he's been giving.

Think it starts at 11 mate. Thank god its no in america, cant be a55ed with staying up all night again..

Should be a good fight, haye will win by knockout!

Does anyone else think that the Calzaghe fight was on a hour late? Im sure it was ment to start at 3.45-4.00am, but didnt start till 4.45am.

Will be settling down for another late one tonight.

Looking forward to Ryan Rhodes fight as well as Hayes.

Then @ 3am its UFC 91. Lesner vrs Couture

Read recently that Haye would like to get in to MMA once he's done everything he wants to do in Boxing (he says 3 yrs).

Fighters scheduled to enter ring at 11.15pm. Haye is quite arrogant but deserves to be. Never taken the safe route in an attempt to build a decent record, just straight to the big fights. World champion in his 19th cruiserweight fight and undisputed after 20 says it all. None of this fighting bums just to pad out a record ala most other top british boxers.

siegementality

That's what boxing is all about, brilliant bout. The crowd were going mental throughout, must have been fecking brilliant to have been there.

johnny the jambo

great entertainment, looks like hes brought his power with him coming from cruiserweight. but tonight he looked a bit rough... maybe it was his opponent falling on him , but i thought he left himself open to a decent puncher. also, he looks like he might be a bit wee to come up against the really big guys like the klisthco bros. think he needs to have a good 3 or 4 fights before he takes them on... but he is a great prospect and he can become one of the top heavyweights of his generation

I really like Haye

He is arrogant, but all the best boxers are. He has a slightly suspect chin, but hopefully his power and hand speed can carry him on to greatness. He is what the heavyweight division needs. His explosive style and character stand out in a division full of overweight grapplers

I really like Haye

He is arrogant, but all the best boxers are. He has a slightly suspect chin, but hopefully his power and hand speed can carry him on to greatness. He is what the heavyweight division needs. His explosive style and character stand out in a division full of overweight grapplers

You do realise he has only been on the canvas once in his career, where he then got up and knocked the guy out?

As for moving to heavyweight, im delighted. At last we have someone who will get past the hugging and actually fight. He has awesome punching power with quick hands and feet. There will be a number of top heavyweights running as far as they can.

You do realise he has only been on the canvas once in his career, where he then got up and knocked the guy out?

As for moving to heavyweight, im delighted. At last we have someone who will get past the hugging and actually fight. He has awesome punching power with quick hands and feet. There will be a number of top heavyweights running as far as they can.

Granted it was only Mormeck, I think, that knocked Haye down, but his corner throwing in the towel against Thompson when he was totally gone makes me worry about his ability to take a decent shot. He has the ability and speed to generally avoid the big shots, but his cockyness means he will get hit, and I don't know if he can survive that at heavyweight

Good exciting fight and no doubt Haye can bang but i agree with what McGuigan said afterwards in respect of not knowing how Haye would react to the really big hitting heavyweights.I just think Klitscho will be too big for him,well the older one anyway who is a very good boxer.I think he would be much better taking on the younger of the two who is more slow and lumbering.

Haye is excellent entertainment. Has what all the big heavyweights have, but with speed and movement as well. A lethal combination of ingredients. People say he has a dodgy chin, which may be true...no one knows for sure. Even he is admits that if he gets caught flush, there is a chance he'll go down!

He has no defence, which is pretty much what makes him so exciting to watch. Quite often it is a case of relying on his speed to beat his opponent to the punch. If he didn't have that, he'd be getting knocked over a lot!

Thought it was a great fight, 2 guys who at least wanted to have a go at each other.

The highlight had to be Monty trying to jump the top rope and falling into the ring......:P

Thought it was a great fight, 2 guys who at least wanted to have a go at each other.

The highlight had to be Monty trying to jump the top rope and falling into the ring......:P

He should have just stayed down then.

Did any one else think Monty should have been given time to recover after haye caught him with the top of his head. I felt Monty was fecked from then on in... this was never mentioned by the commentators either which I found strange.

Archived