Supreme Sacrifice on dvd

almair

Does anyone know if Supreme Sacrifice has been released on dvd? as I would like to send a copy to my brother in New Zealand.

Does anyone know if Supreme Sacrifice has been released on dvd? as I would like to send a copy to my brother in New Zealand.

I have a DVD copy from the TV if you want a copy of that.

Jack Alexander

I keep getting asked about this. It's not available as a DVD, but I think that it should be. The only way this will happen is if there's a concerted effort by HMFC supporters (and other interested folks) to write BBC Scotland and the publishing department of RDF Media.

I doubt that will happen!

I wish it could simply be published 'on merit' but in the real world it's about convincing them that they'll make money from the release.

portobellojambo1
Just sent an email to their Head of sales asking about this ...

I trust we will all do likewise ...

I thought the Head of Sales might have to report to someone else, so I thought feck it, and contacted the MD direct a few days back, and am awaiting a reply (I do know he has read my email),

Jack Alexander
i would buy it, and another 50 to distribute to local primary schools.

That's one of the main reasons I think it should be released. It's a superb means of interesting young folk in the subject of the Great War - and also in the reasons why the act of Remembrance remains so important.

Carl Fredrickson

Jack Alexander - would you happen to have any email addresses that we could contact Re this? I reckon it would be a huge seller as I am sure like me many on here have friends or family "down south" or abroad who have yet to see this masterpiece.

If available, I would press for it to be shown in my local schools as it is such an amazing story - the title saying it all.

i would buy it, and another 50 to distribute to local primary schools.

I agree, a truly remarkable tale - throw in some copies of "Last Voices of WW1" too

Jack Alexander - would you happen to have any email addresses that we could contact Re this? I reckon it would be a huge seller as I am sure like me many on here have friends or family "down south" or abroad who have yet to see this masterpiece.

If available, I would press for it to be shown in my local schools as it is such an amazing story - the title saying it all.

See #3. The link goes straight to the item in their catalogue and has contact details. Good luck.

Carl Fredrickson
See #3. The link goes straight to the item in their catalogue and has contact details. Good luck.

Email sent. I have also asked what the minimum expected sales required would be for a DVD release as I imagine if we had a target, we could canvass interest parties and provide the stats to the publishers.

portobellojambo1

Thought I would pull this up to the top again.

I contacted the Managing Director at RPD to discuss the possibility of getting this programme on DVD.

I received a prompt and very polite response from The Director of Publishing indicating that they had no plans to do so at this time, but as a follow up to something else I suggested within my email they said they would be delighted to discuss the licensing rights with HMFC. I forwarded the email onto a contact at Tynecastle, asking them what they thought. They thought it was a good idea, but indicated it had been referred to the Head Buyer at the club, and they would have to take certain things into consideration before deciding if it was something they would pursue (costs, sales potential etc)

So no definite yes, but no definite no from HMFC, but they are looking into it.

Carl Fredrickson
Thought I would pull this up to the top again.

I contacted the Managing Director at RPD to discuss the possibility of getting this programme on DVD.

I received a prompt and very polite response from The Director of Publishing indicating that they had no plans to do so at this time, but as a follow up to something else I suggested within my email they said they would be delighted to discuss the licensing rights with HMFC. I forwarded the email onto a contact at Tynecastle, asking them what they thought. They thought it was a good idea, but indicated it had been referred to the Head Buyer at the club, and they would have to take certain things into consideration before deciding if it was something they would pursue (costs, sales potential etc)

So no definite yes, but no definite no from HMFC, but they are looking into it.

If Hearts were to buy the rights to it and release it I reckon it would probably be our best selling DVD.

I also got a prompt response to my email, stating that they are not in a position to sell the programme as a DVD - so maybe putting on pressure on our club is the way forward.

Gimme an H...
Posted this link on another thread but here it is for those that missed it, just key in the 3 digit key and it will start downloading

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7R7BC4TT

Nicely done mate. If this works give yourself a pat on the back. The more people see this the better.

Archived