Webster money to be paid...

Martin_T

There is a small piece in today's Record which suggests that Hearts have agreed to pay the money due to Arbroath from the Webster compensation money. Could be the end of that particular saga?

Geoff Kilpatrick

No great surprise really. The threat of action seems to be needed to force HMFC to write a cheque.

There is a small piece in today's Record which suggests that Hearts have agreed to pay the money due to Arbroath from the Webster compensation money. Could be the end of that particular saga?

How many times is that we have now agreed to pay them? :rolleyes:

There is a small piece in today's Record which suggests that Hearts have agreed to pay the money due to Arbroath from the Webster compensation money. Could be the end of that particular saga?[/QUOT

There would have been a BIG piece in todays record if we had refused to pay Arbroath there money.

Grumpy.

I take it the article was not as big as the one saying we were due the money.

Nucky Thompson
We agreed to pay them back in April, so lets hope we actually pay them this time.
Lets hope we don't as it wasn't a transfer fee we got for Judas. I'd let Arbroath sing for it.

Lets hope we don't as it wasn't a transfer fee we got for Judas. I'd let Arbroath sing for it.

In this particular case, i agree.

In this particular case, i agree.

Me too actually

It was Websters breach of contract that meant he left without a transfer fee.

They should go after him. All we got was compensation which wasnt based upon any true market value. I doubt it would have paid our legal fees

thats my understanding of it boo...

how the hell can we be due them anything as fair enough there was a sell on clause there but he wasnt sold on and hearts were only given compensation for the work the put into the player?????

Guest JamboRobbo
Good.

No transfer - no sell on clause.

Not what Hearts said - back in April, we said we were gonna pay them "their slice of the money owed following the ?150,000 transfer of defender Andy Webster to Wigan Athletic".

Strange thing to say if there was no transfer and we don't owe them anything.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1295795,00.html

Not what Hearts said - we said we were gonna pay them their slice, back in April. Strange thing to say if we don't owe them anything.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1295795,00.html

I hope they have changed their mind.

Maybe they the some new info re Wigan , JJB and rangers that they would like to state in court.

;)

Not what Hearts said - back in April, we said we were gonna pay them "their slice of the money owed following the ?150,000 transfer of defender Andy Webster to Wigan Athletic".

Strange thing to say if there was no transfer and we don't owe them anything.

Im perplexed as to why you are campaigning for Arbroath to get money. I can see your point of view IF we actually did receive a transfer fee throughout this protracted mess of a 'transfer' but you constantly harp on about Hearts not paying bills on time.

Why does it bother you so much? They all eventually get paid. Have you ever debated footy in the pub saying 'my teams better than yours, we pay our bills on time!'. No. Who cares if we're late payers?

Guest JamboRobbo
Im perplexed as to why you are campaigning for Arbroath to get money.

And I'm perplexed as to why you think I'm campaigning.

It's a Hearts discussion forum. I'm having a discussion. About a subject that was discussed on here earlier in the week, and about which there is an small article in todays paper.

I can see your point of view IF we actually did receive a transfer fee throughout this protracted mess of a 'transfer'

Hearts are the ones saying we recieved a 150k transfer fee, and that "we are due Arbroath a slice".

but you constantly harp on about Hearts not paying bills on time.

Feel free to show where.

Why does it bother you so much?

It doesn't bother me.

They all eventually get paid.

Thats what folks were saying back in April.

Have you ever debated footy in the pub saying 'my teams better than yours, we pay our bills on time!'. No. Who cares if we're late payers?

Nope, have you?

Maybe the papers have twisted the facts here .............but regardless, we appear to have slipped up and missed a great opportunity for some good PR. In fact we have allowed the press to gleefully hang out our dirty linen in public yet again :sad:

As I read it, we don't owe them any cash as NO LUCRATIVE TRANSFER ever took place. However for some reason we agreed to pay them the same percentage of the compensation money anyway. Now that should have been ramped up to show us in a good light - but instead we have ( allegedly ) f**** it up somehow so that we STILL look like a shower of c**** and it's actually costing us ?14k to advertise the fact.

I fully believe that the media have an anti-hearts agenda but lordy, must our own PR machine provide manna from heaven for them on a weekly basis :(

I take it the article was not as big as the one saying we were due the money.

Yeah, cos that's the main issue here - the papers are horrible to us, the big bad *******s, not that Hearts seem keen to make a habit of only paying their bills in the face of legal action.

I don't get were everyone gets the idea we are doing them a favour.

We owe them the money, yes we didnt get a transfer fee however I would imagine lawyers are far smarter than papers, and FM and dont call it a sell on of a transfer fee and instead word it to the affect any fee for future contract movement.

Either way we owe them the money, we have admitted this and the fact that 7 months after getting the money and 4 months after getting an invoice that we havent settled is disgraceful

You have to wonder what exactly it is the day to day management/operations team actually do because its certainly not what they should be doing.

****ing pay up and stop embarassing the club

Well that should be the end of that then, but no doubt it won't be.

Pay them when we are good and ready. Hearts are owned by a bank, they don't need to worry about credit ratings adjustments for missed payments. The only thing that can happen is that Arbroath refuse to sell to us again, and how likely is that if we came in for one of their players?

Drylaw Hearts
Pay them when we are good and ready. Hearts are owned by a bank, they don't need to worry about credit ratings adjustments for missed payments. The only thing that can happen is that Arbroath refuse to sell to us again, and how likely is that if we came in for one of their players?

Hearts aren't owned by a Bank.

Hearts aren't owned by a Bank.

They're owned by an investment vehicle which is owned by the same holding company as a bank then. Same bank is both principal sponsor and holder of Hearts' debt. Happy?

Drylaw Hearts
They're owned by an investment vehicle which is owned by the same holding company as a bank then. Same bank is both principal sponsor and holder of Hearts' debt. Happy?

Happier.

We are owned by an investment group (UBIG) who also own a bank.

I disagree with your view on the importance of our Credit Rating though - we will not always be owned by UBIG and so I think it's important that this is 'cleaned up' to ensure we have a decent rating in the future.

Guest Fabuloso

The reality of the situation is that it damages the perception of the club in the eyes of just about everyone concerned with football. 'Who cares?' I hear you cry - well I do for one. The throw away excuse of 'Eastern European business culture' has been used too often around these parts. It's just plain irritating. Maybe Vlad's next move will be to give the Arbroath chairman a plutonium & coke because that's just the way things are done over there!

Archived