Playstation 3 repair ?

The Bam

My son's Playstation 3 will not read any of his discs. Can any of you guys or gals please tell me where we can get a repair done?

Cheers.

Commander Harris

How long have you had it? It's possibly still under warranty? or if you've only had it a short time you could take it back to the shop, "sale of goods act" and all that jazz.

My son's Playstation 3 will not read any of his discs. Can any of you guys or gals please tell me where we can get a repair done?

Cheers.

Its quite a common problem Bam. Happened to mine as well a few months back. Get in touch with Sony and they'll handle it for you. With mine they arranged a courier to pick up the faulty one and drop off a new one. Didnt even need to provide proof of purchase - which was handy as id lost the receipt.

I found them really easy to deal with and very helpful.

Its quite a common problem Bam. Happened to mine as well a few months back. Get in touch with Sony and they'll handle it for you. With mine they arranged a courier to pick up the faulty one and drop off a new one. Didnt even need to provide proof of purchase - which was handy as id lost the receipt.

I found them really easy to deal with and very helpful.

Thanks Isaac. Will give it a try.

How long have you had it? It's possibly still under warranty? or if you've only had it a short time you could take it back to the shop, "sale of goods act" and all that jazz.

Thanks for the reply Commander. He got it last Christmas. Will give Sony a Try.

Thanks Isaac. Will give it a try.

One thing to try to remember is to back up any saved data before you try to do a system restore (which their helpline will probably ask you to try). If you dont you'll lose everything saved on the console - including progress in all your games. Happened to me and its a bit annoying, but at the end of the day i was just relieved to get a new console from them.

Hope you get it sorted.

One thing to try to remember is to back up any saved data before you try to do a system restore (which their helpline will probably ask you to try). If you dont you'll lose everything saved on the console - including progress in all your games. Happened to me and its a bit annoying, but at the end of the day i was just relieved to get a new console from them.

Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers Mate,

Did as you said, and they are sending a courier on Tuesday to pick up the machine, and repair or exchange, free of charge. Thanks again. :)

This happened to my PS3 last week. I'd had it just under a year so I took it into Game and they gave me a store credit for ?350. Got an 80gb version and 3 games. The 80gb only has 2 usbds and no memory card reader but was quite chuffed to get a brand new machine and 3 new games.

Archived