SIR ALEX

jamboBG

rudi must stay
538411502.JPG

NUMMBER 1!!! EVER!!! RESPECT!!!

ALEX FERGUSON was quite literally bitten by the football bug 50 years ago tomorrow.

As a 16-year-old he began his remarkable journey in the game by making his debut for Queen’s Park against Stranraer...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1928219.ece

well said mate. He deserves a lot of respect, he's still as excited about football as he was 50 years ago as well which is remarkable considering how much he's won in it

538411502.JPG

NUMMBER 1!!! EVER!!! RESPECT!!!

ALEX FERGUSON was quite literally bitten by the football bug 50 years ago tomorrow.

As a 16-year-old he began his remarkable journey in the game by making his debut for Queen?s Park against Stranraer...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1928219.ece

he has links to rangers, st.mirren, aberdeen and man-u....are we supposed to like him?

rudi must stay
he has links to rangers, st.mirren, aberdeen and man-u....are we supposed to like him?

not like him just respect what he's done in the game

I LIKE AND UNDERSTEND FOOTBALL!!! HE IS NUMMBER ONE. IF ANOTHER COACHES ONLY REPEAT IDEAS OF SIR ALEX FOOTBALL NOT WILL BE RUGBY. NEVER! I KNOW WELL HIS PIOGRAPHY http://prosport.bg/news/1707-Syr-Aleks-zavyrtya-50-godini-vyv-futbola.html BUT:

Sir Bobby said: “In Scotland at Aberdeen he broke the mould. I remember watching him guide his side to victory over Real Madrid and thought this is just the man we need at Manchester United.

“The type of person, the type of authority that a big club like Manchester United needed.

“A few years later we decided to bring him here and it is the best thing that has ever happened to this football club.

“This club is supported worldwide because of the way he has got his teams to play — they excite people.

“I remember as a player always waking on a Saturday morning excited at the prospect of playing that afternoon.

“Alex Ferguson has got me like that again just watching his teams.

“He is a brilliant decision-maker, a great judge of a footballer and football itself. A sensational manager for a club like Manchester United.

NO COMMENT!

He's up there, certainly. I don't think he's the best ever, though. That honour goes to Rinus Michels as far as I'm concerned.

Well said, best manager in the world and he's Scottish. Vewy pwoud.

Queen of the south to Manu, small acorns and all that.

;)

scots civil war

last of the great scottish football managers

i remember him at tynecastle with the sheep on a few occasions

on the touchline,suited and red in the face barking instructions

remembering the chant "fergie,fergie shut your mouth,fergie shut your mouth"

legend

Sadly the last of his kind I reckon.

Got 4 years at Manchester United, would never get that now a days. Clubs and fans want instant results.

Cant argue with what he has achieved. Winning 4 European Trophies is something else especially one which was with a Scottish club ( I dont count super cups).

Respect to him. Last of his kind.

The Old Tolbooth

As a Liverpool fan, I have to admit that I wish the tosser would bloody retire!!!!!!!!!!

Credit where it's due though, he's the best manager in world football imo.

As a Liverpool fan, I have to admit that I wish the tosser would bloody retire!!!!!!!!!!

Credit where it's due though, he's the best manager in world football imo.

so you are not a hearts fan :sad:

Billy the Jambo

He is the best manager in the world but not even he could make a team out of the bunch of tossers we have at the club now

I LIKE AND UNDERSTEND FOOTBALL!!! HE IS NUMMBER ONE. IF ANOTHER COACHES ONLY REPEAT IDEAS OF SIR ALEX FOOTBALL NOT WILL BE RUGBY. NEVER! I KNOW WELL HIS PIOGRAPHY http://prosport.bg/news/1707-Syr-Aleks-zavyrtya-50-godini-vyv-futbola.html BUT:

Sir Bobby said: ?In Scotland at Aberdeen he broke the mould. I remember watching him guide his side to victory over Real Madrid and thought this is just the man we need at Manchester United.

?The type of person, the type of authority that a big club like Manchester United needed.

?A few years later we decided to bring him here and it is the best thing that has ever happened to this football club.

?This club is supported worldwide because of the way he has got his teams to play ? they excite people.

?I remember as a player always waking on a Saturday morning excited at the prospect of playing that afternoon.

?Alex Ferguson has got me like that again just watching his teams.

?He is a brilliant decision-maker, a great judge of a footballer and football itself. A sensational manager for a club like Manchester United.

NO COMMENT!

Only one Sir Bobby and that is Robson!!!!!!!!!!

The govan tramp you mention above owes a huge debt to Notts Forest otherwise he would be nothing !!

Seymour M Hersh

A bitter and twisted wine drinking weegie. Deserves o respect from any Hearts fan. Why? As a Falkirk player(punted from der hun for being not good enough) he cheated to get Alan Anderson sent off. If you ever meet Alan ask him he'll tell you.

badly drawn boy
A bitter and twisted wine drinking weegie. Deserves o respect from any Hearts fan. Why? As a Falkirk player(punted from der hun for being not good enough) he cheated to get Alan Anderson sent off. If you ever meet Alan ask him he'll tell you.

What a lot of betty swallox , sometimes the mentality on here is unbelievable -sound like a bunch of incestuous hill billies

That 1 incident is it then , the mans nae good

As a Manchester City fan ( course after the jts ) i have to say in his career , he has seen them all off wherever hes been -he has been amazing and deserves all our respect

Drylaw Hearts

You can just tell you are a fan of Liverpool.

:)

Seymour M Hersh
What a lot of betty swallox , sometimes the mentality on here is unbelievable -sound like a bunch of incestuous hill billies

That 1 incident is it then , the mans nae good

As a Manchester City fan ( course after the jts ) i have to say in his career , he has seen them all off wherever hes been -he has been amazing and deserves all our respect

Whatever you want. Man's a cheat. End of, always has been and always will.

Seymour M Hersh
You can just tell you are a fan of Liverpool.

:)

Of course you're wrong again. That's why men I know in their 60's and 70's who've never been to a Liverpool game and have virtually never missed a Hearts game in 50 years hate the man.

Drylaw Hearts
Of course you're wrong again. That's why men I know in their 60's and 70's who've never been to a Liverpool game and have virtually never missed a Hearts game in 50 years hate the man.

So you're not a fan of Liverpool then ?

My mistake SMH.

Seymour M Hersh
Cough...

Steven Gerrard.

What's your point It's nothing to do with Liverpool Football Club. Stop hiding behind the media curtain.

Drylaw Hearts
What's your point It's nothing to do with Liverpool Football Club. Stop hiding behind the media curtain.

My point is......

you are quick to slate a real footballing legend for apparantly cheating in a match 30 odd years ago - but would you be so quick to slate those who have cheated wearing a teams colours you may have a fondness for ?

Seymour M Hersh
My point is......

you are quick to slate a real footballing legend for apparantly cheating in a match 30 odd years ago - but would you be so quick to slate those who have cheated wearing a teams colours you may have a fondness for ?

That wasn't your point your dribbling a load of poop.

I'm glad he's a legend to you. He's not now and never will be to me. As for those who have cheated wearing colours of teams I "have a fondess for" do explain.

Drylaw Hearts
That wasn't your point your dribbling a load of poop.

I'm glad he's a legend to you. He's not now and never will be to me. As for those who have cheated wearing colours of teams I "have a fondess for" do explain.

Firstly....

Are you a fan of Liverpool or not ?

Most of the posters on this thread slagging of Fergie would struggle to put out a subbuteo team.Considering we as Scots are always getting hammered from the English press about our football,its good to see a Scot still top of his game.:soccer:

The man's a God!

Nobody comes close.

mod edit

arful Dodge, I know you know!

if carlesberg done man u fans that bite they would do you my man(im waiting for top kapi now) i fergie is ok but not doing back to back big ears he aint even a poor mans cloughie

if carlesberg done man u fans that bite they would do you my man(im waiting for top kapi now) i fergie is ok but not doing back to back big ears he aint even a poor mans cloughie

I hope Topkapi jism in yer kebab. nite nite.

how can people come on here and give the guy respect. what has he done? he done nothing for hearts or the national setup so? people come on here ranting about dubious penalty claims given to the OF but yet manchester united get them every time ronaldo falls in the box. the mans an arse manchester united are the OF of the EPL

how can people come on here and give the guy respect. what has he done? he done nothing for hearts or the national setup so? people come on here ranting about dubious penalty claims given to the OF but yet manchester united get them every time ronaldo falls in the box. the mans an arse manchester united are the OF of the EPL

mod edit

He's up there, certainly. I don't think he's the best ever, though. That honour goes to Rinus Michels as far as I'm concerned.

Think you're wrong there. It goes beyond football. You'd be hard pressed to name any person in any walk of life that has managed to adapt, change and still come out on top after this length of time. Really extraordinary man.

Mind you, couldn't stand him when he was at the sheep.

The guy certainly knows his football & man management. and has proved himself as one the best ever (probably THE best). All his teams always play football that you want to watch.

Although not lately, his teams and him in particular always have that bullying attitude to referees.

My only gripe with him, Tony Blair giving him a knighthood after their first Champs league. Knight of the Realm? never in my eyes.

Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Bobby Robson are true gentleman, Fergie can never conduct himself like these guys.

the man is no bob paisley though is he now that is a man with class

Hear, Hear. Paisley should have been knighted along with Shankly & Fagan. Mind in his book, Mirror journo Brian Reade says when he was younger he wrote to Shankly saying it was a disgrace the establishment hadn't honoured him. He got a reply from the great man saying: "The only personal honour I'm interested in is the applause from the fans after we've won".

Respect the achievements.

Respect the man? Not that I know him personally, but the public face of him?...Nope.

Carl Spackler

I would say if you can't respect Alex Ferguson regardless of the team you support yourself you don't really know what football or sport in general is all about.

As for Alex Ferguson the individual I know a friend who managed to get him to speak at a charity dinner free and gratis. He flew to Edinburgh from Manchester to do so. Good guy.

He can also tell the press to GTF and get away with it! Not because he's the manager of Man U but because he's Alex Ferguson. A legend in his own time.

The Old Tolbooth
so you are not a hearts fan :sad:

Heh heh, of course I am, when I say Liverpool fan, I don't actually mean "fan" as in my eyes a fan or supporter is someone who actually goes to support the team.

It's probably 20 years since I was at Anfield mate, however it's only 3 days since I was at Tynie, so to answer your question, yes I am a Hearts fan. :thumb:

Jam Tarts 1874

From a Scottish football point of view, those who were football supporters during Ferguson's time at Aberdeen could not have failed to be impressed by the way Ferguson stuck it right up Rangers and Celtic season after season. To ignore this acheivement and his Cup Winners Cup victory is simply churlish.

I don't really care about football in Engerland, but his record is outstanding and therefore he deserves respect for what he has built at Man U.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Firstly....

Are you a fan of Liverpool or not ?

Course he is - which is why he was at the point of spontaneous combustion on the recent Stevie G - cheat thread.

If memory serves me correctly, when he first went to Man U he lost the first half dozen games or so and the fans were calling for his head.....6 games FFS!!!

Kind of gets you thinking when were calling for the head of ours!!!!

You might if you read his book. Said he has a soft spot for Hearts as he admired the 50`s great team and in particular Jimmy Wardhaugh.:)

Archived