Everton use FM to scout players

Nucky Thompson

jamboinglasgow

this is an interesting bit

The unique database has made Football Manager the most popular football management simulation in gaming and will help Everton FC spot the best young talent from around the world. In the past, Football Manager has accurately identified Wayne Rooney’s potential talent when he was just fifteen and has been the first to predict other future stars including Lionel Messi, Ashley Young and Jose Baxter.

It does make sense as it gives clubs heads up towards players and obviously they will look at the players before making an offer.

Guest JamboRobbo
I know what your getting at, but did Vlad want to sign Banks, McCann, Johnson, Hackett, Stewart, Obua?

Nope, but he said himself that he signed players for Rix just to keep him happy because they didn't cost much.

That'd be hackett and Johnson, but it wouldn't surprise my if Banks, McCann (Burley), Stewart (Korobotchup/Frail?) and Obua (Csaba) and Balogh (Csaba) were signed for similar reasons.

Nucky Thompson
I know what your getting at, but did Vlad want to sign Banks, McCann, Johnson, Hackett, Stewart, Obua?
I was being sarcastic mate:) It was just that a few on here were ripping into VR for allegedly using FM for scouting purposes and now it seems a top EPL team are going to be doing exactly that.

FM to scout players? Its madness. ITS A GAME!

I mind Ibrahim Bakayoko being the best player in the game when he played for Montpellier (champs 2?). He signed for Eveton in real life and was pesh.

seems like a good idea.

untill you see that people like steven fletcher are immense on the game and it makes you wonder who the feck scouted him.

I was being sarcastic mate:) It was just that a few on here were ripping into VR for allegedly using FM for scouting purposes and now it seems a top EPL team are going to be doing exactly that.

I know mate, I was really replying to the post immediately before mine.

It does seem a bit bizarre, I remember some guy called Willie Howie being immense in Championship Manager 01/02 and I never ever heard of him in real life. I think he played for Partick as a youngster and now plays in the juniors?

FM to scout players? Its madness. ITS A GAME!

I mind Ibrahim Bakayoko being the best player in the game when he played for Montpellier (champs 2?). He signed for Eveton in real life and was pesh.

Its no game... its real life ;)

Guest JamboRobbo

Could you point out where it says that? Where exactly does it say that the Everton owner will be using FM to do the clubs scouting for the manager?

There's no way that VR uses FM for his views on players. He wouldn't have been so quick to get rid of Brellier and Bednar if he did! Perhaps he uses some inferior rival but not FM.

Guest JamboRobbo
I do remember a host of championship clubs having Andri Sigporsson on trial a few years back

And Johan Elmander and Mathew Ethrington currently playing away not too bad too.

Guest JamboRobbo
Kim Kallstrom is another who did well.

Thats the boy I was thinking of. Elmander on one side of the midfield, Kallstrom on the other. Invincible!

In the 98-9 version of CM I won the European Cup in 2008-9 with a team something like the following:

GK Neil Alexander

CB Magnus Lingland - Swede who I think was one of the players generated by the game.

CB Alan Archibald

CB Jim Paterson

RM Jamie Mackenzie: bought from Partick, who had loads of brilliant youngsters, including Willie Howie mentioned above.

CM George Boateng

CM Gary Mason

LM Stephen Hammell

AMC Jofre: Spaniard bought from Barca B.

ST Tonton Mokouko: Swedish/Ghanaian who could be bought for ?150k early in the game and developed into a big star.

ST Andy Johnson: I'm not sure if this was the current Fulham player as there was a slightly older English player of the same name.

Guus Hiddink was my assistant manager and I had several other players as well as Mokouko with dual Swedish/Ghanaian or other African country nationality.

The game is accurate for big name players and the leading leagues but it contains a lot of unknown youngsters in lesser leagues who go on to be big stars in the game but do nothing in the real world. This could be a deliberate tactic to give people the chance to uncover future superstars at affordable prices or it might just be the scouts over-egging their own clubs' youngsters.

Excellent, won't be long before Maxim Tsigalko, Anatoli Todorov, Evandro Roncatto, Fredy William Thompson and Supat Rungratsamee finally hit the big time.

:P

Guest jambomickey

ripping into him for signing dross.

Nucky Thompson
ripping into him for signing dross.
It was only him that signed the dross and someone else when we found a decent player like Rudi, Bednar, Takis, Kingston and Janny.

Guest jambomickey
It was only him that signed the dross and someone else when we found a decent player like Rudi, Bednar, Takis, Kingston and Janny.

i think burley found rudi, bednar and fyssas because it was after vlad got all the shares he started his interference.

Nucky Thompson
i think burley found rudi, bednar and fyssas because it was after vlad got all the shares he started his interference.
OK then Mickey:)

Guest jambomickey
OK then Mickey:)

in your opinion do you think our signing policy is good? do you not think it was simon hunt and george burley who found the skacels, bednars and fyssas etc? up until the day vlad got all the shares and sacked burley he was the best thing ever to happen to hearts but once he got the shares the power went to his head and he thought himself as a fantasy football manager

Archived