In the internet age - have the Hearts lost their edge?

Walter Kidd

I'll admit, I'm a child of the 80's. I was 29 before I seen the Hearts lift silver (not including the Tennents 6's).

Our support used to be the most feared in Scottish football, in fact when I moved down to London for work, Chelsea, Tottenham and Millwall boys had heard of the "Heart of Midlothian". "Mental Jocks" as one very famous Chelsea shed boy put it to me.

So, in these days of changing ways, so called liberated ways. Have Hearts lost their mojo. Or have the generation born in the 80's had it too good?

Do we no longer support out club? Never boo the jersey. **** everyone apart from the Gorgie.

Respect to the West Fife Bus for showing me what it was all about.

All seater stadia and jobsworth stewards have drained a lot of enjoyment out of matchdays.:mad:

I never got to experience standing at games so i envy those that did. Must of been awesome back in the good old days - specially in the shed.

Francis Albert
All seater stadia and jobsworth stewards have drained a lot of enjoyment out of matchdays.:mad:

I never got to experience standing at games so i envy those that did. Must of been awesome back in the good old days - specially in the shed.

The Shed? Much over-rated. Mostly a couple of hundred kids singing the Sash and Derry's Walls. Awesome? Well if you like that sort of thing.

The Shed? Much over-rated. Mostly a couple of hundred kids singing the Sash and Derry's Walls. Awesome? Well if you like that sort of thing.

Was more about the general atmosphere in the shed,sash and derrys wall..never really that important was it and certainly not the first thing you think about when remembering the shed.

Francis Albert
Was more about the general atmosphere in the shed,sash and derrys wall..never really that important was it and certainly not the first thing you think about when remembering the shed.

I stood in the Shed before the bench seats were put in. I even joined in the odd song. But mostly it was just a few hundred and the Sash and Derry's Walls were certainly a major part of the standard repertoire. I can remember a great atmosphere at the occasional OF or Hibs game but mostly it was pretty subdued. The myth that the Shed was some sort of Anfield Kop equivalent is just that - a myth.

Goodmorningmrfisherman
I stood in the Shed before the bench seats were put in. I even joined in the odd song. But mostly it was just a few hundred and the Sash and Derry's Walls were certainly a major part of the standard repertoire. I can remember a great atmosphere at the occasional OF or Hibs game but mostly it was pretty subdued. The myth that the Shed was some sort of Anfield Kop equivalent is just that - a myth.

Under the tv box and refreshment sign?

:)

I'll admit, I'm a child of the 80's. I was 29 before I seen the Hearts lift silver (not including the Tennents 6's).

Our support used to be the most feared in Scottish football, in fact when I moved down to London for work, Chelsea, Tottenham and Millwall boys had heard of the "Heart of Midlothian". "Mental Jocks" as one very famous Chelsea shed boy put it to me.

So, in these days of changing ways, so called liberated ways. Have Hearts lost their mojo. Or have the generation born in the 80's had it too good?

Do we no longer support out club? Never boo the jersey. **** everyone apart from the Gorgie.

Respect to the West Fife Bus for showing me what it was all about.

And what a bus we were....;)

The Shed was a fantastic place to be when a 'big game' goal was scored, but I also remember countless games when there'd be 7,000 at Tynecastle at no atmosphere; even when we had the likes of Robbo and Levein in the team.

These days, we're lucky that our stadium is quite bespoke, and is capable of generating a great atmosphere; and occasionally, a poisonous one too.

However, we're unlucky in that our owner has slowly sucked the life out of us over the last two and half years of spirit-crushing mediocrity without so much as a word of sense.

I doubt there would be the need for a thread on atmosphere if our club was run properly.

Buffalo Bill

When i think of the shed, this isn't at all what comes into mind.

Each to their own i suppose.

Looking back if we were playing a diddy team (there were a lot of these in an 18 team league) a rainy day was the recipe for a good atmosphere as only a few diehards with umbrellas woul brave the uncovered "curvas" at Tynecastle.

I remember a wider repertoire of songs than some especially for the Hun apologists here's two You'll Never Walk Alone and Molly Malone (in Dublins Fair city ........).

The shed died when they put the benches in late 70s / early 80s.

Guest JamboRobbo

I remember a wider repertoire of songs than some especially for the Hun apologists here's two You'll Never Walk Alone and Molly Malone (in Dublins Fair city ........).

there is little doubt that the rangers apologist repetoire we have these days is nowhere near the standard and variation of songs we used to have.

The shed died when they put the benches in late 70s / early 80s.

The 'corner' Shed that I grew up with from the early 80s to 1994 was still pretty special and much remembered.

Buffalo Bill

The 'corner' Shed that I grew up with from the early 80s to 1994 was still pretty special and much remembered.

Buffalo Bill

I concur.

Buffalo Bill

My first memory of Tynie was in the "Crazy" Corner. The place was mad....and Brilliant.

Archived