Ski Gear- wanted

Alan_R

can anyone recommended anywhere in edinburgh to get cheap ski gear?

Or even if anyone has anything to give away/sell?

I'm going a snowboarding holiday and currently dont have any of my own gear.

Looking for ski pants and googles mostly. Been looking at NevisSport and Tiso etc and they are wanting ?100 for a pair of trousers I'm never going to use that much so I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative.

T K Maxx usually do a fair amount of cheap gear

Yeh, TK Maxx is by far the best and cheapest for ski gear.

Suspect Device

Lidl have some ski gear in at the moment, but most of it will be in from 17th Nov.

TKMaxx will have plenty

also worth trying sports world or whatever its called (used to be sport soccer) up at Straiton

i'll be heading along to Lidl myself for new socks / themals etc

Anyone looking at gear for Winter Sports check out Mountain Warehouse. They have a website and also a store at the fort.

Sale on at the moment got a pair of salopettes worth ?75 for half price. Big ski jacket aswell which had ?20 off.

The People's Chimp
could do. Are you selling?

Na, not me. I got a pair of crowbars last year, they're class. Look good as well.

I just google searched for the image, thus the ebay picture.

Na, not me. I got a pair of crowbars last year, they're class. Look good as well.

I just google searched for the image, thus the ebay picture.

ah pity. They are quality but I don't want to pay through the roof. Mountain warehouse had not bad ones in sale for ?30 whicjh I was thinking of getting but i'll check ebay.

How much shouild I expect to pay for crowbars?

The People's Chimp
ah pity. They are quality but I don't want to pay through the roof. Mountain warehouse had not bad ones in sale for ?30 whicjh I was thinking of getting but i'll check ebay.

How much shouild I expect to pay for crowbars?

They're pretty dear. But then I bought some spy goggles that were reduced online and they did me two weeks, so not a great buy. i used them at glenshee and all the gold wiped off them. rubbish. I think they may have been damaged when a mate wore them at an after party - beer spillage i think - anyway i splashed out on the crowbars and reckon they'll do me for ages. My bro's had some cracking A frames for about 4 years now, still in perfect nick, and that includes daily use over a whole season and then 5 weeks on top of that. So I have high hopes for my crowbars. expect to pay upwards of 80quid new, mine were about ?110.

I think mountain warehouse have just opened a shop in glasgow city centre. If you're just wanting to get something cheap and effective i'd say that a ?30 pair are gonna be much better than a lidl pair, false economies and all that, you'll get a bit of use out of them but they'll not break the bank.

I suppose it all depends on what you want to use them for. Is this your first holiday? Where and what time of year?

I've just hired and stuff before but I'm going Snowboarding in the Czech Republic with the lads in january. (via Wroclaw, Poland)

I'm not sure If it is a once off holiday but it is going to be cold and I thought it would be best to get my own gear. If i get decent quality stuff it will most likely be used again.

So as you say something reasonable and effective without breaking the bank. I'll need plenty money for partying off the slopes too ;):cool:

The People's Chimp
I've just hired and stuff before but I'm going Snowboarding in the Czech Republic with the lads in january. (via Wroclaw, Poland)

I'm not sure If it is a once off holiday but it is going to be cold and I thought it would be best to get my own gear. If i get decent quality stuff it will most likely be used again.

So as you say something reasonable and effective without breaking the bank. I'll need plenty money for partying off the slopes too ;):cool:

Absolutely. :)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

What height are you?

I have an old pair of Columbia Salopettes you cabn have for a tenner.

Just plain black so if youre worried about being fashion conscious they go with anything

Marmeladent?rtchen
Yeh, TK Maxx is by far the best and cheapest for ski gear.

I got a quality GoarTex jackect in TX maxx for ?70. It was half price and a great jacket with all the things you need for boarding. Snow skirt, snow cuff's, pocket for ski pass on sleave, vents. All the little things that you notice after going a few times.

ebay can be good too.

My advice would be to buy quality. Its no fun getting wet and cold,,,,, or getting a cold, which means taking a day or two off from your holiday.

If you are going to the US take the first day off an buy there. Cheep as chips.

The People's Chimp
I got a quality GoarTex jackect in TX maxx for ?70. It was half price and a great jacket with all the things you need for boarding. Snow skirt, snow cuff's, pocket for ski pass on sleave, vents. All the little things that you notice after going a few times.

ebay can be good too.

My advice would be to buy quality. Its no fun getting wet and cold,,,,, or getting a cold, which means taking a day or two off from your holiday.

If you are going to the US take the first day off an buy there. Cheep as chips.

Thermals and layers are another key element. :)

Archived