What the **** is going on with the LRT buses

Legend Claws

Wait ****ing ages for one and then three come at once, all completely packed to the rafters. Also so many utters ***** on the buses these days, from the Dom Jolly impersonator on the phone to the goth/emo/hibs fan staring at everybody and the wee chav bams with their **** music on their ****ing phones. I am one of few people who actually tell them to shut it. Oh and don't get me started on those who decide to eat their scaff food on the bus. Arghgghghghghghghghghgghgh ?40 a month towards my anger!!!

Carl Weathers
Wait ****ing ages for one and then three come at once, all completely packed to the rafters. Also so many utters ***** on the buses these days, from the Dom Jolly impersonator on the phone to the goth/emo/hibs fan staring at everybody and the wee chav bams with their **** music on their ****ing phones. I am one of few people who actually tell them to shut it. Oh and don't get me started on those who decide to eat their scaff food on the bus. Arghgghghghghghghghghgghgh ?40 a month towards my anger!!!

Add to that the tramworks.

I think the trams are the reason the buses are a mess.

Any idea when we get our city back? Next year? 2012?

Guest juvehearts
Is it only me that thinks I will have abolutely no use for the trams?!?

well the closest ill ever come to a tram line will be broomhouse, what good is that for people north of broomie? or south of broomie?

complete utter waste of cooncil dosh that would have been better spent on building/rebuiulding school's & upgradeing leisure facility's

Pet hate of mine to hear toonies moaning about the buses. You have no fecking idea! Try there only being one bus an hour (at peak!) and often can't be ersed stopping!

Quit moaning and walk ya lazy bassas ;)

lothian buses are the pits. they don't give a rat's ass about the pish poor service it's become. yes it's now a private business but it's a private business operating in a virtual monopoly of a market, and they damn well know it.

some of their services are an utter shambles. i have had casue to complain a few times and they ALWAYS fob you off by making out you're lying and that it's always the individual driver at fault. it's their way of discouraging folk from complaining.

bassas.

Anyone who thinks LRT is bad needs to try first

Imagine paying ?2.30 single/?4 return for a 10 mile journey on an express bus that takes 1hr and doesnt show up half the time

those served by LRT get it good

Imagine paying ?2.30 single/?4 return for a 10 mile journey on an express bus that takes 1hr and doesnt show up half the time

So you do come out of your lonesome cave into the big bad wprld now and again. :rolleyes:

Generic Username

Edinburgh is almost unrecognisable to me since I came back.

The city transport is a complete shambles.

I'm temping out at the Gyle just now and that place is a bomb scare come 5 o'clock at night.

Pet hate of mine to hear toonies moaning about the buses. You have no fecking idea! Try there only being one bus an hour (at peak!) and often can't be ersed stopping!

Quit moaning and walk ya lazy bassas ;)

Don't live in the middle of butt **** nowhere then!

pish pish and again prancer, pish!

you try taking the 22 and getting to work on time

i am in the middle of bus armageddon and it takes anything between 40 mins and an hour and a half to GET to work. then when done, anything up to 2 hours to get home!

sometimes i'm lucky an the driver won't chuck us off cos he's finished his shift when 6 stops from the terminal, and i'll not need to get on another bus, other times i have to walk home cos i've no chance of getting on the next bus

edinburgh district council need shot!

Best bus company in britain for the last 10 years or whatever it is now.

They are a great service.

Yeah, I think so too. That said, I haven't had to bus anywhere during rush hour for a while; work 15 mins' walk away. :)

The Real Maroonblood
pish pish and again prancer, pish!

you try taking the 22 and getting to work on time

i am in the middle of bus armageddon and it takes anything between 40 mins and an hour and a half to GET to work. then when done, anything up to 2 hours to get home!

sometimes i'm lucky an the driver won't chuck us off cos he's finished his shift when 6 stops from the terminal, and i'll not need to get on another bus, other times i have to walk home cos i've no chance of getting on the next bus

edinburgh district council need shot!

That will be the 22 which arrives about every 2 minutes.

Guest juvehearts

The 'bus network service' is the best in britian by a long country mile.

the quality of the service on offer at peak times is shocking.

ive had more good experiances on the coorperation services than bad.

they have over 50 odd routes but im cheezd off about them withdrawing the 18 to RIE from wester hailes & the 28 from clovenstone to ocean Terminal, that was one of the best services going at one point.

they have made a good serice in the 30, i was unsure at 1st when it came out but its barry to get you into the toon in 20 mins off peak times.

the greenways are good also get's you home from the town in 30-45 mins between 4:30 & 6pm.

kannae grumble at that!

Unfortuantely not.

It is a nightmare when I try to get it to work.

Generic Username

Not today it didn't.

30 minute wait for one for me after seeing three of them dash up the road the second I got out from work.

It really isn't LRT's fault, it's all down to the bombscare that is Edinburgh roadworks/traffic right now.

Aype. The 22's are an utter nightmare. Every single one packed to the rafters. Travelling to the Gyle from Musselburgh, then back takes me a good 2 ****ing hours each way. 2 ****ing hours.

Thank **** I'm moving to Elliot house in a couple of weeks.

Generic Username

This is what gets my melons in a twist about the 22 service.

Surely has to be one of, if not THE, busiest service in the town. This is why they obviously have a very frequent running time.

However, what's the point of these wee womanly buses running at peak times? Why not the double deckers during rush hour and the single deckers for off peak?

This is what gets my melons in a twist about the 22 service.

Surely has to be one of, if not THE, busiest service in the town. This is why they obviously have a very frequent running time.

However, what's the point of these wee womanly buses running at peak times? Why not the double deckers during rush hour and the single deckers for off peak?

I dont think the route is suitable for double deckers, also pretty sure that the line things dont allow double deckers

i think they have started putting double deckers on now. Still doesn't really make a difference as they still drive by the stop. When you do get on you're standing crushed against some fatty.

Fat people, prams, OAP and tinks should all be banned from buses between the hours of 7.30am - 9.30 and 4pm - 6pm.

Whilst we're having a good bitch about buses, I wish some guys would consider others and close their legs a bit. There's nothing worse than have to tell some seat hogging tube to at least let me get my arse on half a seat.

Toxteth O'Grady

No sympathy for cheap skates that stay oot o the toon

I dont think the route is suitable for double deckers, also pretty sure that the line things dont allow double deckers

they do allow double deckers as I was on one yesterday and today and there's another service (that's all double deckers) that uses the guider track.

No sympathy for cheap skates that stay oot o the toon

Cheapskates that are part of edinburgh, pay edinburgh council tax, and have similar house prices

Feel free to abuse the mid,east and west lothian dregs but queensferry has to put up with the dreadful first service whilst the council owned bus service refuse to give us a service.

Tbh I dont really care, public transport is for mugs :)

They definitely do.

I think LRT's thinking behind the single deckers is that the service is supposed to be so frequent that they're all that's needed. Allegedly. I drive along the West Approach Road going out of town most mornings about 8.30am and sometimes the queue for the bus goes away up towards Dundee Street!

Generic Username
They definitely do.

I think LRT's thinking behind the single deckers is that the service is supposed to be so frequent that they're all that's needed. Allegedly. I drive along the West Approach Road going out of town most mornings about 8.30am and sometimes the queue for the bus goes away up towards Dundee Street!

It's been like that the last 5 days I've gone to wait for the 22 there.

It is a frequent service but by the time it hits the Western Approach Road the bus is rammed and doesn't stop, same with the one after it and the one after that - and so on and so forth.

The buses were generally great until they decided to dig up the main roads where majority of busses use! I mean the 22 most frequent service going & they put trams on same route :doh:.

Things that annoy me on the buses are kids/fvds who decided that every1 should hear they're crap "rave" music - put fecking headphones in!!!

What's the point (when the bus is getting full) of some people putting there bags on a seat or sitting on the outside seat instead of sitting at the window?? Either pay for 2 seats or move as your gonna have to anyway!! Idiots

Had to cancel a direct debit a couple of weeks ago so went to the Gyle to do it. Got to the bus stop at just after half four. Plenty time, 22 comes every 5 mins and takes less than 10 mins to get there.

I eventually managed to get on a 21 at 16:52 having only seen one 22 that was only going as far as Broomhouse. Thankfully made it just in time to the bank and enjoyed a nice bit of flirting with the very hot female clerk while I was there.

Waited another ten minutes after leaving the gyle on the bus home, even then a 22 didn't show and I got on a 12. Very weird that in half an hour of waiting at bus stops there was only one 22 that didn't even complete it's journey.

Why are the no 2 buses only single decker now.? Like a fecking sardine can after match on Wed..:mad:

If Lothian are the best bus company in the UK then what are the others like? The 41 and 2 services are often late and some scheduled buses actually go missing! When you phone the bus times line and ask where the bus is they say they don't know! I thought the buses had these tracker devices? No point in complaining because all you get are weasel word excuses. So take the car and stuff the buses. I feel sorry for those who don't have this option. Mind you the trams will make everything perfect won't they?

If Lothian are the best bus company in the UK then what are the others like? The 41 and 2 services are often late and some scheduled buses actually go missing! When you phone the bus times line and ask where the bus is they say they don't know! I thought the buses had these tracker devices? No point in complaining because all you get are weasel word excuses. So take the car and stuff the buses. I feel sorry for those who don't have this option. Mind you the trams will make everything perfect won't they?

The trams will likely lead to the overall company which will run the buses/trams making losses in the region of ?25-50m per year, even before considering replacement costs for trams etc.

There are going to be a lot of cuts to bus services if the tram line goes ahead.

Aye but they all arrive at once, so if you miss it you've got a 20 minute wait.

Wrong and wrong again!

Hmmmm try standing at the end of South Gyle Crescent(Nearest macro) at half 5 and see how many 22's a) Arrive in the next half hour and B) how many actually stop and let you on !!

And pay for city centre parking all day?

Or find an employer with a car park :P

Ill repeat, public transport is for mugs :)

I've always found the service to be excellent. Mind you the 26 was always my bus of choice and they benefit greatly from the greenways.

The night bus service (as unreliable as it is) is also a major benefit and keeps the city running after 11. Having lived in places without nightbuses, I certainly appreciate them in Edinburgh.

Yeah really good reason to change jobs.

Ramjet.

It is a good service overall, but I think it is slipping big time at the moment and does not seem to be able to sort out the timing of the buses.

It is a good service overall, but I think it is slipping big time at the moment and does not seem to be able to sort out the timing of the buses.

Given the amount of roadworks is it unreasonable to expect that bus timings may be "subject to change"?

Captain Lithuania

Wrong.. About every 7 minutes and they're always full.

Given the amount of roadworks is it unreasonable to expect that bus timings may be "subject to change"?

Its not them missing their timetabled times it is the fact that they come in threes.

If you ever use First Bus, then you will never complain about LRT again

They are not referred to, instead, as Worst Bus for no reason.

Homer Simpsons said it best "Public transport is for jerks and lesbians!"

I rarely get the bus, only when its raining or I'm too hungover to walk to work. Even though the 23 takes me from my door straight to work, goldenacre to morningside. Much prefer the walk most days because its the only exercise I get!

Archived