Daftest letter you ever got from Officialdom?

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Mines is courtesy of West Lothian Council Housing Dept.

After applying to them for permission to remove an old coal cupboard in the kitchen this is what they replied:-The Council have granted you permission to remove the kitchen cupboard. However, should any work be required to be done by the Council which the "remove cupboard" prevents, you will be liable to pay for the removal of the "remove cupboard" and then replace the "remove cupboard" upon completion of work!

Is someone really paid to send out this sort of drivel?

Anyway, anyone else had any nonsense letters?

:yadayada:

i have had a letter that required me to settle the final bill on my account for 20 pence. the stamp on the envelope cost 26 pence then the cost of the envelope, letter printing and someone time to produce it and send it therefore making a loss. complete madness.

i have had a letter that required me to settle the final bill on my account for 20 pence. the stamp on the envelope cost 26 pence then the cost of the envelope, letter printing and someone time to produce it and send it therefore making a loss. complete madness.

Back in Holland my dad got a letter from a sollicitor on behalf of the phone company demaning an payment of 1 guilder (30pence) , Beat that!

Needless to say he called them and asked if he could pay in weekly installments of 5 pence ;)

I went to the dentist in Dumfries when i was visiting my old man, and asked if it would cost anything, they said no, so I walked out past the receptionist without stopping to pay on the way out.

They sent me a bill for ?3, so I phoned them offering to pay it and they told me the only way to settle it was to send a cheque (I don't have a cheque book) or go to Dumfries and pay in cash.

They didn't take card payments over the phone and I couldn't pay by direct banking.

I asked them what would happen if I didn't pay it and they said they would "pursue it".

I told them that seeing they told me I didn't have to pay anything, I'd see them in court...

Got a few more letters which I just ignored.

Came home to a letter the other day from the gas saying they had missed me when calling to exchange my meter. Nothing unusual in this you might think. However the strange thing is that it is actually my job to plan in the meter exchanges and send out letters about it. Am I actually such a robot at work that I didn't realise I was working on my own address and writing to myself? Apparently so!

Came across a cracker at my old work

Basically we worked these reports of accounts which had temporary stops on them, because Visa/Mastercard charged per account so we were desperate to get the blocks off ASAP.

Well one day I was reviewing one and the memos read that the police had called to advise that the card had been found on the body of a guy killed in an explosion on some industrial site and they needed to contact the family, the account had been blocked and the details given.

Two weeks later some bint had went in and sent the guy a letter to call and discuss it

Then two weeks later she did the same again

I couldnt believe how stupid she was:eek:

Say What Again
Came home to a letter the other day from the gas saying they had missed me when calling to exchange my meter. Nothing unusual in this you might think. However the strange thing is that it is actually my job to plan in the meter exchanges and send out letters about it. Am I actually such a robot at work that I didn't realise I was working on my own address and writing to myself? Apparently so!

So your hair isn't dyed then Lou? :P

Every year I get a form from the Inland Revenue. Every year I get it late because I work in Mozambique. Every year they fine me 100 pounds for late submission. Every year I explain that there is no postal service where I live and could they waive the fine. Every year I get a letter to tell me that a committee has assessed my appeal and that the charge has been refunded. A few months later, when I have access to SA post, I have a letter containing a cheque for 0.00 pounds.

How much must this cost?

I once came home from school to find a court letter sitting waiting for me. I sat for a few minutes thinking what bad deed i'd done to receive such a thing. So after reading, I found out that I'd pushed a man and spat a packet of skips in his face, and was expected in court a few months later. I of course knew that I could never waste a packet of skips like that and so contacted the polis. Eventually I found out that my friend with the same name had given my details but got the DOB wrong. What a mate! If only he'd gotten the DOB right...

Archived