Csaba Laszlo: the pro's and cons

Gregorski

Got an idea for a thread here.

Start any reply to this thread by writing either Pro - followed by an opinion that supports the appointment of Csaba or Con - followed by a factor that is against his appointment.

Please only write one pro or con on each post

Maybe it won't take off but here we go any way....

Pro-

The apparent and complete turnaround in form by Christian Nade, having really under performed last season, looking really dis-interested and even went as far to admit that he turned up to pre-season training for this season intentionally out of shape in the hope that it would lead to his release.

Since Csaba has been appointed he now seems to be a completely different player, last night's performance being a prime example.

This to me demonstrates Laszlo's ability to get the best out of "difficult" players.

letsalllaughathobos

con-likes to settle for 1-0

pro-got a bad bunch better.hope he gets the chance to sign a couple in jan.

Pro

Here's an interesting one,

After thirteen games and his first season in charge and with barely a pre-season behind him he has managed to amass twenty points as opposed to Craig Levein's second season in charge where he only managed fourteen after the same amount of games.

We are all now aware that Craig Levein is currently considered to be among the most highly rated young Scottish Managers in the game today.

ToadKiller Dog

Pro

for the most part he seems to have if not healed the massive split that was evident between the players at least reduced it ,does seem most are singing from the same hymn sheet now

iamcraigbeattie

Cons

Plays one up front at home to the likes of Hamilton

Continues to play players out of position even through we have sufficient cover in these areas

Training today consisted of tennis at David Lloyd (Source my own eyes)

Pro

Here's an interesting one,

After thirteen games and his first season in charge and with barely a pre-season behind him he has managed to amass twenty points as opposed to Craig Levein's second season in charge where he only managed fourteen after the same amount of games.

We are all now aware that Craig Levein is currently considered to be among the most highly rated young Scottish Managers in the game today.

Interesting, so that sort of form from scratch would be a pro for Frail as well.

Who'd of thunk it. Frail's career at Hearts started off better than Levein's

Its still quite a good stat though.

Cons

Continues to play players out of position even through we have sufficient cover in these areas

Nice one mate, cheers for the post. Good points.

Like I said though, could you just write one con or pro per post.

'mon the HMFC!!! :)

thehibsareintheirbeds

Con- seems almost too loyal to players and unwilling to change- maybe a bit set in his ways. maybe a nice change after the rotation nonsense of previous seasons but i feel its holding us back this season. constantly talks up the different systems and ways we can play but its been pretty rigid 4-5-1 all season- with players such as zal and mole off form and karapidis out of position seemingly undroppable form the team/bench.

Pro

I like going to the pub either side of the game.

Buffalo Bill

Con

The Celtic game. I enjoyed going to the pub at half time.

Interesting, so that sort of form from scratch would be a pro for Frail as well.

Who'd of thunk it. Frail's career at Hearts started off better than Levein's

Its still quite a good stat though.

Especially if you remember that Levein already had about three quarters of a season and a full pre-season behind him to make his mark.

Also if you look at his second season in charge that I'm reffering to it show's that we lost to some pretty mediocre sides. Sides like Livingston, Hibernian(finished tenth that year), Dundee United(finished 8th that year) and Aberdeen. During that period we were also knocked out of the cup by Ross County on penalties.

Cons

But when we played two against Killie at home, we lost.

pro - seems to actually have some enthusiasm for the job, not driven solely by what the job gives to him in the way of money. our last manager was the opposite.

con - may, that's a may, still be being influenced and/or controlled by other characters.

Cons

He thinks Robbie Neilson can play right midfield. I wonder who told him that ?!

He thinks Jamie Mole can play football.

He thinks human beings understand his hand signals.

Pros:

I actually like him

Has managed to solve the "right back problem" with his movement of Jonnson.

Cons

Last nights subs. Changed the game from us being on top, to Hamilton being on top.

Nice one mate, cheers for the post. Good points.

Like I said though, could you just write one con or pro per post.

'mon the HMFC!!! :)

After a game they do a rehabilitation(sp) programme. It's on a rota I think. One week they do cross bar challenge and other small challenges that doesnt take much or play tennis either original tennis or football tennis.

Then they begin preparing for the next game!

Pros:

I actually like him

Has managed to solve the "right back problem" with his movement of Jonnson.

Cons

Last nights subs. Changed the game from us being on top, to Hamilton being on top.

eggert has to raise his game significantly at RB or houston we have a problem. not the finished article i'm afraid, not by a long way.

Charlie-Brown

Pros:

Seems to have a definite idea of what he wants even if he doesn't necessarily have the means at his disposal currently to achieve it.

Has improved the league position and improved the morale of the players, last week they were rightly criticised after the Celtic defeat however they have responded by taking 6pts in 2 games and even though it was ugly and against the bottom stragglers I'm not sure that would have happened last season.

Has had a positive impact on certain players attitude & performances although some others continue to be a problem.

Cons:

A little bit inflexible with his system although to be fair he is still learning what his players & team are capable & are not capable of.....

A reluctance to try some of the more promising youngsters ahead of some struggling players - although our team as a whole is already very young.

Pro's

I like his enthusiasm and his energy and it appears that the players are responding to this.

We are more like a football side (than a circus) with fans moaning about players on the park and tactics more than politics.

We are winning ugly a lot - something we haven't done in while.

We try to keep the ball on the deck instead of just punting it forward constantly (second half last night being an exception of course)

Cons

Appears that he will never change out of his 4-1-3-1 system but will only change personel.

We have only played well in 3 (possibly 4) matches.

Maybe goes for experience a little too much, why players like Makela and Ksanavicius find places on the bench instead of youngsters.

Tbh whats the point in debating this

Csaba is just another yes man, if he goes we get another one and another one and another one

At least this one is a bit entertaining with the spraff

Its not even worse debating managers or players these days as common sense, form and fans opinions dont even come into romanovs mindset

Archived