Good results / Gash football

Victorian

would the booing / non-booing masses accept the horrendous football of last night if we ground out results and qualified for europe?

i probably would.

would the booing / non-booing masses accept the horrendous football of last night if we ground out results and qualified for europe?

i probably would.

Yes, of course ... we are allowed to have double standards, surely !!! ;)

But watching that pesh all season would be very very hard to bear.

i probably would.

To a certain extent i would yes but maybe not when you look at the wider picture. If we played like that in the new Europa cup next season then we will just be humiliated and be out at the same time Hibs were in the Intertoto.

Also, i was shocked when i heard the booing last night, think its the first time i have ever heard a winning Hearts time booed of the park - i didnt boo.

Selkirk_Jambo

If Csaba manages to get us in to Europe with that bunch, he is nothing short of a managerial genius.

And yes, I would accept it for another trip abroad.

Jam Tarts 1874

i probably would.

Yes. I can't think of much good football being played whilst Levein was getting us into Europe.

Too right,however it is apparent that many posters would rather lose with flair than win ugly.

Probably because the board is infested with donuts of a green and white persuasion.

this_is_my_story

i probably would.

I definitely would, every time. It's obviously an added bonus if we see Hearts win by a few goals and playing with style, but first and foremost I want to see a winning Hearts team. Losing teams don't win any points!

I would accept it, yes, but I'd prefer it if we were a bit more attack-minded.

It would only take a few signings and a change of formation to vastly improve the entertainment on show.

Plus, we've seen great attacking Hearts sides in the non too distant past so why not demand it?

Buffalo Bill

No. It's disappointing enough watching such unambitious performances by a club that I still think of as the one that won the league scoring 132 goals in 34 matches. That's 3.6 goals per game. We hardly manage that number of shots in many of the games these days.

Qualifying for Europe would simply result in an early exit in Albania or Andorra, or some other leading European football country.

Guest jambomickey
Yes. I can't think of much good football being played whilst Levein was getting us into Europe.

your having a laugh! we were organised under levein but scored plenty goals and spanked the hobos often aswell. this team wouldn't live with leveins team, and by the way we knew it was levein picking the team and making decisions on players coming in and out.

Guest jambomickey
How about celebrating it "One Nil to the Gorgie Boys" and making it a positive.

we won the 3 points wull but how can we be positive about holding on against the mighty hamilton? we've went so far back it's not true.

we won the 3 points wull but how can we be positive about holding on against the mighty hamilton? we've went so far back it's not true.

you're correct, but we've got what we've got, maybe if we sung that it would become an attribute ala Arsenal under George Graham, just a thought, at least it would give us something to do during the game

Guest jambomickey
you're correct, but we've got what we've got, maybe if we sung that it would become an attribute ala Arsenal under George Graham, just a thought, at least it would give us something to do during the game

during the game we should be backing the players but it's just not good enough from top to bottom

Guest jambomickey
But we could see how far backwards we were going literally years ago - how have you not got used to it yet?

The writing was on the wall for the standard on show for Hearts by 2007 - I'm over it and understand we need to be a little bit humble as fans now and get behind the side even though they are far from the best we've seen.

Too many folk expecting too much from a team which has made huge cuts in personnel and has a manager less than 6 months into the job.

the standard is only going to drop further until somebody who wants what's best for hearts comes in and rids us of this paraniod lying regime.

this_is_my_story
No. It's disappointing enough watching such unambitious performances by a club that I still think of as the one that won the league scoring 132 goals in 34 matches. That's 3.6 goals per game. We hardly manage that number of shots in many of the games these days.

Qualifying for Europe would simply result in an early exit in Albania or Andorra, or some other leading European football country.

Days of those sort of goalscoring exploits are over for any team anywhere in the world.

So, would you rather we didn't bother qualifying for Europe anymore? No more trips like Bordeaux, Basle, Feyenoord etc?

Guest jambomickey
Days of those sort of goalscoring exploits are over for any team anywhere in the world.

So, would you rather we didn't bother qualifying for Europe anymore? No more trips like Bordeaux, Basle, Feyenoord etc?

if we went to europe with what we got now we would be humiliated by some minnow like the hobos were

this_is_my_story
if we went to europe with what we got now we would be humiliated by some minnow like the hobos were

You might well be right. Still, it's the opportunity of a trip to see The Famous in Europe though, innit!

Guest juvehearts

i probably would.

NO.

Why you ask?

Simple, because somehow if we manage that feat we would get HAMMERED from the 1st european club we face .

Plus if we DO, then the standard of the SPL would be at an all time low.

that peformance last night vs your top 3 1st division & top 2 second division teams would have us beat.

hearts ALWAYS have had this mentatatily vs lesser teams that its going to be easy.

cowdenbeath, aidrie, hamilton, st johnstone e.c.t we have this mindset that we just have to turn up & forget to compete.

shabba has to realize this & hopefully turn this mindset down.

I hope that we play fractionally better vs ICT on saturday at their back yard, because the home game (1-0) we clung on better than the best tampon going around.

Guest jambomickey
The standard has improved from last season, empirically evidenced by our league position, subjectively evidenced by a wide concensus from pundits on the radio last night that we are moving forward again, at last.

You'll moan about anything because of your hatred of the club's owners. It's bad form that the players should get both barrels because you cannot devolve the off-field activities of board/UKIO people, and the team - who desperately need our support and are afraid to play at home because of the unmerited abuse they can often receive.

i always back the team and have never boo the team and never will. i'll moan because what i'm watching both on and off the park is totally unaccetable.

i probably would.

One thing is guarenteed.........if we played like gods every week and were unlucky losers, we would get booed. I have seen us play out our skins at tynie and go in drawing 0 - 0 at HT and there has been booing. I always cringe when I see grown men booing.....I'm maybe alone thinking its really childish / sad.

Guest jambomickey
The standard has improved from last season, empirically evidenced by our league position, subjectively evidenced by a wide concensus from pundits on the radio last night that we are moving forward again, at last.

You'll moan about anything because of your hatred of the club's owners. It's bad form that the players should get both barrels because you cannot devolve the off-field activities of board/UKIO people, and the team - who desperately need our support and are afraid to play at home because of the unmerited abuse they can often receive.

if you think the standard has improved you're easily pleased! we're sitting 4th because the standard of our league and not because of the brilliance of hearts.

i probably would.

It's a moot point. The horrendous football of last night will not see us grind out out results against many teams. Unless the SPL announces that the rest of our fixtures are to be against Hamilton and St Mirren, of course.

Guest jambomickey
You're turning into a sh** catchphrase-based caricature up there with "I'm just giving my opinion".

my opinion is the majority of hearts fans opinions.

The Old Tolbooth

i probably would.

Anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar lol!!

I'd be sheeite scared of how we performed in Europe though :eek:

Archived