Ruben...

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

He a strange player. Some on here love him, some are ambivalent and others think he's awful. I have to say I'm not a fan and think he's well over rated. Last season, when he did play, he broke down so many of our potential breakaways with his trademark, control, turn, look one way, look another, flap your arms like a chicken, turn and play pass style, but the thing that annoyed me most was his failure to pick up midfield runners and to track back convincingly.

He was at it again last night and if Hamilton had been luckier it would have cost us. In the seconf half I lost count of the number of times he drifted away from a player and then let them run past him into a lot of space. I think it was McCarthy (no 4?) who he continuously let past him in the last 20 mins.

He a strange player. Some on here love him, some are ambivalent and others think he's awful. I have to say I'm not a fan and think he's well over rated. Last season, when he did play, he broke down so many of our potential breakaways with his trademark, control, turn, look one way, look another, flap your arms like a chicken, turn and play pass style, but the thing that annoyed me most was his failure to pick up midfield runners and to track back convincingly.

He was at it again last night and if Hamilton had been luckier it would have cost us. In the seconf half I lost count of the number of times he drifted away from a player and then let them run past him into a lot of space. I think it was McCarthy (no 4?) who he continuously let past him in the last 20 mins.

Completely ineffectual last night. But he put in a very good shift on Saturday. He's inconsistent.

The People's Chimp
You can't have ruben and karapidis in the same midfield, too similar and cancelled out each other last night.

True, they both go for the same space.

But what is most worrying for me is his complete inability/ lack of desire to pick up a midfield runner and lets them simply breeze past him. He will cost us goals if he continues to do this.

Tynecastle Valhalla

It is all about opinions and I like Ruben.

I think he is one of the best centre mids we have had in the last 5 years or so. and we have had quite a few!

I feel bad for him that he has not had a run in the team this year as he was one of the better players last year. Hope he stays in the team.

Zal on the other hand is a liability.

Completely ineffectual last night. But he put in a very good shift on Saturday. He's inconsistent.

Couldn't agree more. I do like Ruben and I do think he's a good player but last night he couldn't have done any less well if he'd just quietly gone to sleep in the middle of the pitch. And I've always been of the opinion that Zaliukas should be dropped, Karapidis slotted back into defence and Ruben in that holding midfield role. As someone pointed out, a midfield with Karapidis and Ruben in it just didn't seem to work. And it was a shame because that's the first game in a while that I've seen him start, I wanted to see him fight his way back in, lets hope this was a blip.

Jam Tarts 1874

Maybe Ruben would come onto a better game if he gets a run in the team. He also looked a little lost at times during his first few games last season, but improved greatly once he was in the team every week.

No-one who rates him has ever managed to tell me what he contributes to the team.

I've said this before, but I'd love to see the stats for how often the player he passes to loses possession - he's a master at shirking responsibility and playing others into trouble.

Don't rate him.

The People's Chimp
No-one who rates him has ever managed to tell me what he contributes to the team.

I've said this before, but I'd love to see the stats for how often the player he passes to loses possession - he's a master at shirking responsibility and playing others into trouble.

Don't rate him.

That's it in a nutshell.

Charlie-Brown

Palazuelos reminds me of Pospisil, he's a tidy enough player with good technique but he's ineffective in my opinion - he doesn't have too many great games nor too many bad games but he doesn't make any difference when he plays if you know what I mean....I don't think he blends that well with the other players we have or maybe they don't understand the plays he's trying to make but I'd argue that Karipidis offers a better balance beside Stewart than Ruben does - Palazeulos is okay cover for Mikey Stewart suspension but I'd rather have Husband or Johnny Stewart or even Kingston in ahead of Ruben as I think they'd offer more of what we need.

Ruben is a big akward giraffe and should be playing basketball - fact. absolute donkey on the fitba park!

Yeah your right!:rolleyes::eek:

Csaba is just playing with the team, he is finding his feet. People complaining about players being out of position is normal but he is just trying to find a starting 11 that will click. Playing beside Larry ruben would tick. Him and micheal stewart are not great together.

I think Ruben is a decent player but he doesn't really contribute to our team.

It was like he was there to help Karipidis and Aguiar but Karipidis didn't need the help and Ruben can't attack very well.

It is all about opinions and I like Ruben.

I think he is one of the best centre mids we have had in the last 5 years or so. and we have had quite a few!

I feel bad for him that he has not had a run in the team this year as he was one of the better players last year. Hope he stays in the team.

Zal on the other hand is a liability.

Its all about opinions, I think he is very poor, does not make any worthwhile contribution. Tackling poor, more one footed than Baggio and lets opposition midfielders run off him. Would not have him in the squad let alone the team

Its all about opinions, I think he is very poor, does not make any worthwhile contribution. Tackling poor, more one footed than Baggio and lets opposition midfielders run off him. Would not have him in the squad let alone the team

Ruben and Karapidis were standing on each others toes and both were virtually tripping over the CBs!!!We had no shape at all last night and IMO that was Ruben's worst game for us. He's a tidy player but needs to be a bit more instinctive and less thinking. I was disappointed he didn't seem to be making himself available for taking the ball from the defenders and only Driver seemed to want the ball but he was pretty ineffective.

Seymour M Hersh

I'd say that covers the vast majority of footballers.

I think Ruben Palazuelos stood out like a sore thumb when Michael Stewart had his characteristic loss of form after September last season. He looked to be the only player in the Hearts side at that time capable of passing to a teammate and that got him a few man of the match awards despite the team's poor form.

This season Bruno Aguiar has come back into the side and looked a more effective midfield player than Ruben. I think Ruben is a tidy player but not greatly suited to the SPL, for that matter I don't think Bruno is either. Although they are both decent footballers I think we could get midfield players with a bit more dig and drive for half their wages that would serve us just as well.

The People's Chimp
I'd say that covers the vast majority of footballers.

I should therefore have said that, bizarrely, some people on jkb rate him, and i think he's tom kite.

He looks a different player from last season:(

I really liked him last year, but he's lost something pre-season.

I agree though, we need a bit of dig in there.

Supercalifrejilistic Ruben Palazuelos

If we need Defensive Mids, we'd rather put on Christos

He's our saviour from afar, more lethal than asbestos

Supercalifrejilistic Rubeb Palazuelos.

Get. It. Sung. :P

Supercalifrejilistic Ruben Palazuelos

If we need Defensive Mids, we'd rather put on Christos

He's our saviour from afar, more lethal than asbestos

Supercalifrejilistic Rubeb Palazuelos.

Get. It. Sung. :P

:laugh:

Quality!