Faintly amusing typographical error

topcat

From the Match Report on the club's website:

Hearts made it two wins in four days at Tynecastle this evening, but they did not have things all their own way as Billy Reid's hard-working Hamilton side pished them all the way after Christian Nade's early strike. Although the home side created what few clear-cut opportunities there were in the game, it was the visitors who dominated possession, especially in the second half which they spent camped around the Hearts penalty as they sought share of the spoils. That they did not achieve that was down to the resoluteness of the Hearts back-line, with Christophe Berra, Lee Wallace and Robbie Neilson all playing a crucial role in what was at times a rather desperate rearguard action.

Hearts made it two wins in four days at Tynecastle this evening, but they did not have things all their own way as Billy Reid's hard-working Hamilton side pished them all the way after Christian Nade's early strike. Although the home side created what few clear-cut opportunities there were in the game, it was the visitors who dominated possession, especially in the second half which they spent camped around the Hearts penalty as they sought share of the spoils. That they did not achieve that was down to the resoluteness of the Hearts back-line, with Christophe Berra, Lee Wallace and Robbie Neilson all playing a crucial role in what was at times a rather desperate rearguard action.

That's a classic ... I know it was a reference to Hamilton, but when did we last pish a game !

There's hidden messages all over that text if you look hard enough.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Come on BB how long did that take you

:rolleyes:

Though that typo is class, the amount of mistakes etc in the site is awful. It obvoiusly doesn't get checked on browsers often by the designers as often text is out of line and in wrong places, margins/wrappers are monged etc

Though that typo is class, the amount of mistakes etc in the site is awful. It obvoiusly doesn't get checked on browsers often by the designers as often text is out of line and in wrong places, margins/wrappers are monged etc

Aha, it's not just me then. I thought it was my settings that were making the match report pages go all wonky. Nothing more tricky than trying to read maroon text on a maroon background. :biggrin:

The Old Tolbooth

Buffalo Bill

Ha ha ha!!

Brilliant, but you've got far too much time on your hands Mr B! :P

Does anyone else have a problem getting into the Hearts website?

I always get a blank page, and I have to cut a bit of the address bar to get in?

Buffalo Bill

Aha, it's not just me then. I thought it was my settings that were making the match report pages go all wonky. Nothing more tricky than trying to read maroon text on a maroon background. :biggrin:

it works better in IE than firefox I think, but with firebox becoming more popular then it should really be checked at design stage

The amount of typos and basic poor grammar is pretty high

And I know what you mean about the maroon text on maroon background, the text was way out of line!

Hearts will pay (....well maybe) the premium Tv company a good whack of cash I'd imagine for the site

it works better in IE than firefox I think, but with firebox becoming more popular then it should really be checked at design stage

The amount of typos and basic poor grammar is pretty high

And I know what you mean about the maroon text on maroon background, the text was way out of line!

Hearts will pay (....well maybe) the premium Tv company a good whack of cash I'd imagine for the site

There always appear to be problems with the match reports and the maroon background. I just switch from Firefox to IE and it works OK.

Archived